mamajumps

I PASSED!

Congrats! That test's a bitch!

I got mine about 2 months ago, and I thought it was more nerve-wracking than any test I took in the course of earning a bachelor of mechanical engineering degree.

Hope you get out in the field soon, it can be tough... we have the same hiring freezes going on in AZ right now, so I said to hell with it and got a job as a tech/CNA in a hospital.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Keep up the ride-alongs even if you can't get a paying gig right away. Not sure where exactly you are in Florida, but when I was in Gainesville both the fire dept. and the life flight from the hospital allowed ride alongs. I was able to do so as a first responder and plan on doing the same thing when I complete my emt training (and hopefully pass my own NREMT) a few months from now.
Killing threads since 2004.

Keep up the ride-alongs even if you can't get a paying gig right away. Not sure where exactly you are in Florida, but when I was in Gainesville both the fire dept. and the life flight from the hospital allowed ride alongs. I was able to do so as a first responder and plan on doing the same thing when I complete my emt training (and hopefully pass my own NREMT) a few months from now.

As soon as my NREMT certificate comes in, I will be joing the county Auxillary, that allows you to ride as much as you want and also gets your foot in the door to get hired on with the county. I love riding, helping people truly makes me feel good. Since you are in EMT school, I have a good suggestion, I dont know if your school required for you to get the book called "EMT Success" or not, but get that book. It comes with CD that has practice exams on it that are nearly a mirror image of the NREMT exam. That book was the biggest factor I think in passing the NREMT. Good luck!;)

Your enthusiasm really is refreshing:)The large private company I work for has a pretty big, busy EMT "academy". Seems to attract lots of strong young ego's and attitudes.

Refreshing. You will definately be a blessing to whatever community you serve:)

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Your enthusiasm really is refreshing:)The large private company I work for has a pretty big, busy EMT "academy". Seems to attract lots of strong young ego's and attitudes.

She just needs to start lifting weights - ALOT - so that she can carry her kit around w/o getting out of breath.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

She just needs to start lifting weights - ALOT - so that she can carry her kit around w/o getting out of breath.:D

Ok ass hat... keep on....:P;)