Conundrum

Please say a thought or prayer for my Grandma.

I will make this short. My grandma has stage 4 lung cancer. It is directly linked to smoking, which she quit doing over 17 years ago. We found out less than a year ago. She was really sick and no one knew what it was so they gave her a CAT scan, and by time they found it, it was already to late. Treatment would only delay the inevitable. She and the tumors responded well to the chemo and radiation but suddenly (this week) her condition started deteriorating very rapidly.

She moved up to Portland after she was diagnosed so she could be with my Aunt, who she rarely saw. She was supposed to come back down here to be with us for Christmas, but she cannot because of her current state. I spoke with my mom earlier today and she said they weren't sure she'd make it to the end of this year.

I just got off the phone with my dad. He said after running some tests today they aren't sure she will make it through this weekend. I've never heard his voice tremble like that. :(

We spent 5 days up in Portland for Thanksgiving to be with her and I am thankful for that. I won't ever get to see her again. :(

I guess this wasn't very short, but any thoughts you can just say to yourself would be great. I know it won't change anything, but you never know what good thoughts can do. I hope she can hang on at least until after Christmas.

Thanks for reading.

Hey Chelle,
thoughts, hugs and prayers sent your way. My grandmother passed away from the same thing 7 1/2 years ago. We were very close - I still think of her almost every day.....and tonight I got to see my grandfather...we had a long talk about the loss of her for quite a while. pm if you need to chat.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I'm very sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts. The same thing happened to my grandpa in 2003. We found out the day before Thanksgiving that he had stage 4 cancer and he passed away early Christmas morning. It's a tough thing to go through at any time, but especially during the holidays. Stay strong and remember to take care of yourself.
There are three types of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't.

Having lost an uncle to cancer two months ago and slowly losing my 94 year old grandmother (same uncle's mom), I can understand your pain.

Hang in there. Prayers sent.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Little update:

She was admitted to the hospital on her request (after getting scared) the night before last. The end is very near. My dad flew up last night to be with her for her last hours.

They have her on o2 and morphine, so I hope that she is at least in little to no pain. I called my aunt last night to see if I could just talk to her for just a second, but she was so tired. She said to tell me she loved me, thanks for calling, and tell my family she loves them.

I don't think she will make it to Christmas, in fact I don't know that she will last through today. I wish I could be there to hold her hand, but I know that she has her children there with her to be by her side during that time.

Thank you everyone for your PM's and thoughts here. I appreciate it.