normiss

Weekend Numbers

:| : 3 : ???

drove all through the country, from north to south, to get those jumps in..

new dropzone, two porters with the door on the wrong side :), first sit held all the way down..

it was a cool weekend!!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I had 16 of the best jumps ever. Still in disbelief in how much fun it was!!

No beerable firsts and no humps, so in that regard it wasn't much of a weekend.

This weekend is the HOGFLOP, should be another fantastic weekend.

Is there such a thing as "Too Much Fun" ? I've always thought of it as merely, "Enough'

MH

WOO HOO!!!! I finally get to add to this thread!

:S:2:you betcha

1st jump: AFF cat A: Exit could have been cleaner, I had good body position the rest of the fall, good pull, opened into line twists, but kicked out ok. Almost ran out the landing, but my foot slipped and I wound up on my ass.

2nd jump: AFF cat B: Exit was much better, but in freefall, I felt like a 6 yr old learning to ride a bicycle. Good pull, chute opened straight. Almost stood up the landing, but the flare was a little high and the momentum put me on my knees. (Let me guess, I'm gonna regret saying I was on my knees...)

EDIT: Next jump, cat C!

Great weekend. Even learned to pack!

Standup landings are overrated. B|

:|:0:0

Helped my brother and my dad split several cords of wood on Saturday and worked on my computer on Sunday... Finally got it up and running...

There are/were some oddities with the installation... and I learned something about computers (or at least the stupid operating systems)

I miss my girl although I will/do get to see her in a few days though... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

2:2:0

Two very good drunken storytellers kept a few of us entertained Sunday evening; one of them impressed us all by balancing a bottle of Captain Morgan on it's edge (and I have video proof). It's probably wrong that we were all that fucked up by 8 pm and we didn't start drinking til sunset. But damn it was fun, and I'm not even close to hungover this morning.

Two very good freefly jumps, about the best sitflying I've ever done - I touched someone!! And I've got video proof of it too. :P

Standup landings are overrated. B|

did your instructor tell you this? :P
i'm feeling you right there bro'..

:$:0>:(:0

Season is closed and it was beautiful this weekend. Wish I could have been in the air even if it would have been cold.

As for the landing........being able to land is a beautiful thing - as I am just figuring this out. It is nice not to be black and blue after a weekend of jumping:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

;),2,0

2 nice rw jumps with Oren and the usual suspects

nice dirt dive with Jerry Bird oganizing for Phantoms b-day too bad our plane was snagged for a slowcom demo:S

I will be glad when the other planes arrive
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

:)
The only reason I went to an airport this weekend was to run the puppy. I slept in both days, got to hang out with Muttley, and actually got some chores done. I actually feel rested on a Monday morning instead of dragging ass...very cool! :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Five CASA jumps into the NASA Ballunar Festival, Johnson Space Center, south of Houston, Texas.

Photos:

1) Hot air balloon "glow".

2) Fire! Get the marshmallows.

3) "Moon" shot. This was a hot air balloon with a giant tooth representing a chain of dental offices. However, all the skydivers agreed that it looked more like a lumpy old lady, bending over at the waist, with her panties around her knees, shooting us "the moon".

4) The demo landing area, from above.