LisaH

Can you spot a fake smile?

Pretty low, 12 out of 20.

But it's annoying that they don't say what they mean by a 'fake' smile, except in muscular terms.

Obviously all those people were filmed specifically for the exercise - so were the 'fake' smiles generated by people just being told to smile, and the 'real' smiles by telling the subject a joke? Were they told they were taking part in a smiling experiment?

That's the stuff I want to know. :)

Spot The Fake Smile
Results
You got 14 out of 20 correct

Look at the labels below each image to see which smiles are genuine and which are fake.

Ticks and crosses show which smiles you got right and wrong.

Click on the image if you want to see the smile again

one of those people was S C A R Y:o:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I got 17/20. I wasn't looking at their smiles to make my determination. Cool quiz!

17/20 for me too. Their eyes and other body language are what gave it away for me... B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

15/20

After reading the info at the end, I would have been able to have done somewhat better.

Reminds me of the "after tandem group shots", especially with cheep digital cameras. Seems that we're back to the 1800s, required to hold a pose for 30 seconds waiting on the camera. I very often say "We're loosing the moment!" I may have started off with a real smile, but after 5 seconds it's been replaced.

Martin

Edit to correct spelling of my name.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ