SSHusky

an $8,000 mistake... oops!

I noticed that after further investigation that my bimonthly paycheck before taxes was $885.10 and that this new paycheck before taxes was $8,851.00.... oops... someone missed a decimal point....

"Ok! Ok! I must have, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
or something. Shit. I always do that. I always mess up some mundane
detail." - Michael Bolton

Michael! This is not a mundane detail! - Peter Gibbons.

I had this happen on a very small scale on my first job as a 17yo. We worked for California and were allowed to bill one (or two?) hour for the initial hiring paperwork routine. I got back the first paycheck and 24 more hours had been added on. Worth a hundred some bucks, which in 1989 is decent money, esp before I saw any subsequent paychecks for 80 hour periods.

I tried to report the error so it would be fixed in a friendly manner, but ran into a brick wall. No one wanted to deal with it. So that paid for the mandatory uniform.

Unfortunately, towards the end of the summer when they underpaid by missing an 8 hour shift, I was just as successful getting that reinstated.

I would not have said anything until they contacted me......I did some contractor work once and the company we did the work for refused to pay. He finally went to the office and refused to leave until he was paid...he finally got his money. About a month later a check was sent to him from the home office of the company. He kept the cash and they never asked for a refund!;)

I also knew a guy who got a refund check for 60K from the IRS. Not only did they want it back, they wanted the interest as well-and they got it!:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

never mind the fact that it bothers her that she is living off of a friend and yet y'all think she is seriously going to consider stealing? :| Right...

Yeah, she never explained HOW she's living off of the friend. Considering how this thread shows her values I can only guess what sort of moral trespasses she endures to make money!

WOW... y'all really are priceless... :D:S I mean seriously... fwiw... she isn't living off of a friend... she has a friend that is happy to provide a roof over her head until she can land a job (or more accurately until her current lease is up and she can get an apartment of her own) and as I said she is working on correcting the problem.

This is not as serious a post as some of y'all seem to think it is...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

A friend of mine worked with a company for a few days and then quit. Her full time job (and this comes from her mouth) is taking care of her husband, keeping the house clean and pampering her dog (that's right ladies and gents, she's a stay at home WIFE (no children) - I think I'd lose my mind). Anyways... they mailed her her first, last and only pay check in the amount of $6,500. I think she worked there a total of 6 days... she was shocked.

She didn't keep the check, she didn't even think about it. She called em up and handed it right back over to them. :S

never mind the fact that it bothers her that she is living off of a friend and yet y'all think she is seriously going to consider stealing? :| Right...

Yeah, she never explained HOW she's living off of the friend. Considering how this thread shows her values I can only guess what sort of moral trespasses she endures to make money!

WOW... y'all really are priceless... :D:S I mean seriously... fwiw... she isn't living off of a friend... she has a friend that is happy to provide a roof over her head until she can land a job (or more accurately until her current lease is up and she can get an apartment of her own) and as I said she is working on correcting the problem.

She breeds and fights dogs in a back alley gambling ring. She told me so.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I thought she was roger clemons steroid pusher and now she's out of a job.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A friend of mine worked with a company for a few days and then quit. Her full time job (and this comes from her mouth) is taking care of her husband, keeping the house clean and pampering her dog (that's right ladies and gents, she's a stay at home WIFE (no children) - I think I'd lose my mind). Anyways... they mailed her her first, last and only pay check in the amount of $6,500. I think she worked there a total of 6 days... she was shocked.

She didn't keep the check, she didn't even think about it. She called em up and handed it right back over to them. :S

Well I guess your friends are more honest than mine!!!!!!!!!:P:D:D:D:D But I think she is a true pro in the oldest profession in the world!!!!!!!:o:o:P:P:D:D:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I had a similar mistake happen to me when I was released from a company back in 2001. Not as much, though, but significant money. I took the high road and immediately called them to advise of the mistake and offered to return the cheque before I cashed it. They were astonished with my honesty and allowed me to keep the money, no further questions asked.

No guarantees this'll happen to you, but karma could be a bitch.
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

I thought she was roger clemons steroid pusher and now she's out of a job.

shhh.... I told you the other night that I didn't want that to be known publicly. ;)

Why does everyone keep talking about Scott's dog? :S

Seriously... :S

And not only has Karma not been a Bitch since she was about 4 1/2 months old... I know for a fact that Karma loves the original poster... as Karma is often fed by her and has the ball thrown by her...

And not only has Karma not been a Bitch since she was about 4 1/2 months old... I know for a fact that Karma loves the original poster... as Karma is often fed by her and has the ball thrown by her...
at 4.5 months you had you dogs gender reasigned:o:o:o

Karma will get you:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

at 4.5 onths you had you dogs gender reasigned:o:o:o

Karam will get you:ph34r:
Naw... I just got her fixed... and thus she was no longer capable of being a bitch (i.e. specifically a female dog that recently had puppies... :P)

so I suppose technically my karma was never really a bitch... or capable of being a bitch since she never went into heat... :ph34r::P

Naw... I just got her fixed... and thus she was no longer capable of being a bitch

Too bad that doesn't work with humans.:D

No shit. [:/]:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just an update...
I am currently playing phone tag with ASU and they are aware of the paycheck mix-up.
I just want to let y'all know that I obtained the phone number for the financial department and was going to call even before I posted. I hesitated because I have never had that much money before. I have been a student all my life. I have worked 3 jobs at once while going to school so that I could pay bills and manage to stay sane by jumping a few times. I have recently fallen into some financial troubles and 6 grand looked so nice. I could spend it in a day, a million different ways.
I was never going to keep it... and both Scott and I knew it. I just liked saying I was rich and had some money in the bank... but unfortunately off it goes to the great university of arizona state.