jephprospect

Funniest things Wuffo's have said/asked you

Someone asked me today if bugs hit me while in freefall. I thought it was pretty funny. I guess it could be possible but nothing i ever thought of and the image of a bug splatting on my goggles just cracks me up. The funniest thing I've heard so far is when my mom was watching my AFF video she asked if I flew the plane as well. I told her to think about what she just said and laughed.

Anyone got any good ones?

Heeeyyyy!!! I was legimately concerned about skydiver-bird collisions and did ask about it on my first jump. Birds hit planes all the time and people get killed. I was concerned about taking a crow to the forehead. It's a legitimate question...

:S

If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Heeeyyyy!!! I was legimately concerned about skydiver-bird collisions and did ask about it on my first jump. Birds hit planes all the time and people get killed. I was concerned about taking a crow to the forehead. It's a legitimate question...

There have been bird-skydiver collisions... nobody won.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Many times I have been asked if I am very religious after stating that I jump on the weekends. As long as I can remember I always replied: Sure I am, I get closer to God every time I get in the airplane." Most of the time I get a small laugh but pretty much the last time I said it there was this little girl, probably about 8 years old standing in the group. She looked up to me and said: " Maybe so, but he keeps sending you back!"
I was a bit stunned, not sure to laugh or what, ultimately I laughed and thought to myself: it took about 15 years and an 8 yo to finally respond to my religious statement.

Always thought that was amusing.

I guess it could be possible but nothing i ever thought of and the image of a bug splatting on my goggles just cracks me up.

I'll just add what my instructor said to me when I got down from a jump and claimed that I'd hit alot of bugs in freefall (goggles were smeared). He just smiled and said "Bugs don't fly that high"! :o:D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

last sunday I fell past a gull (less than 15ft). Very Scary

EDITED TO ADD a graphic explanation
pfeffe.over-blog.com/article-24387054-6.html#comment33122408
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

My personal favorite: one of our tandem instructors shared this with us. He was on the ground with his PAX waiting their turn to jump. The person he was taking up was watching another tandem come down and exclaimed, "Look! They're throwing confetti!" If puke is confetti, she was spot on.

Does it hurt when your parachute pulls you upward?

That's a classic comment...

Another classic "but if the first canopy doesn't work and then the second one fails to, what happens then?"....
My usual answer is: then "I'm going to die with a big splatter and the resque team will have to use a mop to clean up my mess".... I know it's a stupid thing to say but when you get this same question for the 1000'nd time then the answer isn't going to be any better....
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

ive had 2 funny ones that come to mind..

1) while briefing a tandem group, I was to be the videographer for one person, and the other person was also getting video, so the lady who im NOT going with asks me

"So, we are on the same plane, and your gona film us both right?"

rsponce "No mame, gravity will not allow me to leave the airplane with your daughter film her skydive till they open and come back up to the plane to film your skydive."

2. In Yuma AZ after a day of training a guy asks me "So if you open your parachute and you realize that the wind is pushing you back to far away from your landing area, can you pull your parachute back in, go back into freefall till you get closer to the ground therefor eleminating the wind and have a better chance at landing in your area?"

Response......I was speachless
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I've more than once had someone ask how the plane is keeping up with me when showing them video of a skydive.
:|:|

I love to dish it out as well though. I've more than once talked about falling through rain and exclaim how it stings. They always ask why it stings. It's almost priceless when you come back to them with, well we are hitting the pointy side of the drop so I guess that is why it stings.

Takes em a second sometimes.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

My favorite is still:

"If someone else's parachute doesnt work can you fly over and hold on to them?"

Although I have had someone ask me once:

"What happens if you die?"

I told them at that point it no longer concerns me ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Hi jp,
Back in late '64 I had about thirty or so jumps and my girlfriends' mom asked me about jumping. Where do you jump? What kind of plane,..etc? How high do you jump from?? At that time I had maybe 2 or 3 30SD's from 7500' (Generally the top floor for our Cessna 172). Next question,"How long do you fall from that high??" "About 30 or so seconds," I reply. "Oh My, how can you hold your breath that long????" said she.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out