jumpoutnow

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE JUMP PLANE?

Skyvan

You must be deaf. The skyvan and casa are noisy slow ass bastards. Don't get me wrong, it's great for shooting bigway out of but apart from that i would take the pac, which being a fat bastard is not the best plane. The otter is far the best all round aircraft. And as there is none at any GA USPA dropzone right now:D I say get the otter.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Otters aren't as "fun" as tailgates and two engines cost more to maintain than a Caravan/Grand Caravan/Pac, but from a fun jumper perspective I'd nod in favor of a Super Otter. They seem much less likely to go down for repairs than a skyvan, and the big door is great for launching. I honestly don't see how King Airs have built the reputation they have in skydiving. Sure, the turn times are fast, but it's not particularly big, the door sucks for chunking, jump run speed is fast for floating or CRW, and it comes with all the maintenance costs of an Otter.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

PAC 750 all the way, over anything else. It really is a much better plane than a super otter. From a freefliers perspective, how frequently are you doing jumps of more than 15 people? Not often. The PAC climbs faster than an otter. Jump Tickets! Otter tickets are going for $23 or $24 all over the place. I usually average about $16-$17 for a ticket in the PAC.

Being in a smaller freeflying out of an otter sucks. 20 people leave before you and your spot is shit. Then there's 20 something other canopies all flying around and there is always at least one guy out to kill you.

The only credit I can give the otter over the PAC (other than the rare occasion you're freeflying with more than 15) is for tandems. It's easier with the big door to launch out a tandem however you'd like.

PACs are the new way. Get over it and say goodbye to your otter. Get a PAC! Cheap tickets and get there faster. Less people trying to kill you under canopy.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Skyvan

The otter is far the best all round aircraft. And as there is none at any GA USPA dropzone right now:D I say get the otter.

Very subtle... :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I honestly don't see how King Airs have built the reputation they have in skydiving. Sure, the turn times are fast, but it's not particularly big, the door sucks for chunking, jump run speed is fast for floating or CRW, and it comes with all the maintenance costs of an Otter.

With the retractable gear they're more expensive to maintain and insure than Otters. The big attraction is that there are lots of deals out there where you buy a pair of PT6 engines and the seller includes a free King Air

Blues,
Dave

Looks like the Super Otter is the winner hands down.

So the question remains, is the Farm now the proud owner of a Super Twin Otter? Don't come home from Texas unless you're flying it back...

Mike

He'll come home with a c-172 you know greg. Then he'll blame weather conditions. thats just my prediction
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

..So the question remains, is the Farm now the proud owner of a Super Twin Otter? Don't come home from Texas unless you're flying it back...

I'm in a holding pattern...show me the Otter!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The only thing better than one Super Otter is Two Super Otters.

Sweet! B|

Can we do formation loads this winter??? Just imagine...40+ jumpers descending to the Farm at one time...wow, what a nice daydream in the middle of the work week... :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091