grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

..SOON! Here's a little something to get in the mood...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJkHm2WtSsk

So let's hear your predictions.

Pens vs.Sharks for Lord Stanley
next...

Pens won't make the finals in the East. I'm hoping they make an early exit so that Crosby is watching Ovechkin on tv.

I like Boston or New Jersey for the East, Sharks or Wings for the West but will be pulling for the Flames to make another run.

Boston has put together a remarkable season but how can you count Marty Brodeur out come playoff time?

Sharks have looked like they should go all the way many times in the last 5 years but have always come up short. Detroit is deep and experienced and the defending champs. Calgary....they have a better chance this year than in the last few years and I'll be hoping they are hot and put together a streak.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I think if the sharks beat the redwings, they have it in the bag.

This year, it's not about trying to win the Cup.......it's about trying to pry it away from the Wings.

Ain't gonna happen.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Ain't gonna happen.

A girl can dream...

I'm making no predictions. I hope the Wings choke in the first round, but I think a Sharks/Wings matchup in the third round would be an amazing - and brutal - series. I want to see the Sharks skating with the Cup.

I love hockey. :)

This year, it's not about trying to win the Cup.......it's about trying to pry it away from the Wings.

Ain't gonna happen.

Don

Never say Never! ...or should that be Never say Ain't ?

Wings are definitely a favourite at this point in time but I think they have better competition this year than last. Repeating isn't going to be easy. Sharks are due. I'd love to see Thornton with the Cup and my old grappling buddy Drew Remenda interviewing him.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I'm an Avalanche fan. The season's been over for a while now.:(

Oh well, I suppose I'll jump on some team's bandwagon for the playoffs. It certainly won't be the Red Wings though.>:(

Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Ain't gonna happen.

Don

Don, my friend, your wisdom, insight and sagaciousness is always refreshing.

aloha.

Ain't gonna happen.

Don

Don, my friend, your wisdom, insight and sagaciousness is always refreshing.

In what I hope is a prelude to the playoffs, the Flames spanked the Wings 5-3 last night.
--
Murray

I'm an Avalanche fan. The season's been over for a while now.:(

Oh well, I suppose I'll jump on some team's bandwagon for the playoffs. It certainly won't be the Red Wings though.>:(

...I'm right there with ya. [:/]
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Penguins, Penguins, Penguins...

Yeah, it could happen. Their on a surge with a new skipper (checks behind himself t make sure monkeys are not flying out of the butt).

Penguins, Penguins, Penguins...

Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Well despite finishing 1st in the east last year the Habs have been struggling for a few weeks now and fighting for a spot in late season, I simply cannot cheer for for another team... When they're out hockey is over for me! Sadly it's been awhile since I have seen em play in june!

Almost lost to Tampa last night how the hell are going to get through the 1st round... IF we get to the first round

While not a hard-core Habs fan like I was in the 60s and 70s growing up, I was also hoping the Habs would have a shot in their centenary year. Things will have to change dramatically for them to make a run or get past the first round even...provided they get into the playoffs.

Going in, the Wings look like favourites.....but I think they will have a pretty tough time repeating. Sharks have been one series away too many times and eventually these streaks end. As noted above, the Ducks are on a late season surge of hotness....being hot means more than where you finished in the standings. Who knows...I am looking forward to some great hockey and some upsets!
--
Murray

The 'Habs', have an incredible history and produced some of the greatest players of the game and it's a big dis-appointment to not see them in the play-offs. I think, the expansions over the years have had a lot to do with their being where they are today. Hockey today, is a far cry from the 'Original six' days. I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs do good. After all... "IT's a Canadian game!"

Chuck

I think the Rangers are going to first of all make the playoffs. Then they will have some fantastic, amazing, stellar 7 game series to make it to the finals. the ny media will aid in the creation of a mass of bandwagon fandom and it will be rah rah rangers. And they will then they will be swept by the flames in 4.