grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

Although Thorton won the fight, I wouldn't say he made Getz his bitch. Getz did get a Gordy Howe Hatrick afterall. ;)

Edited to add a link to the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BMUaec1XkQ

i got to agree, wasnt so much a fight as it was a jersey grab.

here is probably the best fight ive ever seen in hockey, a guy from around where i live (ken tasker) and some wanna be fighter (trever senn)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_D9O53Cwo
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Now you know why the Bruins sent him packing. Just think if he had Cam Neely's drive and grit. The Sharks would have two Cups by now.
And who stole all of Cheechoo's talent?????:P
It wasn't all on Joe, for sure.
It's a good nickname for the arena;
The Sharks TANK!!!

Now you know why the Bruins sent him packing. Just think if he had Cam Neely's drive and grit. The Sharks would have two Cups by now.
And who stole all of Cheechoo's talent?????:P
It wasn't all on Joe, for sure.
It's a good nickname for the arena;
The Sharks TANK!!!

You're exactly right about Thornton. Here is an article about Joe skipping meeting the media after the loss and letting his teammates answer all the hard questions. If Doug Wilson is smart...and still there to do the deed...he should trade him.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Pens/Caps...this should be the most entertaining series in a LONG time!

Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin/SeminB|

It will come down to goaltending, as usual!!!

Carolina/Bruins will be a great series also. What a comeback by the 'Canes!!

Completely agree.

Crosby/Ovechkin - These guys both want to be #1 and it should be awesome watching them trying to prove they are the best.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Pens/Caps...this should be the most entertaining series in a LONG time!

Crosby/Malkin vs. Ovechkin/SeminB|

It will come down to goaltending, as usual!!!

Carolina/Bruins will be a great series also. What a comeback by the 'Canes!!

Last year, watching Datsyuk and Zetterberg shut down Crosby last year - 6 points in six games - I had to wonder just who it was that decided Crosby was the "star" and future of the NHL. I also had to wonder if that person has been properly prescribed psychiatric medicines.

Last night watching the Caps/Rangers games, I have to wonder the same things about whomever crowned Ovechkin, ditto on the psych meds. What I saw last night was lazy play away from the puck, almost no defensive play at all(*), and a few small flashes of what could maybe be called brilliance. Sean Avery of the Rangers outplayed him, ffs.

I'm looking forward to the Pens/Caps matchup as a fan, slightly, but not at all in the "watch the best of the best head-to-head" mode that the marketing droids in the NHL front office would propose.

(*) The first Rangers goal could easily have been prevented if Ovechkin had been skating and not standing around.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Crosby/Ovechkin - These guys both want to be #1 and it should be awesome watching them battle for the chance to be shutdown by Datsyuk/Zetterberg trying to prove they are the best.

fixed that for ya ;)

After all Crosby has already shown he's not a match for them, maybe it's Ovechkin's turn to be shown what real hockey is ;)
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

The Wings are 3-0-1 in regular season play. The Ducks just got off a tough stand with the Sharks. The Wings will have had at least, 7-days off. That said, when the Wings get more than 3-days in a row off, they usually come-back 'sluggish' and it takes them 2-3 games to catch-up. Even tired-out, the Ducks will probably come out on top in this series, too. I hate like hell to say that but, I think they'll beat the Wings. The Canucks just might be a different story!

Chuck

I'm not sure if they'll beat the wings or not but regardless the series is going to be brutal. I think it comes down to whether Hiller can handle the wings forecheck. If you watched him, he has some serious confidence and composure. I suppose I would too with Scotty and Prongs standing in front of me.:P
www.FourWheelerHB.com

they'll never win the Cup with Thornton is my conclusion. Too bad, I was hoping this year they could make a run but they didn't play well enough to win.

You may be right. When he's on, he's awesome, but he's just not been on often enough. But it's not all Joe's fault; I think Nabby should have been pulled after the second game.

The Sharks really stopped playing after the All Star break. That Presidents Trophy came from having a superb first half of the season - they coasted through the rest. If they put out the same effort during the playoffs that they did during their first 40 games they'd have been unstoppable.

Sigh. There's always next year.

Go Redwings! :$

you're suppose to pull for the team that beat yours so you can at least claim your team got beat by the champs.

Can't root for a SoCal team. And I've got a lot of Detroit fans that I call friends so...

Then ya better start thinking about condolences gifts! ;):D

Condolences for a WC Champion's banner in Joe Louis Arena? Why would that be necessary ;)

The Wings are 3-0-1 in regular season play. The Ducks just got off a tough stand with the Sharks. The Wings will have had at least, 7-days off. That said, when the Wings get more than 3-days in a row off, they usually come-back 'sluggish' and it takes them 2-3 games to catch-up. Even tired-out, the Ducks will probably come out on top in this series, too. I hate like hell to say that but, I think they'll beat the Wings. The Canucks just might be a different story!

Chuck

I'm not sure if they'll beat the wings or not but regardless the series is going to be brutal. I think it comes down to whether Hiller can handle the wings forecheck. If you watched him, he has some serious confidence and composure. I suppose I would too with Scotty and Prongs standing in front of me.:P

You got that right!!! Whoever wins this serious will come-out with the scars to prove it. Scotty and Pronger are hell on wheels on defense. The Wings will definately have to have their defense on their toes. The Ducks have some damned good forwards. I know, I don't want to miss a minute of that series! I'm getting anxious and Friday night, it all starts.

Chuck

1st. game between the Ducks and Wings... Brown hits Hudler... Brown is OUT for the game!!! YES!!! Detroit got a 5-min. power-play and tie the score. I hope, the Wings sweep that sorry bunch of goons! While Hudler was being helped off the ice and bleeding from around his eye, the showed Pronger holding back a big grin. The Ducks SUCK!

Chuck

1st. game between the Ducks and Wings... Brown hits Hudler... Brown is OUT for the game!!! YES!!! Detroit got a 5-min. power-play and tie the score. I hope, the Wings sweep that sorry bunch of goons! While Hudler was being helped off the ice and bleeding from around his eye, the showed Pronger holding back a big grin. The Ducks SUCK!

Chuck

I'm with the announcers and think that Brown will be out for several games. I figured nearly 2 full seconds between Hudler getting rid of the puck and the hit; completely unacceptable and league should agree.

Chuck

I'm with the announcers and think that Brown will be out for several games. I figured nearly 2 full seconds between Hudler getting rid of the puck and the hit; completely unacceptable and league should agree.

Oh, hell yeah! Brown should get what Donald Brashear just got for a huge hit... out for the rest of the series.
Hits have always been a part of hockey but, you don't try to kill the guy. Hudler is a much smaller guy than Brown. What was the sense in that hit? That's just the way the Ducks play. Put the oppositions top players out. Just good ol' 'goon squad' hockey.

Chuck

Whew! Wings pulled that one out! What a nail-biter!

Chuck

Combination of turning up the intensity a bit in the third and an excellent play by Lindstrom to step into that rebound. The effort in the third this game better be the minimum effort the rest of the series in order to get a series win. The long layoff between Columbus and today showed the early parts of this game.

Go Wings!