Icon134

Weekend Numbers (31May-1June 08)

My first tandem solo and first tandem with Valinda in 10 months. I think I was more nervous that she was :P

next time I see you guys beers on me :)

Ahhh, beers. Sounds great. It was fun having you come up and jump with us. Yep, Valinda is pretty calm on the front. She's done it for a lot of folks.

I got 6 jumps: 3 tandems, 1 AFF-1, a nice little 5 way, and a funneled hybrid. :S:D Oh well, at least the guy hit me and not Vskydiver right next to me. I don't break very easily. :)

1:8:2

Great weekend, jumped my own rig for the first time on Saturday and my first 3-way on Sunday!

I showed up at the DZ on Saturday filled with fear, dread, and apprehension. I hadn't jumped in 3 weeks (by far my longest time off), was jumping my own rig for the first time...and the memory of my god-awful-landing my last jump 3 weeks earlier still haunted me.

I didn't even intend to jump on Saturday but after I picked my rig up at the loft I went back home and stared at it feeling terrified of jumping it...I knew I had to get it over with!

Turns out my rig feels great and flys even better...and I got an awesome deal on it.....thanks to all the cool people at Elsinore

Did 2 jumps on Saturday & 6 on Sunday....didnt even leave the DZ last night till after 10pm....had an awesome weekend jumping!

cya,
Steve

8 hours helping friends move on Sunday: 0:0

Winded out Saturday,m Sunday was spent trying to get a 3 bedroom house to fit into a 10*10 storage unit for 3 years. It was an exercise in spatial puzzles - we'll leave it at that.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

2 landings in a jump plane:5:0

Had to ride a slow climbing (and slow descending) plane down twice in a row after getting called down after climbing about 10,000 feet. First time the whole load landed with the plane due to high wind gusts. Winds were dead by the time we landed. Second time, only the students were called back down, but I was doing a coach jump so I rode down too. Winds were dead again by the time we landed... but it was still a good call. Student never got to jump after that... at least he got one in earlier.

Then we did a nice 9-way formation load with a 206 and 182. Got 2 points (all that we planned)... great jump. Ended the day with a couple tandems. First from the back and then switched places with my passenger for the second. :)
Dave

:)
7 wingsuit jumps, 2 freefly, 1 tandem in Davis.

Beer owed for my first save and second cutaway. I packed the reserve (but not the main) of flygirl1's Vector 3 and was using it on a Vampire 1 wingsuit jump. It was my first wingsuit jump in 9 months so I may have gotten a bit sloppy at pull time. I deployed the Sabre2 170 loaded at 1.5 around 3,000ft, opened into a bunch of line twists, unzipped the arms of my wingsuit, started spinning wildly on my back, fought it for a long time making no progress, skyhook cutaway and had a beautiful reserve opening and in the saddle at 950ft. Kept my handles, freebag stayed attached to the main, got the booties off my wingsuit, and had a great landing in a nearby field on the PD Reserve 160.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

:o:8:3

1st headdown = 1 beer
1st attempt @ freeflying or should we say free flailing = 1beer
1st skydive trip without my hubby = 1 beer

A very special thanks to all of those at elsinore that made my trip worth it! Was glad to get home.

saturday got 5 jumps in back at home- it was a day of jumping with the ladies at westplains. Also did a big bear hug jump, a horny gorilla that was a big old shit show, and doc came home a day early to play with me in the sky:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Beer owed for my first save and second cutaway ... and had a great landing in a nearby field on the PD Reserve 160.

So, did you swoop your reserve? ;)

f' yeah:1:0.

It was windy in Byron, something like 22 gusting to 30. At least it wasn't 0 gusting to 30. One freefly jump with Q and Marcel that I flew like a tardbot on.

B| 3 - 0

:o:8:3

1st headdown = 1 beer
1st attempt @ freeflying or should we say free flailing = 1beer
1st skydive trip without my hubby = 1 beer

A very special thanks to all of those at elsinore that made my trip worth it! Was glad to get home.

saturday got 5 jumps in back at home- it was a day of jumping with the ladies at westplains. Also did a big bear hug jump, a horny gorilla that was a big old shit show, and doc came home a day early to play with me in the sky:P

Yep - lady, definitely to play with you - oh did we play in the sky too??????

Had to quit diving, spearfishing, farting and telling lies with the boys a day early to see you :)
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

;):4:1

1@ coach jump
1@ fun three way with solid and Karen Coye
1@ 7 way shit show bear hug thingy :D
1@ First real tandem student (what a rush)

Thanks Todak, Valinda, John for all your support while getting my rating!!! Couldn't have done it with out you!!:)
Thanks Valinda, Todak, Erin, Cindy, Kara, Tod.;) For being brave enough to fly with me.
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Kiss passes for the newbie (It wasnt My idea.. REALLY.. Mic started it.:P)

I did start it. :)My 1st jump of the day was a Cessna load so the Otter pilot could make a jump. I gave him a kiss pass, too. :)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

:)
7 wingsuit jumps, 2 freefly, 1 tandem in Davis.

Beer owed for my first save and second cutaway. I packed the reserve (but not the main) of flygirl1's Vector 3 and was using it on a Vampire 1 wingsuit jump. It was my first wingsuit jump in 9 months so I may have gotten a bit sloppy at pull time. I deployed the Sabre2 170 loaded at 1.5 around 3,000ft, opened into a bunch of line twists, unzipped the arms of my wingsuit, started spinning wildly on my back, fought it for a long time making no progress, skyhook cutaway and had a beautiful reserve opening and in the saddle at 950ft. Kept my handles, freebag stayed attached to the main, got the booties off my wingsuit, and had a great landing in a nearby field on the PD Reserve 160.

You just wanted to try out my skyhook didn't you;)

Good job saving your own ass. Both with the cutaway and pack job. I'm glad it was you and not me he he J/K:D
Fly like a girl

Congrats Rosie, I think you'll become a good TI. B| Now bring that case of (GOOD!) beer out Friday night. Lang Cherry Porter is mighty tasty. ;) Also, tandems are showing at 7:30 AM Saturday, you get to shadow me, Noe, and Bill training each of the groups, and you have 6 tandem students and at least a couple packjobs awaiting you in addition to helping whoever else needs radio, coach jumps, etc. :) Welcome to the chaos. I figure you'll be punch drunk by the end of your 3rd beer Saturday night. >:(:ph34r:

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Congrats Rosie, I think you'll become a good TI. B| Now bring that case of (GOOD!) beer out Friday night. Lang Cherry Porter is mighty tasty. ;) Also, tandems are showing at 7:30 AM Saturday, you get to shadow me, Noe, and Bill training each of the groups, and you have 6 tandem students and at least a couple packjobs awaiting you in addition to helping whoever else needs radio, coach jumps, etc. :) Welcome to the chaos. I figure you'll be punch drunk by the end of your 3rd beer Saturday night. >:(:ph34r:

Blues,
Dave

What you talking about Willis, Pack jobs on a tandem rig. Do I need to tip the packers more??;);)
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!