SKYWHUFFO

Indianapolis base bandit

looks like base jumping is catching on in Indy!!! If you go to Indystar.com there is a survailence camera picture of the guy. Looks way too young to be any of my buddies.

Rooftop parachutist jumps again, cops say
By John Tuohy
Posted: September 28, 2009Read Comments(14)Recommend(1)E-mail Print A A A rooftop parachutist may have struck again.

A witness told an Indianapolis metropolitan police officer on Sept. 22 that a man wafted from the roof of the 48-story Chase Tower, 111 Monument Circle, or the Hilton Garden Inn, which is attached to it.

The witness said the man made the leap at 4:30 a.m. and landed on the roof of the Hilbert Circle Theatre, authorities said.

The plunge would be the second in one week in the Downtown area.

On Sept. 16, just after midnight, a man parachuted 21 stories from the roof of Barton Tower Apartments, a public housing building at 555 Massachusetts Ave., police say. That daredevil is still at-large but could face trespassing and burglary charges if he is caught.

Hmmm. I wonder if this is why I just got a voicemail message from a reporter at the Indianapolis Star?

I'm pretty sure that no one in Indy has ever made a BASE jump. That guy must have been imagining things. Or maybe a visiting jumper from Europe made a jump there. I know they have lots of BASE jumpers in Europe.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

There was no jump, there was only a wafting.

Yeah, I loved that too. Doesn't he realise he could get his wafting kicks without falling foul of the authorities? White water wafting, for example.

At least he didn't plummet, so full marks for originality. Most people plummet.

There was no jump, there was only a wafting.

Yeah, I loved that too. Doesn't he realise he could get his wafting kicks without falling foul of the authorities? White water wafting, for example.

At least he didn't plummet, so full marks for originality. Most people plummet.

Well he did plunge. From the story-

"The plunge would be the second in one week in the Downtown area."

So I guess the police are looking for a plunger!

;)

Anyhow, I'm really shocked by this. I mean, if your best friend jumped off a f*-ing building, would you do it, too?

Do I get the use of all the equipment which is crucial to facilitate my survival (please note that I refrained from using a word as 'guarantee') as well as the training which is needed to utilise aforementioned equipment in the conditions specific to the activity stipulated in your post?

Then I just might...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom