McBeth

How do you deal with anger?

Right now I am so angry at someone I want to explode. There is about an 80% chance I will see this person tonight. How do I deal with this? I would much rather have time to calm down before seeing them, but that might not be an option.

I really just want to hit them over the head with a pint glass. Is that a bad idea?

I really just want to hit them over the head with a pint glass. Is that a bad idea?

Just make sure it's empty...don't wanna waste good beer!;)
I wonder if it might be easier with an empty bottle. :ph34r:

Now your talking...make it a long neck bottle....better grip!:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

If it's a guy, ask them to Rochambeau for the tab...you're bound to win. ;)

If it's a woman, I got nothin', unless you want to challenge them to an oil wrestling match. :o

If you don't like those options, then just tell them why you're mad...before you've had any alcohol. That doesn't tend to make the argument any more coherent. :)
Miss ya!

Mike

Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

If it's a guy, ask them to Rochambeau for the tab...you're bound to win. ;)

If it's a woman, I got nothin', unless you want to challenge them to an oil wrestling match. :o

If you don't like those options, then just tell them why you're mad...before you've had any alcohol. That doesn't tend to make the argument any more coherent. :)
Miss ya!

Mike

Well actually the crises has been averted, the person will not be there tonight and to top it off I just had a conversation about why I'm mad at them. They apologized, I told them that I need space from them and it's a very good thing I won't be seeing them for the next few weeks :)
But there might be oil wresting with others for fun anyway ;)

Edited to add: Miss you too Mike... and the good old days of Hollister!

From The Four Agreements (emphasis mine)

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

#2 is actually quite enlightening. We all like to think we're the reason people do things, but we really aren't. People do what they do mostly for their own benefit and without regard to us. If you understand that whatever this other person did probably has nothing to do with you, then maybe you can let go of the anger a bit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

#2 is actually quite enlightening. We all like to think we're the reason people do things, but we really aren't. People do what they do mostly for their own benefit and without regard to us. If you understand that whatever this other person did probably has nothing to do with you, then maybe you can let go of the anger a bit.

Funny you empahasized this one, b/c in the conversation I just had, that is exactly what I discovered. Thanks for the link.

Paul posted some great things. I'm gonna add those to my processes.

But when I'm angry I always tell myself, "Subjective belief is not necessarily objective reality." It goes along with #3 about "Don't make assumptions." I don't know what's going on and I don't know why things happened. I better find out.

To keep from getting mad, upset, etc., the one thing I've learned is to pretty much take the word "should" out of my vocabulary. It sets up expectations that most of the time cannot be met. I therefore really have few expectations of people that are outside of my control.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Right now I am so angry at someone I want to explode. There is about an 80% chance I will see this person tonight. How do I deal with this? I would much rather have time to calm down before seeing them, but that might not be an option.

beer and masturbation... wait, no... that's the weeknight routine...:$
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

beer and masturbation... wait, no... that's the weeknight routine...:$

I think I'll go with cider and masturbation tonight. I'll check back tomorrow and tell you how it works. ;)

I dare someone to say, "Need a hand?" :ph34r:
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yhis is Texas . . . we shoot them.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yhis is Texas . . . we shoot them.:|
Well it's a good thing I'm not armed :|