skymama

My ass hurts

Eek! I actually had to have two over the summer as a "let's rule this out" sorta thing. They had me on Fleet. I was supposed to down two bottles in three hours I think? Don't remember. Ended up throwing up at least a full friggin bottle each time so had to down an additional one just to make sure the prep was still going to be good enough! :S:S That stuff is nasty. First time I figured I'd just down it and get it overwith. Nope, came back up. (That was also the night I was supposed to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter! B|) So the second time I figured I'd plug my nose and sip it, give it time to go down. Ran to Walmart before it "kicked in" for some things, and ended up throwing up that bottle in aisle 12. So had to go buy another bottle while I was there. Yuck. :S

~skysprite

yea, not as bad as what your going to go through tomorrow....

Wait, that's not supposed to be as bad because I get anesthesia, right? They better not have lied to me!

From what I have heard you'll feel a slight pressure.......In your throat >:( J/K

They will most likey dose you with some valium which will give you short term memory loss of the procedure.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I knew a girl who was in college to be an Occupational Therapist, and spent her summer breaks working as a nursing assistant in the local hospital. One of the duties she pulled one summer was to assist with colonoscopies. One day she walked into the room to see the patient she would be assisting was an old highschool classmate. The guy was so embarrassed she felt sorry for him. [:/]

You know the toughest part of studying for a colonoscopy test is all the cramming...Ooops! Sorry, poor choice of words.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Prepping for a colonoscopy makes for a really shitty day. Pun intended. :P

That drink is the absolute worst think I've ever had to put in my mouth. By the 11th glass, I would have rather been on Survivor eating bugs.

If this is TMI, that's just too damn bad. I can't have any chocolate or wine today, so I'm grouchy in addition to hurting from what I went through today. It was bad, very bad. :|

I would say something incredibly funny and insulting right now - but - I will jst let it go - THIS ONCE.

But you should heed Mikeforsythe.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I got it from both ends in the same session. The last thing I remember is telling the doc to use two different tubes.

Take my word for it...hold out for lots of Demerol.
:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm sorry, Andrea...I just can't get this image of you taking it up the ass out of my mind...I can't sleep. It kinda blurs the image I had of you up to this point.
[:/]

Let me iterate the Demerol statement.

Hope all is well in the end.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The last thing I remember is telling the doc to use two different tubes.

lol...good thinking!

I'm up and all I can think about is coffee. Now I know what crack addicts feel like! I'm chomping on a piece of sugar-free gum ( I hope that's allowed!), but it's not the same.

And, I only lost 2 pounds! >:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skymama- you're experiencing the hardest part right now. The fun part for me was the "recovery" room. I had mine done at an outpatient clinic which apparently does nothing on Wednesdays except colonoscopies. Upon waking from the sedation, I was told that as soon as I can umm... "break wind" :$ I'd be discharged. Apparently they "inflate" their patients for a better view. Well... imagine being in a room with perhaps a dozen others in the same situation. It was an iteration of the hallelujah chorus unlike any other, and as I recall, after one particularly shrill toot from across the room, I told the nurse "oooh, that one sounds like a virgin". Relax and enjoy, and I hope your results are as they should be.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

I hope they gave you Demerol and Verced.

That's what I had and it was great - didn't know a thing was happening.

My dr. asked me if I wanted to watch on the camera screen...I said "No thanks. Just knock me out, please!". He did:)
Hope all is well.

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Just remember (well, maybe you're NEVER that way, Skymama), this is one time when no one is full of crap..

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

All i keep thinking is..........What would Lee post as a response???? Im afraid to imagine:(

Hoping for the best for you..

Oh man, I can think of a few one-liners.... :D:D:D

Good luck Andrea, it shouldn't be as bad as you think. They are supposed to put you out before they go in you. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This hole (sp?) discussion reminds me of the constipated mathmetician......he worked his problem out with a pencil.

Hope you feel better soon.....although, in my opinion, you'll always be full of crap. :P

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I'm home now. Yesterday really was the worst of it!

I swear, that was the happiest doctor's office I've ever been to. Everyone was joking around. I guess you have to be upbeat, considering what you're doing every day.

The Anesthetist hooked me all up and told me he'd talk to me when the procedure was over. About 30 seconds later, I opened one eye and said, "it's not working". He just laughed...next thing I knew, they were telling me to wake up.

I was chatty as soon as I woke up. I passed gas like a good girl and was sent on my way pretty quickly. My first stop was a fast food restaurant. I never eat fast food, it was SO good!

Biopsies were done, but the doc didn't seem too concerned about those coming back with bad news. I wasn't given a total bill of clean health, but it's all manageable.

Thanks for the to concern, everyone! The hardest part now is going to be to follow the rules; making myself rest and not drink any wine or drive tonight. I bet I break at least one of those. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon