turtlespeed

What are you into?

the San Jose Sharks.

Just a point behind the Kings now. At least they waited until overtime to choke. Of course, I predict the Sharks to go to the Stanley Cup Finals. The Marleau-Thrornton-Cheechu line is mighty fine. Actually, Thornton makes ANY line fine.

Right now, I'm into kids, pro football, baseball playoffs and Kings hockey. My Raiders don't suck now. They are merely respectable.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Weightlifting is the only thing I do every day, snowboarding, snowskiing, SCUBA, rappelling, camping (but prefer bathrooms - I just like sleeping outside), hiking, and here's one for you:

my "calm" thing has become taking care of my plants I have somehow inherited - a couple of Peace Lilies, A Diffenbachia that won't stop growing (it's over 4 ft. tall, and I planted it from a twig only ten months ago - the leaves are about a foot long and 9 inches at the widest), and some others I don't even know the names to. Repotting them to larger has become more routine than I thought it would.

When someone asks me what I did yesterday, and I tell them "repotted some plants," I get the strangest look, and "...really...you?" Then they see them and are like "Wow."
Roll Tide Roll

my "calm" thing has become taking care of my plants I have somehow inherited

That's cool... I like gardening too, though my yard is looking a little neglected right now (and it doesn't help that everything got hit with a hard freeze last winter, followed by a super-hot summer).

All these are indoor plants - certainly enhances the air quality noticeably - especially with a brat of a cockatiel inside. The "round" part of the kitchen (think big bay, floor to ceiling) looks literally like a jungle sometimes.

Outdoors? Forget it - I just try to keep the grass mowed to community standards. Besides, with the droughts being what they have been this Summer in Alabama (and elsewhere), I wouldn't even try outdoor stuff.

I don't know if I just emit a lot of CO2 and make them happy, but it's like I have the super-plants or something. I am, however, going to try tomato plants, because I eat them every single day in one way or another.
Roll Tide Roll

Yes! I can't forget gardening. I have a variety of plants from low-maintenance to at least 15 orchids.

I don't know what it is, but it is the most relaxing thing for me. I think I should become a professional gardener. I might then be the happiest person in the world. B/c, all my shit is planted. All I get to do is tend to it. And sometimes I tend a bit too much.:$

I love planting & pruning and growing and getting dirty.:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Exactly. I mean, I also LOVE scuba, traveling, deep-sea fishing (mostly we go in the intracoastal b/c of time restraints), etc.

I'm usually down for just about anything I haven't tried, though. I always say, I'll try anything at least twice.

Now that I think about it, we play a lot of board games, too.:)
And if it were November through May I would have most definitely said golf. I'm a fair-weathered anything. I suppose if you love something enough you'll do it in less than desirable conditions. But I have enough things I love that I let the conditions decide what fun adventure I'll take that day. If it's not right for one thing, it's PERFECT for something else.B|

I love planting & pruning and growing and getting dirty.

It's funny you should say that - for the longest I would get this weird feeling when I would have to take the scissors to my plants, like I wondered if they thought I was punishing them or something.

It's not like I heard them screaming in my head or anything, just I guess anxiety about whether or not I was doing it right, and when, etc. Always came out well, though.

I am glad there is a thread on dropzone.com that doesn't make my heart race or make me angry or horny for once...
Roll Tide Roll

Oh my gosh, I don't mind pruning at all! I LOVE it.

My ruellas are so happy, it seems like they grow twice the size every other month. And it's not good for them when they get that big b/c the ocean breeze will blow them and bend loose ends.

I actually LOVE how much better and healthier plants look after you give them a little time after a good pruning. We have several hibiscus' that get big and beautiful, but sure enough if you let them go too long w/out cutting them back they start to look ragged, and it's not good for them.

It's like hair. You gotta trim the dead ends to keep it looking beautiful & healthy.:)