iluvtofly

The silent treatment...

Mostly I think it is childish. After thinking about it for a second though I think it may be ok if he is mad and just wants to control that anger and not get in another argument with you. That's assuming you got in an argument. Women do it all the time though, a lot also won't admit when they are mad about something or be honest about what they are mad about. You just get "I'm fine" What do you call that? Childish? Best way to get a point across? I didn't vote because I really haven't formed a solid opinion. Also, I talk about what I am mad about with whom I'm mad at and work it out, but that's just me.

It's not over anything serious. He's just being a child and can't handle being fed some of his own medicine. :D:D

Both of you sound childish
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ohhh I *hate* the silent treatment. My dad does it & it drives my mum nuts. I think if you're being quiet because you're thinking things through, that's one thing and perfectly acceptable.. If your silence is a form of "punishment", it's passive-aggressive and wrong. "Teaching someone a lesson" means you think you're better than them, and this type of behaviour does NOT (in my opinion) give rise to a mutually agreeable solution to the problem in question.

That being said, little nasty attacks and/or nagging is just as counter-productive. So is rounding up your friends and "ganging up" against your partner.

I think if you love someone you don't deliberately try to hurt them. Communication is key.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

So I'm currently getting the silent treatment from a supposedly grown man. What do you think of the silent treatment?

:D:D:D:P

This is the female equivalent of Chinese burns i would rather have it all out and clear the air but this is the female secret weapon that bugs the crap out of me and drives me up the wall :D:D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

"Teaching someone a lesson" means you think you're better than them, and this type of behaviour does NOT (in my opinion) give rise to a mutually agreeable solution to the problem in question.

Well it DOES if the person you're not speaking to is listening to what you're not saying.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239