Amazon

Do you have a Passport

I voted "I'm not an American Yes" Technically, I'm not an American; I was born in Poland - but came here 23 years ago when I was 5 years old. Been living in the U.S. Ever since.

The passport I have is an American 1. Although I do speak Polish very well, I speak English better. The funny thing is I don't have an accent in either language.

So, um...what the hell am I? :D I will never deny my heritage, and am proud to be what I am; when asked, I say I am not an American; but I'm never asked that because people just assume I am American.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I doubt a non American would have even thought of the question. I use my passport on at least a weekly basis.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I voted "I'm not an American Yes" Technically, I'm not an American; I was born in Poland - but came here 23 years ago when I was 5 years old. Been living in the U.S. Ever since.

The passport I have is an American 1. Although I do speak Polish very well, I speak English better. The funny thing is I don't have an accent in either language.

So, um...what the hell am I? :D I will never deny my heritage, and am proud to be what I am; when asked, I say I am not an American; but I'm never asked that because people just assume I am American.

How about my kids? I'm half Italian and half Brazilian. My wife is Japanese and my kids were born in the UK! They call themselves Brazilian although they have never lived there...

Got my first passport when I was 14. Moved and traveled to Asia. Have visited several other countries since then... On passport #3 expires in 2 years... next stop (hopefully), Turkey, and the Greek Isles next year.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I got a passport in January of 2007. It's bright and shiny new and is still sitting in the packaging it came in. [:/]

When I applied for it, I had high hopes of getting to travel somewhere, preferably abroad. My hopes aren't looking so shiny any more. :(

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I got a passport in January of 2007. It's bright and shiny new and is still sitting in the packaging it came in. [:/]

When I applied for it, I had high hopes of getting to travel somewhere, preferably abroad. My hopes aren't looking so shiny any more. :(

You could always "hint" to someone to help you out with a tickie to see Lake Garda, Venice and the Adriatic Coast or sumpin next time someone gets some time off:)

http://www.authentic-italy.co.uk/images/dynamic/area_69_29745.jpg

I try to never be without one. I've never actually done it, but I like the idea that I could take off on an international trip at a moment's notice. Well, I guess I have run off to Canada a few times but that was back when you didn't need a passport. And it was convenient to have one when my former employer was looking for people to staff a Toronto project. But really, it's about personal travel - I like the fact that I'll always be ready to go somewhere if the opportunity arises.

I got my first passport at age 5 - it was a diplomatic passport. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh believe me....I've done more than hint! ;)

At first, I tried to talk him into letting me move over there. But it's pretty expensive. And I've been told that unless you have a job or a spouse, you can't live indefinitely over there.

And he only gets four weeks for vacation a year. Two weeks every six months. The way he explained it is that if I went overseas and he came and met me, he'd have to give up visiting his daughter here in the states for that vacation. I can't be responsible for that. [:/]

I [B]HAVE asked for some sort of a out of the US trip, for my 50'th birthday present! I believe I mentioned Italy. :)

Oh...and that picture is gorgeous! :)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Got my first passport 2003 or somewhere around there. Went to Mexico with my family, LOST my passport in Mexico-seriously we left the airport, got to the hotel and mine was gone! Oops! My mom was freaking out since the only other id I had was my driver's license and she was worried they weren't going to let me back in. I, on the other hand, was not worried what-so-ever. I'd be stuck in Mexico in paradise!! :)After a little bit of hassle, I was allowed back in!

I've never needed a passport. When I started skydiving at the age of 52, I could count on one hand how many commercial flights that I had gone on with fingers left over.

Now I enjoy visiting dropzones all over the U.S. but have no desire to leave the country.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Your first and only brush with diplomacy?:P;):)

Au contraire - I think it demonstrates that I was diplomatic from a young age. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Your first and only brush with diplomacy?:P;):)

Au contraire - I think it demonstrates that I was diplomatic from a young age. :)
If you say so. :S

BTW Jack London is dead.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You should head over for a long weekend.. check out the DZ's at the north end of Seattle...Hell maybe hook up with Doc and Ladydvr and roll across the border to the Canadian DZ for a jump or two.

I like the way you think. Cindy, Doc, what do you think???/
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

fewer than 20% of americans had a passport. Pretty sad, when you think about it.

Not really. Consider the geographical diversity that you can experience within the lower 48. Most things that you want to see, you can find an example here. Maybe not the biggest or best examples, but a version of mountains, oceans, plains.....get my point. Add that, until recently, you could travel the entire continent without a passport. Then add the size of the nation. The USA isn't like European countries where you can drive across five borders before your coffee gets cold.

and in paradise you don't even need to leave the state to see any of it :P:)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I have 2 passports. My US one after 4 years has one supplement filled, getting another one from the consulate next week.
My daughter has 3 passports (from 3 different countries):P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."