RossDagley

New aerodyne rig - pics!

I waited about 12 weeks but ordered it before I could skydive, so I didn't know what I was missing :D

The guys at Aerodyne have been ace - 10 points to the first person to spot whats not 'normal' about the rig ;)

left hand deployment
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Ross had the rig made for a left hand deployment BOC because he has shoulder issues which limit his range of motion with his right arm....most rigs are right hand deployment reguardless of the persons dominate hand.

Nice rig btw :)

edited to add: is that worth 10 points also?? ;)

I waited about 12 weeks but ordered it before I could skydive, so I didn't know what I was missing :D

The guys at Aerodyne have been ace - 10 points to the first person to spot whats not 'normal' about the rig ;)

Why stop there? Could they have reversed your cutaway and reserve handles too? That'd be really cool when you lend it out later!

Crap! Total malfunction! I can't find the handle with three sweeps!

Deploy reserve! Cutaway main!

Never lend that custom rig out. Otherwise it's fairly cool, in a bumblebee kinda way...

:P

left hand deployment

BTW anyone know is the double bottom ring on the risers std now?

Are you talking about the miniforce rings that Aerodyne uses? if so, they are supposed to reduce the force needed to cut away.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The greatest risk you take in life is the risk you don't take.

BTW anyone know is the double bottom ring on the risers std now?

Are you talking about the miniforce rings that Aerodyne uses? if so, they are supposed to reduce the force needed to cut away.

Hi ID

Thanks for the responseB|

I was talking about the ring that looks like a "8" so I'm guessing miniforce it is:)
FWIW this is the second time I've seen them;)

Anyone other manufactures using them yet?

R.I.P.

Yep - bonus points for that :P

The only change to my EP's is that I have to use a two-hands on each rather than the one hand on each the UK tend to teach. Thats about it.

Re: [Buried]

The backpack part is parapack but the rest is cordora (or however its spelt). Comfy on the back, but hard wearing enough for my incompetence :)

Re: [Slug]

Thats standard on the Aerodyne rigs, but I *swear* I saw it on a new Javlin the other day - either I was dreaming or they're doing it too. If no one else can confirm, I'll go back and look at where I thought I saw the photo...

Ta! B|

Did you order before you were off student status or before you made a single skydive?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Anyone other manufactures using them yet?

AFAIK, no. They are the only rigs I've seen with them, but I don't get out of CA much for sjydiving, someone else may know more.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The greatest risk you take in life is the risk you don't take.

Did you order before you were off student status or before you made a single skydive?

I ordered hqaving just done tandems - 9 of them (BPA wouldn't let me do AFF with a left hand student rig - dont ask me why :S.

Bob @ Skydive DeLand sorted it out, and I intentionally ordered my rigs delivery and AFF training at DeLand to match so I could collect my jumpsuit/rig/etc whilst on holiday.

I also put several hours in the Orlando tunnel B|

I ordered hqaving just done tandems - 9 of them (BPA wouldn't let me do AFF with a left hand student rig - dont ask me why :S.

Bob @ Skydive DeLand sorted it out, and I intentionally ordered my rigs delivery and AFF training at DeLand to match so I could collect my jumpsuit/rig/etc whilst on holiday.

I also put several hours in the Orlando tunnel B|

How odd - i wonder what the reason stated by the BPA is for that? Anyhoo, congrats, it's a nice looking rig mate :)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I forgot to reply to this the other day

Top marks go out to Aubrey by the way for holding my hand right from the "I'm a retard and can't pull with my left hand, please can you make me something special?" to "what main is best for my weight/experience etc" through to "its 2 weeks before delivery - can I change this/that/the other??" :P

Absolute top man Aubrey - and (although I've thanked you on the phone etc) you deserve thanks in public.

Even when it was too late to change something (hackey colour) your guys offered a free hackey with my next PC.

Outstanding service B|

Ooo! Shiny!

Icons are definitely sharp-lookin'.

(Although, do you have problems with attracting other bees under canopy?)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?