grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

I guess that hit from Brown was harder than I thought. ;) Relax....I'm kidding. :D

As an update:

Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray has been doing some serious moving and shaking these last couple weeks. Murray inherited a salary cap nightmare from Burke (Toronto's new GM) and has done some miracle work to make the Ducks a Cup contender next year.

Pronger traded to Philly for Sbisa, Lupul, and 2 first round draft picks.

Resigned Marchant

Signed Saku Koivu from Montreal to play with Selanne

Signed Nick Boynton from the Florida Panthers.

Ducks Potential Lines:

Off 1: Perry-Getz-Ryan
Off 2: Lupul-Koivu-Selanne
Checking: Miller-Marchant-Noks
Physical Line 4: Parros/Christensen-Ebbett/Wirtenen-Brown (Depending on match)

Def 1: Neids-Wiz (Wiz elected aribitration but should get signed at least for 09-10)
Def 2: Whitney-Boynton
Def 3: Sbisa-Mitera/Mikk/Salsido

PP1: Getz-Perry-Ryan-Neids-Wiz
PP2: Selanne-Koivu-Lups-Whitney-Sbisa

PK 1: Brown-Miller-Neids-Wiz
PK 2: Noks-Marchant-Whitney-Boynton

Detroit here we come! B|

www.FourWheelerHB.com

You're probably right! :D Hudler filed for arbitration then, signed with the Russian League. He said, he wanted more money and it's 'tax free' in Russia.
Looks like a good line-up! The Ducks like the 'tough guys'. Pronger will fit right in with Philly. They've always liked the tough guys. Vancouver has made some good trades and are always a threat but, I think that Chicago is going to really open some eyes, this season. I really don't look for Detroit to be a 'huge' threat this year. They'll probably make the play-offs but, more than likely, a 4th. or 5th. entry. I don't see Detroit a huge threat for 2, maybe, 3-yrs. The salary cap has made it's mark on Detroit. I think, the two to watch in the West will be Anaheim and Chicago.

Chuck

Oh, hell yeah! Abdelkader really made an impression on a lot of folks. Especially those in the Wings front office. He's going to have to really make a show in camp this summer and I think, he'll do it. It's pretty darned good when, you can bring-up a kid from the minors to the play-offs and he scores a goal. I'd really like to see him make the team.

Chuck

I don't see Detroit a huge threat for 2, maybe, 3-yrs. The salary cap has made it's mark on Detroit.

Also the expected salary cap reduction for 10-11 will put a lot of teams in difficult spots. Murray is setting up Anaheim to take full advantage of the situation with a self imposed salary cap of 50 mil. Not to mention all the 1 year contracts he's signing.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

With Detroit losing Hossa, Samuelson, Kopecky and now, Hudler, this opens things up to bring-up Abdelkader, Leino and one or two other young guys and try, to stay under the cap. What is going to catch-up to some of the teams are the 'long term' contracts. Detroit will still, have it's 'core' and the addition of some young guys should, add to their speed.

Chuck

I do know, the Wings started this past season, really beat. Their numbers dwindled about mid-season but picked up in Feb. and March. I think, we'll see about the same this coming season. The youngsters are going to have to pick-up the slack for awhile.:D I don't pay much attention to the Pens. but, i would imagine, they'll experience something similar but, theirs will be from celebrating.:D

Chuck