k-dubjumps

Friend with bennies vs. a fu*k buddy

Ever had one or both? How'd it work out for you? Did he/she start to fall for you or vise versa? Did it get too complicated or did it work out great?

Discuss.

Here is how I define the two:

Fuck buddy:
Come over, get it on, say good-bye until next time.

Friend with benefits:
Like a fuck buddy, but you're friends outside of the bedroom. Maybe you hang out every now and then, grab a bite or drink, etc., but you're not in a relationship.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Sometimes feeling develop, sometimes they don't.

The problem lies within the fact that some people equate sex with being in love, instead of understanding it is just sex.

Hmm.. Easy to become fond of someone who makes you happy on a regular basis!! ;)

I have a theory that friends with benefits is usually a case of 1 person loves the other but settles for just sex as the other is not so interested.. I haven't ever tested this theory, though..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Have had both...

Fuck buddys just work out better.

My longest relationship before getting married was with a fuck buddy. It was a one night stand that lasted about a year. She was great. To this day I still miss her and her tallents.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I have a theory that friends with benefits is usually a case of 1 person loves the other but settles for just sex as the other is not so interested.. I haven't ever tested this theory, though..

We are always prepared to donate our time to experiments to advance the knowledge of science.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The problem lies within the fact that some people equate sex with being in love, instead of understanding it is just sex.

you could always become friends with Shah - I don't think he's got that problem:D:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I agree with that ... it makes perfect sense ...

O

I don't agree with that. Well, not completely. I'm sure its that way for some, but I've been in fwb situations where we were very up front about not wanting a full on relationship for what ever reason. It was great, we really were friends with benefits. I made it a point to have a come to Jesus every now and then to make sure we were still on the same page.

If I new something more wasn't going to happen, then I wasn't going to expect it to. I know not everyone can emotionally handle fwb relationships. I seriously doubt I would have been able to 10 years ago. I'd be a dumb girl and fall.:o
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

I agree with that ... it makes perfect sense ...

O

I don't agree with that. Well, not completely. I'm sure its that way for some, but I've been in fwb situations where we were very up front about not wanting a full on relationship for what ever reason. It was great, we really were friends with benefits.

Yes, but just because you were laid back about it, doesn't mean he didn't have a big crush on you!! You'll never really know, will you? :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Hmm.. Easy to become fond of someone who makes you happy on a regular basis!! ;)

+ 1 :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Yes, but just because you were laid back about it, doesn't mean he didn't have a big crush on you!! You'll never really know, will you? :P

You may be on to something there! He did get a little concerned last night when I told him that I have to move in the near future due to the house I'm renting being listed for sale. His response was, "well, don't go too far away":o
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3

I've had both and each worked out great. The F.W.B. situation lasted a full two years, but was more F.W.B. for a year and a half and F.B. for 6 months.

Every now and then one of us would start dating someone. We'd just quit doing it and start up again when we were both single. ;)

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

Fully agreed with your perspective on this.
Having friends like this is quite fun usually.
I have also had relationships that turned out I was only a FB. I just didn't know it! :o:D
Some people really should be honest with themselves!
Speaking of which...I should have "worked from home" today!!>:(:)

You may be on to something there! He did get a little concerned last night when I told him that I have to move in the near future due to the house I'm renting being listed for sale. His response was, "well, don't go too far away":o

AHA!! So my theory *does* have some merit!! ;) If you're going to break his heart, at least do it gently.. :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I never had either. Call me weird but I don't enjoy sex unless there is mutual emotional involvement.

Nothing weird about it; emotionless sex is fun ... once or twice, than it leaves you with an empty feeling. If there is no chemistry, it can get boring too ... if there is chemistry, some kind of attachment will develop ...

To answer the OP's question - I've had both ... it's not a sustainable form of relationship for me ... I'm not interested in going there again ...

O