skittles_of_SDC

Florida cops...

In urban areas the speed limit is 55. Although, the statewide interstate speed limit is 65. It doesn't really matter if you're breaking the law you should be prepared to take the consequenses. The signs don't read "Speed Limit 65, but 85 is okay if you're in a hurry". I love peoples attitudes. "That guy raped my dog, he should go to jail". "But speed limits and stop signs aren't real laws I should be able to ignore them if I want to". Or until I kill someone.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I think some of you are taking this tad too seriously; we all know that although the sign reads "55", or "65", everyone does about 80 - that's the socially accepted norm - end of story.

If 1 person on here can honestly tell me they consistently drive the posted speed limit.....I'll, I'll.......I'll give ya a cookie! :D

On a serious note though - cars are dangerous in the most unsuspecting situations; you don't have to be speeding to kill someone.

Keep a keen eye on your surroundings, watch your mirrors...and all will be well. :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Its no problem, people try to push my buttons all the time but it doesn't bother me. If it upset me, then I would have serious problems.:)

DAMN. I'm gonna have to double my efforts. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Its no problem, people try to push my buttons all the time but it doesn't bother me. If it upset me, then I would have serious problems.:)

DAMN. I'm gonna have to double my efforts. :P

:D:D Thats what I'm thinking.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Damn! Now I feel like a total failure.
[:/]

I need Dr. Phil or cookies, one or the other.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Here in IL a lot of the the highways have a speed limit of 55. 55+20=75 55+30=85 (not 100). Around here 75-80 seems to be the normal flow of traffic. Even the slow lane does at least 65. Sorry, I thought I put all this in my first post.

The Chicago area expressways (technical limit = 55) do not appear to be policed at all. Outside of rush hour the normal traffic speed = 70. If you drive 55 or 85 you are a danger to yourself and everyone else. Safest thing is to go with the flow and minimize your speed difference from the rest of the traffic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.