banesanura

Good Deed

;) Great reply & Great Thread, I thank her for starting it. :)In his beat up pontiac
When a sweet old lady flagged him down,
Her mercedes had a flat
He could see that she was frightened,
Standing out there in the snow
'til he said i'm here to help you ma'am,
By the way my name is joe
She said i'm from st. louis,
And i'm only passing through
I must have seen a hundred cars go by,
This is awful nice of you
When he changed the tire,
And closed her trunk
And was about to drive away,
She said how much do i owe you
Here's what he had to say
You don't owe me a thing, i've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Just the way i'm helping you
If you really want to pay me back,
Here's what you do
Don't let the chain of love end with you
Well a few miles down the road,
The lady saw a small cafe
She went in to grab a bite to eat,
And then be on her way
But she couldn't help but notice,
How the waitress smiled so sweet
And how she must've been eight months along,
And dead on her feet
And though she didn't know her story,
And she probably never will
When the waitress went to get her change,
From a hundred dollar bill
The lady slipped right out the door,
And on a napkin left a note
There were tears in the waitress's eyes,
When she read what she wrote;
You don't owe me a thing,
I've been there too
& Someone once helped me out,
Here's what you do
That night when she got home from work,
The waitress climbed into bed
She was thinkin' about the good deed,
And what the lady's note had said
As her husband lay there sleeping,
She whispered soft and low
Everything's gonna be alright, i love you, joe
This songs been around for well over 10 years now. And I still get emotional & choked-up, every time I hear it. This great thread made pull it from my cd collection & play it again. B|:)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

;) Great reply & Great Thread, I thank her for starting it. :)In his beat up pontiac
When a sweet old lady flagged him down,
Her mercedes had a flat
He could see that she was frightened,
Standing out there in the snow
'til he said i'm here to help you ma'am,
By the way my name is joe

She said i'm from st. louis,
And i'm only passing through
I must have seen a hundred cars go by,
This is awful nice of you
When he changed the tire,
And closed her trunk
And was about to drive away,
She said how much do i owe you
Here's what he had to say

You don't owe me a thing, i've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Here's what you do

Well a few miles down the road,
The lady saw a small cafe
She went in to grab a bite to eat,
And then be on her way
But she couldn't help but notice,
How the waitress smiled so sweet
And how she must've been eight months along,
And dead on her feet

And though she didn't know her story,
And she probably never will
When the waitress went to get her change,
From a hundred dollar bill
The lady slipped right out the door,
And on a napkin left a note
There were tears in the waitress's eyes,
When she read what she wrote;

You don't owe me a thing,
I've been there too
& Someone once helped me out,
Here's what you do

That night when she got home from work,
The waitress climbed into bed
She was thinkin' about the good deed,
And what the lady's note had said
As her husband lay there sleeping,
She whispered soft and low
Everything's gonna be alright, i love you, joe

This songs been around for well over 10 years now. And I still get emotional & choked-up, every time I hear it. This great thread made pull it from my cd collection & play it again. B|:)

I LOVE that song too! Just reading the lyrics choke me up! Thanks for posting that, if the whole lived like that, the world would be such a better place;)

*** I LOVE that song too! Just reading the lyrics choke me up! Thanks for posting that, if the whole lived like that, the world would be such a better place . *** Agreed ! :) Yea, me too. You should've seen my pathetic ass trying to type it in the post. :D As for sharing it here in the post, it was my pleasure. Blue skies! & Congrats just saw other thread: I passed! :)

It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Wow, there are some catty ass people in this thread.

I wonder how many catty responses this would have engendered from the women if she were not young and hot.

Just as I wonder how much more catty the responses from the men would have been had it been a guy posting.

No particular point, just something I've wondered about a lot on dz.com.......when a woman is hot enough, the men will overlook any behavior and the women will condemn all behavior. (Guess I should insert MANY before the "men" and "women" in that sentence).

No particular point, just something I've wondered about a lot on dz.com.......when a woman is hot enough, the men will overlook any behavior and the women will condemn all behavior. (Guess I should insert MANY before the "men" and "women" in that sentence).

Can you post a picture, please? So that we will know whether to condemn your behavior or not.

:P

(And seriously, I have not made the same observation that you have.)

**shrug**

Let's just say I spend a lot more time reading than posting.

And I am not hot enough to get away with the crap that some do, nor to inspire jealousy from the insecure group.

Oh, and I also don't care at all whether or not someone on the internet "likes" me. :D:D

Wow, there are some catty ass people in this thread.

Well you should be able to spot them:D:D:D

I find it odd the amount of people who come onto these forums and feel the need to tell the world about how they did something good for someone.
It might just be a Yank thing, as i dont see it in other forums that i visit as those are not populated by a majority of USofA folks.

But here in OZ as a rule we dont go around telling people about the "Good Deeds" we do.

It's just odd:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Let's just say I spend a lot more time reading than posting.

Yeah, me too. I guess we just perceive things differently.

And I am not hot enough to get away with the crap that some do, nor to inspire jealousy from the insecure group.

What kind of crap do the "hot" people get away with that others don't?

there's loads of stuff posted that is tollerated that would not be accepted had it been posted by certain other people.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

there's loads of stuff posted that is tollerated that would not be accepted had it been posted by certain other people.

...not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good going, and thanks... we need more kind hearts like you ....

Yes, many good deeds, but as the story goes, don't let your left hand know what your right hand did ....

Thanks from all of us
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Umbrellas are useless in downtown Chicago more often than not. He would have been better off with a towel, a jacket or a sandwich if he was truly homeless. Your umbrella is probably already in a trash can.

Yeah - maybe she should have shot him instead, and saved everyone a lot of unneccessary inconvenience.

Good for you. Not only did you make yourself feel good but, at least momentarily, brightened his day. Encouraging others to "pay it forward" is nice. Hope you continue to do so.
The strong can always afford to be gentle, It is only the weak who need to "give as good as they get."

So, are you calling Squeak an ugly fat chick? He agreed that good deeds should just be done and not bragged about. I'm also in agreement with that. If one is saying "look at me, look at me" after they've done a good deed, did they really do it unselfishly for the other person or did they do it to feel better about themselves or to try to impress others?

Just my thoughts as an ugly, fat chick. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK, but that doesn't answer my question.

So, are you calling Squeak an ugly fat chick? He agreed that good deeds should just be done and not bragged about. I'm also in agreement with that. If one is saying "look at me, look at me" after they've done a good deed, did they really do it unselfishly for the other person or did they do it to feel better about themselves or to try to impress others?

Ditto from another ugly, fat chick:D

If I can get FutureDivot to stand between you two~
....would that make an Ugly-Fat, Oreo Cookie? :);)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:D:ph34r::D:ph34r:Bring your camera!!

That would make him one ugly fat LUCKY bastard. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

OK, I give up! She's Mother Theresa (in leather and with a whip of course........:P)

So, heh, you gave up on bashing her, but then had to get one more dig in and went all the way to what you consider the other extreme . . .

Please, tell us how you really feel.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK, I give up! She's Mother Theresa (in leather and with a whip of course........:P)

So, heh, you gave up on bashing her, but then had to get one more dig in and went all the way to what you consider the other extreme . . .

Looks like Daisy has a knight in shining armour. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

These good deeds and selfless actions, that people talk about do often inspire others to try their own good deeds. I don't see the harm in that.

I completely agree with that. I’m no stranger to making “all about me” posts, and I’m sure I’m a strong contender for being one of the louder posters about my good deeds (how many JFTC posts did I make?) Do the ends justify the means? What’s a little self-absorption if it benefits people? People can always choose not to listen/read/etc.

We are all guilty of self-advertisement, and I don’t think that’s what people have a problem with. I think it’s when that seems to be the sole purpose of this strange, dysfunctional community to some. I have been and can be loud/obnoxious/self-absorbed online, but that is and how I have been in person as well. I have used this community to learn more about and stay connected to my favorite sport. Even people that I have heated arguments with online, I have met up with and chatted with in person. When someone makes getting attention their sole priority for this site, they shouldn’t be shocked when they get it, good and bad.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Looks like Daisy has a knight in shining armour. :)

I don't know about shining but some kind of armour:ph34r: *WHOOSH!*:D