floridadiver81

So i didnt want to post until i was sure this time.

Everyone has been nice about this? And while this is a "good" thing, Im trying to analyze why it is necessary to tell people on a forum you hardly know? To me this is a sign of insecurity, maybe a inside feeling that if you tell people you have a girl, that you'll be more confident about it...not trying to be a dick, but I have always been mystified by people who, on a forum and in real life, feel the need to make sure everyone knows. Certainly not because your in love. Anyways congrats, but maybe hold off telling people about a new relationship until you have some investment in it, seems rather childish to me, like when you got your first bf or gf.

-Evo

EDIT: Amen to the post above.
Zoo Crew

Freedom, in the name of love, is just another word for lonely.

And having a nagging wife + screaming annoying kids is good eh? :S

Yes its great!

That's a classic. It hasn't been a week since the guy just met the girl and we're already "arguing" about marriage ...

O

Everyone has been nice about this? And while this is a "good" thing, Im trying to analyze why it is necessary to tell people on a forum you hardly know? To me this is a sign of insecurity, maybe a inside feeling that if you tell people you have a girl, that you'll be more confident about it...not trying to be a dick, but I have always been mystified by people who, on a forum and in real life, feel the need to make sure everyone knows. Certainly not because your in love. Anyways congrats, but maybe hold off telling people about a new relationship until you have some investment in it, seems rather childish to me, like when you got your first bf or gf.

-Evo

He is known, and he wanted to share with the people he knows on here and know his history....

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

-Evo

Couldn't agree more, well said!
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

If I was in his place, I wouldn't jump to such conclusions so soon.. He should rather take all the time in the world to analyze as much as he can about her,

Why would you want restrictions and commitments?

I was somewhat tongue and cheek in that. I really don't think they should get married next week.

With that said, I've seen courtships of less than a few months lead to marriages that have lasted 50+ years. I have seen marriages that lasted less time than the years long engagements that preceded them. I think time spent before the marriage is a poor, or possibly inverse, predictor of success. The attitudes of the partners is waaay more important.

If someone doesn't want to get married, awesome. Just remember, though, half of "analysis" is "anal." You can dissect a good thing until it dies. ;)