grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

Yeah it may be time for Chelios to hang em up, hes been cuttin back the ice time all year long. Great player in his prime, most likely a trip to the hall of fame next for him
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I'd rather see Chelios retire now, rather than 'just one more year' like so many athletes have done and fail miserably. Chelios is definately Hall of Fame material.
I'd like to see Abdelkader moved into the rotation! He did a great job in the play-offs. I'd like to see Hossa stay. too!!!
All in all, I think, the Wings just need to rest-up and heal-up. They had a rougher time in the play-offs than the Pens. I know, I'll get an arguement over that statement but, it's true. I'm not saying the Penns just breezed through, either. The Ducks really beat-up the Wings and Chicago did their share.
I don't see too many changes in the Wings line-up, due to salary cap and contracts. The Wings also have some free agnts they need to deal with.

Chuck

Thanks for passing that on to me!

I'm beginning to wonder about Hossa... is it The Cup or money? Could it be, Hossa's agent wants more money? The cap kinda' wrecked Detroit's hopes for keeping Hossa. Detroit didn't plan on keeping Kopecky or Conklin. they're bringing-up Howard. Also, Detroit has some young guys who can fill the void.

Chuck

I sure don't understand the Hawks signing Hossa for 12 years..where was he for Detroit this year in the playoffs? I don't see him as a player to help put Chicago over the top.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Speaking of signings...Bouwmeester being signed by the Flames is pretty interesting. Phaneuf, Regehr and Bouwmeester....that's three solid defensemen!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hossa did great during the regular season. During the play-offs, I wonder if, the fact that Datsyuk and Lidstrom were injured and the fact he felt strongly about winning The Cup with Detroit didn't put too much pressure on himself? Then too, what happened to him with Pittsburgh in the 2008 finals? I think, he just folds during the play-offs. Maybe, he'll do better with Chicago!?

Chuck

Hossa did great during the regular season. During the play-offs, I wonder if, the fact that Datsyuk and Lidstrom were injured and the fact he felt strongly about winning The Cup with Detroit didn't put too much pressure on himself? Then too, what happened to him with Pittsburgh in the 2008 finals? I think, he just folds during the play-offs. Maybe, he'll do better with Chicago!?

Chuck

If he folds in the playoffs...they shouldn't have signed him. Even if he was a playoff stud I think 12 years is nuts.
--
Murray

I was sad to see big Hal Gill leave the Pens. Why did Montreal sign Camelleri, Gionta and Gomez? Those Smurfs will get eaten alive in the big bad East!
Once again the LA Queens didn't do anything. Millions under the salary cap too. "We're nuth'n but a rich broad's tax write off."
And Hossa won't get a Cup ever...B|

The Flyers got a bit bigger and badder by adding Pronger. Best thing about him getting traded to the Flyers...I can really get a hate on for him now!

I don't know about Montreal. I am having serious doubts about Carey Price being #1 in net. Some guys make the transition to the NHL without much time in the AHL but I think he could have benefited from some more time in the AHL..especially before getting thrown to the wolves in Montreal. It can be a nasty place to play.
--
Murray

Looks like Philly is going 'retro'!
Pronger should be banned from the NHL! Him and Donald Brashear, just to name a couple who are just goons.

Price is going to get a 'crash course', all right! The Wings are bringing-up Howard from Grand Rapids but, he's played a few NHL games and is only 2nd. to Ozzie. Price is either damned good or Montreal has no other choice. Idon't know...

Looks to me like, Chicago is really trying to be a contender. The 'salary cap' has really changed things up and levelled-out the playing field. Isn't that Bettman's
grand plan'? We may not see a three-peat of Wings-Pens, next Spring.

Chuck

Chuck

Pronger is WAY more than a goon. He is an elite defenceman...doesn't mean I like him.

Hockey is a violent game...even when played cleanly. I work for a former hockey agent and have read lots of correspondence about players. One thing that always struck me was the emphasis on fearlessness. If teams thought a player was at all hesitant about going into the corners his chances of making the show were pretty low.
--
Murray

That's a true story. I think the one thing that proved that out was when Datsyuk dumped Chara in the corner during the regular season. Kinda' 'rounded-out' his play. I just don't care for a player who is continually guilty of 'dirty' hits. I know, they happen all the time but, that doesn't make it right.

Chuck

Chuck,

How do you reconcile being a Wings fan and disliking dirty stuff with the fact that the greatest Red Wing of all time, Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe, was one of the dirtiest players of all time? :ph34r:

Gordie's elbows should be bronzed for the HOF!

--
Murray