RALFFERS

How much algebra do you remember?

Algebra wasn't too hard to remember when I went back after 5 years of being out of school upon going back to get my masters...

Calculus on the other hand that was a bit more of a challenge to remember... (but I picked it up again...) :D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Wtf is theological math?

Isn't THAT what your doing when trying to figure the odds your getting into heaven? :P

Yes, but 1st you have to figure out what X is. :ph34r::P
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Wtf is theological math?

Isn't THAT what your doing when trying to figure the odds your getting into heaven? :P

Yes, but 1st you have to figure out what X is. :ph34r::P

:D:D:D:P
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I never took algebra, geometry, or calculus. It wasn't required for me to graduate, so I didn't. :P

When I was going through Operating Engineers training, a friend gave me a crash course the morning of the written test and I aced the math section. Go figure.

Edited to add: Nope, I don't remember any of it.

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Algebra wasn't that much of a problem, It was geometry that always pissed me off.

Every time the Teacher referred to "Pie R Squared", I would have to call BULLSHIT!! Everyone knows that if a Pie R Square, Its a Fucking Cobbler!!

Got sent to the principals office several times over that argument.:P:D

Hi Than,
And as every country boy would say,"Pi are not square, pi are round!! Cornbread are Square!!!" quote, "Brother Dave Gardner!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Algebra wasn't that much of a problem, It was geometry that always pissed me off.

Every time the Teacher referred to "Pie R Squared", I would have to call BULLSHIT!! Everyone knows that if a Pie R Square, Its a Fucking Cobbler!!

Hi Than,
And as every country boy would say,"Pi are not square, pi are round!! Cornbread are Square!!!" quote, "Brother Dave Gardner!!"

You must be from up north, Someplace like those Carolina`s or something, Down here my mama made cornbread the proper way, Cooked in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet. Cornbread R Round if it is cooked right.:P:D

Pie R Square = Cobbler!!
Cornbread R Round!!;)

All I know right now is I have to brush up on algebra......then it's chem 1, chem 2, physics...& all kinds of other fun stuff.

Going to finish as fast as I can (it will be a while nonetheless though) so that I can finish & get my life in order. :)
Im actually excited about going back. :)

No matter what, I'm determined to get good at math & accomplish what I've set out to accomplish! :)

If I may ask, what is it you are on a quest for?

Whatever it is, knowledge is good so go for it!
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

No matter what, I'm determined to get good at math & accomplish what I've set out to accomplish! :)

Going to get a B.S. in biology (hopefully this will take no more than 2 years, since I have an AA degree). Then another 4 years of pharmacy school to get a Doctorate degree.

When asked to find 'x' .... tell em it's the little character on the page that looks like a fallen over cross...... simple:P

I thought everyone knew .......it's right there between the "z" and the "c". (You DO know the keyboard is not in alphabetical order don't you?):)....but seriously......they go throught this every school year......making all the algebra students find "x". Why don't they just announce the answer over the intercom at the beginning of the semester and use the classroom time for something more productive?

I was always pretty decent with math. Managed to pull an A+ in Calc I in college. I wasn't required to take anymore than that so I didn't. As far as how much I remember today? Probably not much off the top of my head but if I was given a couple of hours to refresh my memory with a book I'd probably be alright.

Hi Than,

You must be from up north, Someplace like those Carolina`s or something, Down here my mama made cornbread the proper way, Cooked in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet. Cornbread R Round if it is cooked right.:P:D

Pie R Square = Cobbler!!
Cornbread R Round!!
;)

That's how my women do it (& they're from Texas & NM).
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

It has been 3 years since I've been in a college classroom, & as of this morning I need to retake the most basic of algebra classes (I was looking at some chemistry). I was never great at math, so it's no surprise that I forgot so much so quickly. Then again, maybe forgetting something like this is normal if oyu don't use it for a while.

How much do algebra & the alike do you remember?

None whatsoever, but I can still recite the prologue to Henry V. required for acting 101. Math was never my thing. Maybe my mind blocked all memory of algebra because it was so traumatic for me. :P

I'm amazed at how much French comes back just from hearing the language or looking at something even though its been many many years since I have studied the language or attempted to speak it. (back in the day, I was pretty proficient with it.....) I'm working on Spanish now and really have to avoid French because it crowds the Spanish in my brain.

Going to get a B.S. in biology (hopefully this will take no more than 2 years, since I have an AA degree). Then another 4 years of pharmacy school to get a Doctorate degree.

So your going to college to become a drug dealer. Good luck with that. :P

Seriously, congratulations on making the comittment and best of luck.

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I remember two things:

Karen, girl sitting next to me always use to wear very thin white tee-shirts and no bra...and the book was red (I think). :);)

Oh - so they had upgraded top the red granite tablets?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

All I know right now is I have to brush up on algebra......then it's chem 1, chem 2, physics...& all kinds of other fun stuff.

Going to finish as fast as I can (it will be a while nonetheless though) so that I can finish & get my life in order. :)
Im actually excited about going back. :)

Cool for you. I remember your posts about your dad.

A while (12yrs)ago I got sick and tired of my mill job and decided to go back to school. Before taking the placement tests, I got a Trig textbook from the library (highest math I did in H.S.)
After about 8hrs of study over a week or so, most of it came back.

I ended up getting placed in Pre-calculus.

College chem and Physics was a lot more fun than H.S. But the math was a bit more challenging. Calc I, II, III and DiifEq
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Something just dawned on me (actually 2 things) as I sit & reflect on this thread...

1) I'll be 35, maybe even 36 when I finish school........that's kinda' old to START skydiving. [:/]:( I hope to at least be able to jump for the rest of my days from then on.

2) life goes by FAST!!B|[:/]>:(:(

Something just dawned on me (actually 2 things) as I sit & reflect on this thread...

1) I'll be 35, maybe even 36 when I finish school........that's kinda' old to START skydiving. [:/]:( I hope to at least be able to jump for the rest of my days from then on.

Why would you say that?

I did my first jump in 02. I was 33 when I jumped first. Kinda old is Twardo - he was like 104829289467 when the first parachute was invented . . . and we're talking about palm tree commanders . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why would you say that?

I did my first jump in 02. I was 33 when I jumped first. Kinda old is Twardo - he was like 104829289467 when the first parachute was invented . . . and we're talking about palm tree commanders . . .

Ya definitely had to be a lot tougher and more motivated back then!

Back when we jumped rocks for gear...B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'll be 35, maybe even 36 when I finish school

Whether or not you finish school, you'll still be 35 or 36 then. Won't it be better to be a college graduate?

And yeah, 35 isn't old at all.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One is never "too old" to start skydiving. I'm sure many on here started late, just like I have.

And yes, life goes by fast ...don't waste it :)

O