grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

Sharks fans (which includes me) had better be worried. Anaheim was a much better team last night.

Yup. Very disappointed.

I expected Joe's line to get shut down but was hoping for more scoring opportunities from the other lines. Didja notice how McLellan started mixing up the lines in the third? That's why Joe could start doing something, the shuffling around meant that he wasn't up against the Ducks top D on a few shifts.

At least, that's what the radio color guy said. :$

I'm just happy the Blue Jackets have already secured their spot in the playoffs this year. First time ever! YAY!

Phree- I went to game 1 last night. Good time!

HOLY CRAP, Mason is a big boy! :o

It looked like the WINGS were trying to shoot around a Mack truck all evening.

Mason might be big but, the Wings still, got 4-pucks past him! Ozzie might be smaller in size but, last night, he was BIG in the net! It's going to be a gooood series!
The Ducks surprised a lot of folks last night! That's going to be another good series. I wouldn't count Le Habs 'out', just yet! All the games I watched were fast and furious and fun to watch.

Chuck

Mason is huge in the net, both physically and his presence. I missed the game but saw some highlights, I was more disapointed that Nash was not taking the shots that he typically does, the Wings controlled the puck for too much time to open up the shots that the Jackets normally can take and make.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I don't think so yet. Hiller stood on his head last night and the Sharks really couldn't catch a break. The few times they did get the puck past Hiller they hit the posts or crossbar.

Still an impressive win for the Ducks considering the obviously one-sided officiating. The refs didn't even care to try to hide the fact they were pulling for the Sharks. [:/]

www.FourWheelerHB.com

I don't think so yet. Hiller stood on his head last night and the Sharks really couldn't catch a break. The few times they did get the puck past Hiller they hit the posts or crossbar.

Still an impressive win for the Ducks considering the obviously one-sided officiating. The refs didn't even care to try to hide the fact they were pulling for the Sharks. [:/]

The Ducks PK was really, really good...against one of the top PP in the league.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Sharks fans (which includes me) had better be worried. Anaheim was a much better team last night.

Yup. Very disappointed.

I expected Joe's line to get shut down but was hoping for more scoring opportunities from the other lines. Didja notice how McLellan started mixing up the lines in the third? That's why Joe could start doing something, the shuffling around meant that he wasn't up against the Ducks top D on a few shifts.

At least, that's what the radio color guy said. :$

Joe was more active in the third....but he is the Sharks' GUY...he should be making them know he is on the ice regardless of the line he is up against. Mike Milbury, on the CBC broadcast, was really giving it to Joe. We've all seen top players rise to the occasion regardless of what the other team does...Joe has got to find a way or I fear the Sharks will be gone in the first round.

It'll be harder to get the right matchup in Anaheim as the Ducks will have the last change so I'm hoping Joe can up his game regardless of who is out there.

Lisa - Is Drew Remenda still doing the Sharks broadcasts?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That's just the way the Wings had to play Columbus. After all, Columbus cleaned their clocks during the regular season. They had to keep the puck away from Nash... who always seems to be in the right place at the right time! Noone, can take anything away from Osgood! He was absolutely great in the net. You missed a damned good game!

Chuck

Flyers....:P:P:P

Go Pens!

Pens were lucky to pull this one out of the fire...not that I'm complaining about the end result mind you.

Does anybody else find Marc-Andre Fleury to be inconsistent? He let in a relatively soft goal to give the Flyers the lead and then shortly thereafter made that spectacular save that kept the Pens in the game.
--
Murray

Gainey needs to suit up, and call Lafluer, Robinson and some of his other old Montreal pals. I think they could put up a better fight against the Bruins.

Yep, the glory days are long gone. I think Carey Price is done for this series and who knows what the future might hold for him. Montreal is a great place to play if the fans love you and hell if they don't.
--
Murray

Sharks-Ducks 1-1 after 2.....I am totally on edge watching this game. Sharks are playing better but I don't know if it will be good enough. I think that the next goal wins it.

Edited to add...3-2 Ducks. The Sharks gave it a good try but Anaheim is just playing too well. I think the Sharks are toast and the Ducks are a legitimate contender.
--
Murray

You guys are good hockey historians!

Speaking of history.

I had the good fortune to meet 'The Great One' last Saturday at the Red Wings/Blackhawks game!! :)
Here in Detroit the Great One is Gordie Howe....not Mr. Gretzky. :P

Nothing quite like a Gordie Howe Hat trick night!

I just got me a signed black/white Gordie Howe - in Olympia too boot - while I was in Vegas to add to the office decor.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

he was pretty well everywhere tonight pullings saves out of nowhere

philly threw everything at him including the kitchen sink, i think there playoff drive is done, dont think they will beat pittsburg at home
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10