BaronVonBoll

military jumps V.S. Rec jumps

I have had a couple of emails asking me about Military jumps. Well Her is the difference as far as my limited knowledge of both goes. Military jumps are designed to get a weapon (the soldier) to the ground as quickly as possible and able to continue on. A rec jump is designed for enjoyment and should last as long as posible. Equipment. The Military chute has a glide ratio of one foot of glide for every five feet of drop. were as these recreational chute have more glide than drop depending on the specific equipment. Exit altitude. On a military drop the drop exit is anywhere from 1000 down to three hundred feet. Nuff said. Incidentaly i dont think any rec jumpers also jump with 50-100 pounds of equipment. They might who knows. Number pf people on plane From a C141 each drop pass can have 100 to 200 exiting the plane in a few moments. I dont know about any rec jumps like that I can imaginee the confusion though.

Any way those are some differences other former soldiers and Marines might have some other input

Whatr's an An-2? :)

a truly gothic aircraft, which you can maintain your hairstyle upon exiting. and we all know looking cool up there is top priority :D

the 3 seashells ??? man, i havent heard that one in a while. arent they to wipe your ass or something??
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

What is this military jumping you speak of? Is it something new fangled?:D

It is a new way to get troops to the front while using much more fuel. But I suspect it is far to complicated to explain to a mere moderator.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

What is this military jumping you speak of? Is it something new fangled?:D

It is a new way to get troops to the front while using much more fuel. But I suspect it is far to complicated to explain to a mere moderator.:P

Sparky
i thought it was a way to get military medics field practice in limb immobilisation and fracture management :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

What is this military jumping you speak of? Is it something new fangled?

It is a new way to get troops to the front while using much more fuel. But I suspect it is far to complicated to explain to a mere moderator.

i thought it was a way to get military medics field practice in limb immobilisation and fracture management

no no, its so the others guys get some really good target practice. :D
Fly it like you stole it

In Reply To

In Reply To

What is this military jumping you speak of? Is it something new fangled?

It is a new way to get troops to the front while using much more fuel. But I suspect it is far to complicated to explain to a mere moderator.

i thought it was a way to get military medics field practice in limb immobilisation and fracture management

no no, its so the others guys get some really good target practice. :D

Hit the swinging monkey and win a cupie doll!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~