wildfan75

Weekend Numbers 2/29/08-3/2/08

Well, as all too often....0:0:0
But, I had a fun day any way. While I waited for the wind to die down (which it never did), there were a bunch of tandems. One woman wanted video, but the handi-cam battery wasn't charged and didn't seem to want to, so I offered to take pictures on the ground before and as she landed. That was only the second time I've tried photographing landings, but she was delighted with the pictures. I would really liked to have had a chance to be in the air, but it was pretty cool to be a part of her first jump. B|

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

:):0:0

still closed although we had beautiful weather this weekend. Glad someone got some jumps in! Looks like you are having fun.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:(:2::(

YAY! I'm finally back in the air... made two amazing jumps with my beautiful coach & friend Laticia! WOW! The tunnel time has really paid for itself! It was like I was never gone... and def not out for 11 months! My new rig is so beyond amazing!;)

0:1:0

Back in the air this weekend after a couple of months off... the plan was to do a 2-way but we had clouds move in and we ended up only getting 6k ft... so I did a longish delay hope and pop instead.

it was a fun jump and I remember once again why I jump out of airplanes... :)

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Well, given the wind forecast I was expecting a row of zeroes, and if we hadn't been team training I'd have stayed far from the dz. In fact on the drive over there were reports of bridges being closed and stuff.

But miraculously by Saturday afternoon the winds were within limits. We made six skydives altogether, which just goes to show, if you ain't at the dropzone - and pretty much nobody else was - you can't jump whatever happens.

Awhile back I posted something about "With this RIG, I thee wed" is better than "With this RING, I thee wed". Todd remembered that and when I ordered my new container back the end of November, he decided that when my new container came it would be the day he would ask.

We had already talked about the future and we picked the ring out together, so I knew he had the ring but the surprise was going to be when he asked. I was so focused on my rig that the thought of it being this weekend never crossed my mind.

He put the ring in the baggie of extras for my new container. I was so pumped about my rig that he had to keep telling me that I should check out all the stuff that came with it. At one point I even picked up the bag once, put it on the back counter and told him that I'll look at it later.

My house needs to sell, I need to move to Chippewa Falls and get a job, have us get settled and then we'll start to discuss dates and plans.

He did it on Friday, Leap Day. The joke was that he only had to remember the anniversary of the occasion every four years. We then started to joke that maybe we should wait to get married until 2/29/12 and then he would only have to remember our wedding anniversary every four years. So right now the date is 2/29/12.

So there's the story.

:)
Only managed one jump on the first load of the day Saturday and good thing since they turned the Otter back on the second load because of the winds and I could not hang around all day. This was my second sit fly jump and I held it down until 6,000 feet before going to belly and doing a few front and back flips. On my first sit fly jump I could not figure out how to turn [:/] asked around before this jump and did a few 360s in my sit this time! Had some nasty line twists on opening that took some work to get out but they did eventually come out. Next time I'll use those last 2,000 feet to slow down instead of screwing around. I always pull at 4,000.

0:3:0

After the clouds broke up on Saturday, it was a beautiful day for kamikaze skydiving ie wow I sucked on the first jump. I'm a firm believer that people take me on dives to make themselves feel better. :S

Can't wait for next weekend...

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity