skittles_of_SDC

Florida cops...

Florida cops are practically nazis! I got a ticket once for doing 42 in a 40 zone, but it wasn't on the freeway. On the freeway do 5 over and you'll be fine. Anything over that could get you i trouble.
You only live once, but If you live like I did once is enough.

Or you just go the speed limit and not end up a burden to society.

I work for the VA now so not a lot of ER work but when I worked at BAMC at Ft Sam Houston, TX most of the motorist involved in accidents were either speeding themselves or hit by a speeder.
It’s basic physics. Force = Mass X Acceleration. Cars are fucking massive. It doesn't take much acceleration to get a ridiculous amount of force.
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.

All the Florida cops I have met/known are assholes, with only one exception

***By "met/known" do mean "gave you a ticket"? It's hard to like someone that is correcting your naughty behavior. I know lots of cops, most are good guys, some aren't, just like the rest of society. Maybe if we quit playing us versus them, things would be better.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

They usually have extra cops on the roads during holiday sesaon, particularly on the main interstates I-75, I-4 and I-95.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have been driving 80-90mph everyday and that seems to be the flow of traffic. One day driving to work there was a cop right behind me and all i thought was "Dammit I dont want a ticket." I did not get pulled over. From what I was told by a few people here is as long as you are keeping up with the flow of traffic and not zig zagging thru- traffic you wont get pulled over going 80 ish.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

as in anywhere, if you are going more than 10 over the speed limit, then you are asking for it.

If you are the fastest car on the road, REGARDLESS of the speed limit, then you are a target.

So don't be the fastest car on the road, they will always bust the other guy and don't go more than 10 over the limit.

Right now, on Chancey Road near Skydive City, they lowered the limit from 50 or 55 to 45 and they are out almost daily busting people, so pay attention.

TK's $0.02 worth

I got a ticket once for doing 42 in a 40 zone, but it wasn't on the freeway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a real hard time believing this. When you go to the DMV in Florida there is usually a schedule of infraction prices mounted on the wall somewhere conspicuous.

1 to 4 miles over the speed limit is not a ticketable offense, it is only warnable.
My speedometer could well be off by that small margin from the factory.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Explain a good reason why you think you should be traveling 30mph over. Also list all the professional driving training you have received that makes you capable of handling a vehicle at 30mph over on the highway (which would make your speed 100mph).

Chances are you'll end up just like the other dead bodies I've had to cut out of cars. Thanks a lot asshole, I'm glad you enjoyed being an idiot and going 30mph over the limit. I hope you have good insurance to pay out to the family you just wrecked out into, killing their mother and their only son.

This has to be, by and far, one of the best examples of being a complete self centered asshole I've seen in Bonfire in a long damned time. You must only be 18-21yrs old if you think that traveling 100mph on the high way is either safe or a good thing to do.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Explain a good reason why you think you should be traveling 30mph over. Also list all the professional driving training you have received that makes you capable of handling a vehicle at 30mph over on the highway (which would make your speed 100mph).

Chances are you'll end up just like the other dead bodies I've had to cut out of cars. Thanks a lot asshole, I'm glad you enjoyed being an idiot and going 30mph over the limit. I hope you have good insurance to pay out to the family you just wrecked out into, killing their mother and their only son.

This has to be, by and far, one of the best examples of being a complete self centered asshole I've seen in Bonfire in a long damned time. You must only be 18-21yrs old if you think that traveling 100mph on the high way is either safe or a good thing to do.

But, but...I've got MAD SKILLZ.

But, but...I've got MAD SKILLZ.

Yup. So did the last college student that I pulled out of the front porch of a house (that he collapsed) when he was going too fast on his sport bike doing a wheelie and high sided when he set it down. His head exploded off the curb on the way by.

The college kid in the GMC sierra had mad skillz too. He was going about 100mph on a 60mph FM road (which is a big 4-lane road with big shoulders). His truck rolled about 12 times, he was ejected and he hit a light pole on the way by before he came to a stop then his truck rolled over him. Luckily he didn't take anyone else out with him.

The other college kid going about 100mph in his truck that rear ended another car on the same road as above. That killed the passenger when the right rear strut actually made it completely through the passenger compartment of the car and struck her in the head. Too bad he couldn't be there that night after I got the accident scene cleaned up and went to tell her family that she was dead.

The list could go on, if the MAD SKILLZ college kid skydiver would like me to. Then again, he'll probably just blow me off and end up with a big speeding ticket if he's lucky. Then he'll be back on here bitching about cops that do speed enforcement because they're tired of cutting dead bodies out of cars.

Yup, he need to be traveling 30mph over the limit on the highway!

Maybe while he's in Florida he can demo a Velo 79 too? I mean, he does have mad skills.

Oh, on a side note, in regards to radar/laser detectors. If the officer operating the radar or lidar is competent, when it goes off its your indicator to pull over and receive your ticket.

Yup, he need to be traveling 30mph over the limit on the highway!

Maybe while he's in Florida he can demo a Velo 79 too? I mean, he does have mad skills.

Oh, on a side note, in regards to radar/laser detectors. If the officer operating the radar or lidar is competent, when it goes off its your indicator to pull over and receive your ticket.

You don't have to give examples to me Dave.
5 years behind the wheel and in the back of an ambulance and enough time in a trauma bay to know what happens to everyone without proper training and respect for what they are doing.

And then, even the people that actually have a clue are unlucky sometimes and physics is just as unforgiving.

And then, even the people that actually have a clue are unlucky sometimes and physics is just as unforgiving.

Yup, that's very true as well. You also don't know what you're going to find on an open roadway, too! I have a fun story about driving my old truck to Big Bend and showing Morgan how to do a HARD evasive lane change without loosing control or rolling the vehicle when we popped over a hill and found two deer in our lane. I will say its easy to make a Crown Vic do that move then a '98 Z71 with large mud tires.:D

--Concerned sheepdog

People are sheep, sheepdogs or wolves. 99% of people are sheep and go about their business. Half a percent are sheepdogs. They cannot sit by as they know the wolf is out their waiting. The sheep do not like the sheepdog as the sheepdog looks like a wolf with sharp teeth and claws. The sheep do not like the sheepdog as it also reminds them of the existence of the wolf. The other half percent are the wolves which prey on the sheep. Now in this instance the wolf is acutally coming from within the sheep. But the response to the sheepdog is the same. They don't want to hear about the existence of the wolf. They would rather just go "baa".

But Dave, remember we chose to be sheepdogs. We should not be surprised by the sheeps response due to my above explanation. But we must care about them as that is what we've chosen to do in our own ways. You my friend have a front row seat on an ugly part of society that most of us just say "baa" about.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

They usually have extra cops on the roads during holiday sesaon, particularly on the main interstates I-75, I-4 and I-95.

Wonderful... :|
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

As you know a lot of people take offense to that speech that was given. Then again, the ones that typically take offense have never been in the sheepdog role of life, be it military, LE or similar.

As shown in this thread, people don't think outside of their specific life in regards to actions. People's actions, even if that person thinks nothing of it, can and do have dramatic and sometimes tragic results. A single bad choice or a series of bad choices. Speeding, even just a few miles over the speed limit, and talking on a cell phone has resulted in a significant number of accidents. Those accidents have at times resulted in injuries. Speeding in an of its self creates a danger. I've seen pedestrians and bicyclists struck due to people rolling stop signs, not coming to a complete stop and consciously clearing the intersection...well, once again, the list could continue well into the night.

I'm with Dave on this one (he gave me pep talks on here too [and I appreciate them!]) There's just no good reason for excessive speeding.

I used to drive aggressively also; who hasn't at 1 time or another. My problem was I did it for a lot of years. However, you either, A), grow out of it, or B), learn the somewhat hard way... Ironically I had 2 accidents, when I wasn't speeding or anything...and all I can say is once you see the damage 1 vehicle can cause to another it cures you real quick.

I'll admit that it's still somewhat tempting every now and then on the expressway, but it is at that point that I find a semi to get behind. I now wont go more than 10, at times 15 over the limit, and would consider myself a conservative driver.

Edited for grammatical errors.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of