brianfry713

Get well soon flygirl1

How come Gareth has a beer but didn't bring one for her?

:D

We'll have to have a gimp get together or vicodin party soon once were all up for it with all the Nor Cal people who have broken themselves recently.

I dunno if you can beat the NorCal record from circa 2000 at SkyDance, when there were I think 6 of us DZ rats on crutches at the same time. Since several of us worked at the DZ at the time, the standard answer to wuffos what "We fell down the stairs".

did they buy it!?

heal well flygirl and all the others.. there really must be something infectious around you guys.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

WOW!

It sounds like there's some heavy gravity days in the NorCal area! (which would so expain all the fractures and the headaches!!) I hate Heavy Gravity days! [:/][:/]

Take care of each other though! Use this time to kick back, relax, and watch some chick flicks.... really... they go good with Vicodin. :S:D:D

Behave during the recovery phase. (and do NOT jump with the cast on, Silly!)

Karen

Oh NO! :o

I love how you always have a smile and a great demeanor no matter what!

Heal quickly sweetie!!!!

xoxo
g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Must be somthing in the air. Broke my Tib/Fib last Sunday. Mine is not as bad a Flygirl's Thank God !!!!Hers looks like it hurts. :)

Owie! Good luck on the healing!

WIth nothing better to do on this sunny Seattle Saturday I'll share my X-ray photos too. Like parents with baby pictures!

Thanks again every body. You guys have all made my day.:)

kbordson-I think you're right about the heavy gravity days we've been having lately. I will use that excuse the next time I have to get on a scale:D and your also right about the chick flicks and Vicodin (or in my case Norco) That's been all we have been doing all week:D

DrewEckhardt - "I'll share my X-ray photos too. Like parents with baby pictures! " It's so true! The first thing I do when my friends come over is show them mine:D BTW can you feel your rod? I can feel mine and it's kind of weird:S

Mikhail - Thanks for the jump. I'm glad it was such a fun one. I can still remember every one smiling:)
Thanks everyone! You are all so sweet:)

Fly like a girl

Leah was very sad that they had to cut her jumpsuit off. I had Leah help get my $300 paragliding boots off my broken ankle before I went in the hospital because I know how they like to cut clothing.

We've been watching LOTS of chick flicks. I'm limited to trying to find only comedies and romantic comedies. Nothing that says drama or horror. TiVo helps.

I tried some of Leah's pain pills last night (Norco?) and they are much better than my Vicodin.

Very nice x-rays Drew.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

We've been watching LOTS of chick flicks. I'm limited to trying to find only comedies and romantic comedies.

Talk about taking one for the team.:) Maybe try and sneak in Full Metal Jacket when she is really doped up.>:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Leah was very sad that they had to cut her jumpsuit off. I had Leah help get my $300 paragliding boots off my broken ankle before I went in the hospital because I know how they like to cut clothing.

You were lucky to have Leah there - my wife Tammy was in Colorado so it took until Monday for her to come rescue me.

The hospital people had the decency to cut the laces but leave my right Hanwag intact so it didn't have to give up its life after saving my ankle joint and keeping my bones inside my skin. My sock, shorts, and boxers did fall prey to their scissors.

We've been watching LOTS of chick flicks. I'm limited to trying to find only comedies and romantic comedies. Nothing that says drama or horror. TiVo helps.

Netflix is great. I've been keeping it mostly light hearted with odd forays off the beaten path - Fiddler on the Roof the musical, the first Tarzan films from 1931, French and Saunders, The Vicar of Dibley, Cheech and Chong, Blue Hawaii with Elvis. I finally saw When Harry Met Sally. If you're going to watch romantic commedies, that one, Sleepless in Seattle, and French Kiss aren't too bad.

I tried some of Leah's pain pills last night (Norco?) and they are much better than my Vicodin.

Vicodin, Lortab, and Norco are all the same thing - hydrocodone mixed with acetaminophen. The specific combination is listed on the label with the acetaminophen abbreviated APAP for n-Acetyl-Para-AminoPhenol. All brands are available with different amounts of hydrocodone - the Norcos come in 5, 7.5, and 10mg. Purportedly 15mg of hydrocodone has the same effect as 10mg of morphine. When you have enough opiate tolerance, how much acetaminophen your liver can process is what caps the number you can take. The FDA considers 4000mg daily and 1000mg per dose to be the safe limit. The Norcos have only 325mg of acetaminophen so you can have 12 a day (3900mg APAP) if the opiates aren't a problem for you.

When I left the hospital and could no longer get morphine shots for breakthrough pain I was eating 10-12 Norco 10-325s for the first few days. Two days after my release when we were driving to Boise I finally realized that I was really drugged.

Some how I managed to have a pain free day a week or two ago when I didn't eat any for 24 hours but the norm seems to be 1 7.5-500 when it hurts during the day about every 8 hours and 2 at night when the stabbing nerve pain in my foot acts up. After five weeks I finally talked to a sensible doctor who knew like the rest of the medical community that opiates don't work well for nerve pain and gave me a neurontin prescription.

I fell like an old person talking about my drugs with other invalids, and a criminal when talking to the prescribing doctor's people. How many did you take in the last 24 hours? 4 (down from 6 last time - I am healing). Hows the pain? The broken bones ache some, but the nerve pain hits a 7 of 10 and two pills are marginal.

Geeze!

Very nice x-rays Drew.

Thanks!

Hope all y'all continue to heal.

DrewEckhardt - "I'll share my X-ray photos too. Like parents with baby pictures! " It's so true! The first thing I do when my friends come over is show them mine:D BTW can you feel your rod? I can feel mine and it's kind of weird[criazy]

Sometimes my ankle aches and knee hurts but I don't think of the rod itself. I can feel all four screw heads through my skin and the bumps on my tibia and fibia where the bone is growing together. That's a little wierd.