grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

NO... not at all! They cut-out 'Joe Vision! The NHL, in their contract with NBC, would allow NBC to broadcast the games but, NO big screen tv parties at The Joe! I'll tell you what, after reading that, I'm really beginning to believe the 'conspiracy theorists'. The NHL allowed Vs to let the folks in Pittsburgh have big screen tv's at Mellon arena but, Bettman won't allow the folks in Detroit the same privilage. I'm really beginning to think, Bettman has done everything possible to set-up a Pens win of the Stanley Cup and further promote the Pens and his golden boys... Malkin and Crosby. Whatever the case may be, I think, Bettman should be investigated... after the Finals!

edit to add: Did some digging... NBC hasn't allowed the Pens do do it either! NBC based it on the ratings and that they don't get good ratings at 'big screen parties'. Looks like it's equal for both sides... lousy dealings by Bettman.

Chuck

Not allowing big TV parties at the arenas. That's just great for hockey, isn't it???:S

I have to take my son to a game tonight at 5:45 so I am recording the game. He went to "the dark side" and is playing goalie for his squirt team now!

If Detroit wins, my hat is off to them for having a tremendous team.

If the Pens win, I will be anticipating an EPIC game seven. Unlike my game five prediction!:$:P

This has been great discussing hockey with you guys (and gals). There is a rink about 40 minutes south of Perris. I think we should have a "Slapshot" boogie. Skydive all day and then play hockey at night!B|

Let's Go PENS!!!!!!!!!

Just another one of Bettman's 'sooper-dooper' deals!>:(

I hope your son's team wins! Good luck to them!!!B| Lemme guess who his favorite goalie is?:D

After game five, if they don't win, there's a huge problem! I got a lot of faith in them. Especially since they are right at full strength.

If, the Pens win... I'll be highly dis-appointed with the Wings. I will also have to give a tip o' the hat to the Pens.

I've enjoyed it to! To learn and exchange ideas and see such support for a great game has been fun.

May the best team (WINGS) win! ;)

Chuck

bettman....what a fucking knob cant stand him.

Well so far the game is looking pretty good. Although im a Pens fan, i do believe this will go 7, but i dont think they will take a win at detroit.

Been a great series so far even with all the fuckery, both teams are quite skilled and deserve to be in the finals.

Great talkin hockey with all you guys, the hockey boogie sounds like good fun ;)

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Game 7 in Detroit! Wow! I'd like to know what happened to Detroit!? I think, they can do it on their home ice. We'll just have to wait and see.
Some really bad officiating tonight but, it evened out... 2-power-plays each. If, it weren't for Ozzie, the score could've been higher.
You bet! It's been a good time with all y'all! Let's do it again next year! B|

Chuck

im in, although this time next year i'll be in a desert with some not so friendly folks

Im just happy the refs didnt do anything to fuck the game up too bad, lots of non calls that could have easily been called.

Dunno what happened with the wings either, they came out of the gate like a herd of snails. Osgood is the only reason that game wasnt like the one in detroit the other night.

Gonna be a gooder game 7 i hope!!!!
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Just where in the desert are you going? Un-friendly... Oh... I gotcha' Keep your powder dry and your butt down. Just be safe!
I saw a couple of slashes and a lot of cross-checking that was't called and at least one tripping that were not called... and that was just the Penguins.
I think, if the Wings can come-out in game 7 like they did in game 5, it's in the bag. They drag around like tonight and the Pens have it.

Chuck

That was a good hockey game.

Datsyuk's move in the first where he turned on a dime and brought the puck back close to his feet and then fed it across the top of the crease to Zetterburg was one of the prettiest plays I've seen this year. If Zetterburg handles that pass cleanly he scores.

Fleury's save on Cleary late in the third was a game saver. I don't think the Pens would have won had it gone to overtime.

One game left. I hope it is as good as this one was.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

So in between saves my son skates over to the boards to the left of his net where I was watching and asks.."what's the score"? through his facemask. The game was on the snack bar TV. The other parents were crackin' up! He won 7-2, saved 3 penalty shots(instead of putting a kid in the box, they give the team a ps) and 2 breakaways. He really doesn't know many goalies in the NHL. Mario and Sid are his favorite players. Wonder where he gets that from?

So WOW...what a game!

I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared for game seven!!!:P

Whoever wins it, the goalie will be the Conn Smythe trophy winner. Unreal saves.

Can I sue Orpik for taking a year off of my life with that give away with 1:35 left????:S

Let's Go Pens!!!!!!!!:D

Re: Conn Smythe - I think that if Detroit wins Osgood is the favourite right now. I think that if the Pens win it won't be Fleury....I just don't feel like he has been carrying the team.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That was a good hockey game.

Datsyuk's move in the first where he turned on a dime and brought the puck back close to his feet and then fed it across the top of the crease to Zetterburg was one of the prettiest plays I've seen this year. If Zetterburg handles that pass cleanly he scores.

I saw a couple of plays from Datsyuk to another Red Wing who didn't cleanly handle the play. It's almost like the team knows Datsyuk is at "75% (*)" and therefore not expecting him to be Datsyuk. In other words making small allowances for his injury. Datsyuk, himself, is making no such allowances, making the plays, and surprising his own guys.

If we find out after the playoffs that Datsyuk's injury is still pretty serious, that would make his play the past few games even better in hindsight.

(*) no one has said a number, so insert your own thought here
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

i gotta agree, if detroit wins, osgood hands down he has been like a concrete wall for them, playing outstanding

fleury on the other hand has had some absolutly amazing games.....but also has had some pretty shakey ones. Malkin, IMO, has been the best and most consistant pen and the top player on the ice for the pens
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

It's almost like the team knows Datsyuk is at "75% (*)" and therefore not expecting him to be Datsyuk.

Good point.

Game of inches.......give Detroit a couple on Zetterburg's shot off the post and Scuderi's 3 saves with 13 seconds left, and we would've celebrated last night. Ozzy certainly did all he could to make that happen.

Oh, well.......now we wait 3 days and skate the Cup at home. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

So in between saves my son skates over to the boards to the left of his net where I was watching and asks.."what's the score"? through his facemask. The game was on the snack bar TV. The other parents were crackin' up! He won 7-2, saved 3 penalty shots(instead of putting a kid in the box, they give the team a ps) and 2 breakaways.

I completely respect your son! He has the right priorities. ;)

I'm so excited to have a game 7! GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TPM Sister #102

Datsyuk is amazing. He can set-up plays and handle a puck like very few I've ever seen. Just say, he's at 75%... he still is playing better than many others at 100% When you get 'The Euro Twins' together, you just know, something good is going to happen.
I agree, whichever team wins, their goalie will get the MVP nod. The funny side of this is, a couple months ago, many Wings fans wanted Ozzie dumped! Looking back at what he's done for the Wings in the play-offs, he's played like crazy. The guy is there when things get tough!
As I type this, my nerves are goin' nuts!:D I wish, the Wings would've put the Pens away Tuesday night. This could work quite good... the Wings can show-off the cup to the home fans. GO WINGS!

Chuck

I have to admit I am one person that has never given Osgood his due but if you look at his career stats he has been solid in the playoffs. 2.09 GAA in 128 games. That is consistency over a long period of time. Of course, he has played behind very solid teams but even so, I think he is better than most people think. And, at $1.7m/year he isn't very expensive. Last year I think he was paid $800k...not much above the league minimum.
--
Murray

GAME 7!

It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here! It's almost here!

Elvisio "are we there yet?" Rodriguez

I got real dis-appoinetd in 'The Wizard of Oz' during the regular season. Once again, he comes back with intensity and determination. Because of Ozzie, the Wings can stay under the salary cap!:D Heck, they got Draper for $1.00! Tell me, the Wings front office don't know how to deal.
One thing I'd like to say is, I cannot recall, where the Wings ever got ugly during or after a game. It was always the other guys. What a class outfit.
Right now, my nerves are out of sight. I really hope, they win tonight!
We'll see...

Chuck

I just saw that commercial! Too cool!

Detroit had to come out hard and strong. Seems to set Pitt. on their heels.

does it look to you like the refs have kept their whistles in their pockets, again? They missed a great chance to call slashing on Pitt. I thought they'd have the ref problem taken care of by now. Even the announcer said that![:/]

Chuck