jshatzkin

Weird things that pets eat

So what crazy things does your pet like to eat?

Does a goldfish and a Betta fish count as pets? If not...I don't have a pet. [:/]
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

My beagle eats all sorts of weird things, like cat poo from the litter box, and chapstick, but the weirdest thing she's ever eaten was a condom (un-used). She must have gotten into the drawer where we kept them, because I found peices of the wrapper all over the house...but no condom....

Then the next day she pooped it out on my living room floor. It was the most disguisting thing I have ever seen. :|

my body, my choice

My dogs love mixed veggies. I get a big bag of the frozen ones and add them to their food for their AM and PM feedings. Carrots are their "after their morning walk" treat.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My beagle eats all sorts of weird things, like cat poo from the litter box, and chapstick, but the weirdest thing she's ever eaten was a condom (un-used). She must have gotten into the drawer where we kept them, because I found peices of the wrapper all over the house...but no condom....

Then the next day she pooped it out on my living room floor. It was the most disguisting thing I have ever seen. :|

That *could* have worked out well...it could've been pre-wrapped and ready for disposal!!

:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

My dog will eat my kitty's coughed-up hairball if I don't clean it up fast enough.[:/]

I don't have a weak stomach, but when I saw this occur, I most definitely almost lost my breakfast.:| It was a big one. And it's only now, several months later, I can even discuss it. :D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I don't think I've seen anything on this list that my dog wouldn't eat. And probably gobble down really fast so that I couldn't take it away from her.[grin]

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Condoms. Honest to God, I had a Chow Chow that ate used condoms. Not even the flavored kind, either. Of course we didn't feed them to him, but there was more than one occassion where he got ahold of one.

The funniest part was that condoms don't digest well (balloons don't either, BTW). It came most of the way out, then got stuck, so the dog's running around the yard with a condom hanging out it's butt. I can just imagine what the neighbors were thinking. :S

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

My cat likes to chew on pencil erasers and she loves to lick lotion and gel bottles. She'll also lick the kitchen cabinets if I don't feed her quickly enough. If you give her the chance, she'll lick your underarms or sweat on other parts of your body. She's really gross!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Horses drinking any beers within reach.... :D

My first horse, loved beer! We'd finish work for the day and the hands would grab a cold one. I'd pour a couple beers in a bucket and ol' Red, would flat git after it!:D This was after a good drink of water, too. He'd go nuts when he'd hear a top-pop!

Chuck

My first horse, loved beer! We'd finish work for the day and the hands would grab a cold one. I'd pour a couple beers in a bucket and ol' Red, would flat git after it!:D This was after a good drink of water, too. He'd go nuts when he'd hear a top-pop!

Chuck

Yup... this guy's a year older now, and you still can't leave a cup laying out around him!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The funniest part was that condoms don't digest well (balloons don't either, BTW). It came most of the way out, then got stuck, so the dog's running around the yard with a condom hanging out it's butt. I can just imagine what the neighbors were thinking.

:D:D:D

Even better that the SPCA didn't pay you a visit. As far as I know, there's no species limitations concerning harrassment. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Chuck

Yup... this guy's a year older now, and you still can't leave a cup laying out around him!!

That's really cool! A few years ago, some of us were going to ride in the 'Grand Entry' before the big rodeo. There was a hamburger stand near where we were lined-up waiting. The guy at the concession stand set a cheeseburger on the counter for a customer. One of the horses snatched-up that cheeseburger before you could blink! The rider, gladly paid for the cheeseburger but, it was the funniest damned thing I ever saw!

Chuck

My lab goes nuts over any sort of seafood, especially crab.

I used to have two greyhounds who would eat anything they could swallow. There was a grassy area where we'd walk them to do their business. One spring, after all the frozen poops had thawed and been washed with a heavy rain, the place looked like a museum display of twisted socks, Christmas tinsel, plastic wrappers, etc.

I've seen people take horses through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen... seen a horse grab a bag of Doritos off a picnic table and take off... haven't seen one eat a burger, though...

*although giving a horse cotton candy or peanut butter is friggin HILARIOUS!!!*
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've seen people take horses through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen... seen a horse grab a bag of Doritos off a picnic table and take off... haven't seen one eat a burger, though...

*although giving a horse cotton candy or peanut butter is friggin HILARIOUS!!!*

________________________-

That's funny!

Chuck

My Beagle ate a cow patty with something in it that made him very, very happy. I suspect shrooms, but who knows. He wanted to play for hours, but couldn't walk a straight line. Hilarious. After I got over being freaked out.

My cow dog likes to tenderize every critter he can catch, but he doesn't actually eat any of them.

--
Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.