voludo

tough decision: would you give up skydiving, to..

be with the person you truly love?

- no, there's absolutely no chance to skydive where she lives.
- no, you can't just move somewhere else with her.
- no, if you decide to go there, you're not likely to make enough cash to fly to Eloy/Perris/Empuria twice a year
- no, there aren't even BASE spots close by that you know of

so, what would you do?

Then the real question is would you be happy living with her and not skydiving at all? If you would be unhappy living that way then you should not give up skydiving to be with her. The relationship would not last if one person is unhappy all of the time.

She wants you to give up your life so that she can keep her life ...

well.. some people are more rooted than others. I'm not worrying about my life. Just skydiving. but hell.. I've hardly been doing anything else in my free time, lately.

Then, there's the obvious - start a dropzone there.

two problems: the city's about 12000 ft above sea level. and how does that old saying go.. "if you want to make a million with a dropzone.."

If its 'true love' as you stated of course. like shropshire stated there's more to life than just skydiving. Besides that it (the not skydiving part) wouldn't necessarily be long term or permanent.
The dzs & the sport will always be there & available. Should you pass up on your 'true love', that won't be the case should you later realize, passing by the chance to share a lifetime with her, for a temporary 'leave of absence' from the sport was a mistake.
Can you live with that regret forever if she truly is 'the one'?
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Interesting group of people to ask, the majority of the people here stated they haven't jumped in over a week. Many of those haven't jumped in over a year.

So they have given up skydiving for something they thought more important (or for health reasons).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think I'd look into starting a skydiving club (not a for-profit DZ) at a nearby airport.

What you need to ask yourself, since you're in an either-or position, is what makes you happier: being with her, or skydiving. Personally, I'd choose love, since the sky isn't going anywhere, and she might.

My SO and I both skydived (he has 18 years, and I have 8 years in the sport). Since we've been together we've found so many other things to keep us busy and entertained - skydiving is great, but it's not the only thing in the world.

Find something that you both can enjoy in the same location. You will still have the ability to travel, you will still have the ability to jump - just not as often. Instead you get to find the pleasures of exploring life with someone you love.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Life is short, do what ever makes you happiest, the longest. You can always change your mind later if you want. We aren't running out of skydives.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Probably, but a person who truly loves me wouldn't ask me to.

Blues,
Dave

I know what you're saying, but I don't think it's that simple. You could just as easily turn it around and say the same for HER. A non-skydiver could easily say that a person who truly loved her wouldn't ask her to give up her roots and the proximity of her family so they could live somewhere else just to pursue a sport--particularly if skydiving is not their career/means of financial support.
TPM Sister #102

If you do, you'll later regret not being able to skydive. And that will start eating away at your relationship, resulting in dissatisfaction. Then she would no longer be the person that you "truly love". Next thing you know you're getting a divorce, and she's taking you for all the money you've got. And now you can't even afford to buy a new skydiving rig, even though you want one.

Screw all that. Just keep on skydiving.