Shell666

Someone was trying to get into my house!

Needless to say, I'm wide awake now.

And I'm REALLY thankful I have a dog.

It was me.
I was stalking you again.

I gotta get me some o' that!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Very funny. I'm in Canadia. No guns or ammo.

But we DO have hockey players.

I just don't have one here right now.

No, it's not funny, it's wrong. When I'm working late at night, my wife is not defenseless. I don't think any woman should be at the mercy of a random attacker. [:/]

One of the best techniques is to alert your neighbors.

I don't know my neighbors that well, but I always wave as I go by. When they are having a garage sale, I stop and chat. We are not great friends, but we are acquainted with what looks normal in the neighborhood.

I'd definitely let the neighbors know about the incident.
Even if it was just a flyer in the mailbox.

The front page of the local newspaper this week had an article about teenagers that were looking through mailboxes for checks.

A neighbor knew that it was suspicious. When they went into a carport, he strolled over and held them for the police. Apparently, they had been doing this for a while.

So I filed a report with the police today. They checked and there were no other reports of anything in my area last night.

I'll let my neighbours know what's up too. I live in a good neighbourhood and everyone is always looking out for one another.

Thanks for all your comments!

:)

'Shell

tsk, tsk, 'Shell... I gave you this link once already, but here it is again. Still available in leopard print too.
http://www.taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/C2.aspx

Of course this time of year you would have to nail the bugger in the eyeballs (because of the snowsuits), and you would have to learn to trigger the follow-up hits between Hercs throat tearing lunges so you didn't inconvenience the pup, but you've always had perfect timing so I don't see that as a problem.
Tell you what, if you buy the beer I'll even come over and let you practice on me till you get it right.

There's nothing like the comforting sound of a shotgun slide.

That is most definitely a sound recognized by the vast majority of people on earth. The reaction is invariably "Oh shit I just fkd up!" followed by running or a thump as the perp faints.

Not really true, perps don't give a shit, so lets's not spread false information.

Also if you are racking the slde, you did not have a round chambered and were therefore SOL.

the quickest draw in the world is the one in your hand, and never, EVER count on an unloaded weapon.

tsk, tsk, 'Shell... I gave you this link once already, but here it is again. Still available in leopard print too.
http://www.taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/C2.aspx

Of course this time of year you would have to nail the bugger in the eyeballs (because of the snowsuits), and you would have to learn to trigger the follow-up hits between Hercs throat tearing lunges so you didn't inconvenience the pup, but you've always had perfect timing so I don't see that as a problem.
Tell you what, if you buy the beer I'll even come over and let you practice on me till you get it right.

Sounds like a plan. ;);)
'Shell

You should still call the cops and see if they will at least drive by. If the guy is still in the area it might encourage him to go elsewhere.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

You should still call the cops and see if they will at least drive by. If the guy is still in the area it might encourage him to go elsewhere.

Already called them and they took my report.

Hopefully it was just someone at the wrong house and this will be the end of it.
'Shell

Hopefully it was just someone at the wrong house and this will be the end of it.

Cheers. If I were you I would be cooking up a huuuuuge steak for the doggy,
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Cheers. If I were you I would be cooking up a huuuuuge steak for the doggy,

Doggy got some treats after dinner today.

Some ribs and pasta and some of my apple pie with ice cream. He's laying on the floor right now not moving. And he's very happy. :)
'Shell

Was the guy just WALKING away or was he sneaking away?

If he was walking than it could be two scenarios.

1- he was at the wrong house with no ill content.

2- he was a SMART crook and knows how to aviod bringing attn to himself.

The Taser may be good if you HAVE to be that close to someone but um...If someone is IN my house I aim to kill them. (That may be why my friends don't come over.) All a Taser is going to do is open up a legal battle.
You can not legal tase some one and THEN kill them.:ph34r:

My photos

My Videos

Some ribs and pasta and some of my apple pie with ice cream. He's laying on the floor right now not moving. And he's very happy.

lol.... Hope He can be at the ready in the event (God forbid) this dude(s)........ awhhhhh nvrmnd!;)

Just glad that you filed the report at least... And that you ar good to go....

Just LISTEN to your soul Shell, it WILL tell you alot dearyB|B|

Was the guy just WALKING away or was he sneaking away?

If he was walking than it could be two scenarios.

1- he was at the wrong house with no ill content.

2- he was a SMART crook and knows how to aviod bringing attn to himself.

The Taser may be good if you HAVE to be that close to someone but um...If someone is IN my house I aim to kill them. (That may be why my friends don't come over.) All a Taser is going to do is open up a legal battle.
You can not legal tase some one and THEN kill them.:ph34r:

He was just walking away down the front walk. Got into a red SUV that was out front and drove away.

I'm thinking wrong house. Happens here every now and then when they're actually looking for a house a block over with the same number.
'Shell

You can not legal tase some one and THEN kill them

You know Tasers don't always work, clothing and other factors sometimes prevent a good connection. A Taser is a less lethal device to be used in less then lethal situations or in situations in which you have hard cover in case it does malfunction. If you are in a deadly force scenerio, then taking a less lethal option may be an option for you; however, take into consideration what may occur if your option does not work. Always have a plan B (which can include running for your safety if you so desire).

I have a personal plan of action if someone is in my house...There is a funny story about being woken up one morning a couple of years ago when I still rented by a repairman that had been given a key to my duplex without the management company telling me. What woke me up was the sound of my front door opening. It was 9am and I had been asleep for about 90 minutes after a full night shift. Needless to say we both called the management company with complaints after we figured out the details.:D

(Its funny now, but it was a serious situation at the time).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."