peckerhead

How long has it been since your last reserve ride?

I had two in two months, May and June of 2004. The first on my birthday May 17th, The last was round 6 at the NPSL NSL meet at Baldwin WI. At least we won AAA. Thats about 1100 skydives. I have 7 total reserve rides.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

First one was in 1987 jump 194, line knot, used my SAC 22, 2nd. one jump 598 in 1989, broken lines used my Ravine II, much better landing then the SAC. last one jump 2276 in 2003, cut-away handle got knocked out of the pocket and released the main on exit, had the whole skydive to decide what to do, opening hurt alittle, time to get rid of the Ravine, it saved me twice.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

I've done 2 intentionals this summer, but besides that it's been 3.5 years since my last.

Mark Klingelhoefer

yes....I recall the cutaway you did at the Frontiers' batavia boogie..
I helped to chase down the main, which landed directly ON the airport perimeter fencing,
(8' tall chain link with 2 strands of barbed at the top ) [:/]:(.
One of Art's guys climbed and carefully cleared it.. a little at a time I gathered it up, from gound level...
BUT !!!! I missed the actual cutaway, :S even though I knew you were on the load,,, Others also missed SEEING it.... ( must be we're easily distracted...B|;) )
Maybe if you take with you,,, one of those air cannisters with built in airhorn,,,
or a helluva loud whistle,,,, you could sound it, loudly,,,
10 or 15 seconds before you cutaway....
whatever amount of time it would take to re stow it first, plus 3, 2. 1 ....
is that sensible???.
For sure, everyone would benefit from watching.:|
jimmy............:)

[reply
Whats a round?

what we use to call a parachute, much like your pilotchute, they landed a little better then a pilotchute.

Now I know your kidding, a round parachute? Thats just crazy talk!! :S
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Less than a year.

One of my friends leaves a Spectre 135 packed up in a Vector 3 with a short harness at the DZ for lots of people to use.

I borrowed the canopy so I could ease back into things after a layoff from a herniated disc, but didn't fit the rig and didn't feel like repacking it. I trusted my reserve pack job so I just swapped the whole thing over to my favorite Reflex.

It spun up, I chopped, and pulled the silver handle right away because I wasn't sure of my altitude. Oops!

I have already responded for myself, but now I'm responding for someone else because I'd like to take a little credit.

Bob Stumm. Last reserve ride was March of 98. He had 2 in the previous two months. These were all packing errors (lineovers).

Since Bob is my DZO, I felt I should step in. I don't pack for anyone but me, for the most part but I love this guy and wanted him around for a while.

I started packing for him and he hasn't had a mal since..., that sounds good but it sounds a lot better when you consider that the guy does 700 a year at least. So it's been almost 9 years but thats more then 6000 skydives, all on 100 sqf canopies.

I'm done patting myself on the back now, thanks. I also want to thank the other packers that have packed for Bob when he travels good job guys please keep helping me keep the streak alive.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I've done 2 intentionals this summer, but besides that it's been 3.5 years since my last.

Mark Klingelhoefer

i was there for one of those intentionals...

and you were there for my one and only...

baglock..misrouted bridle..SDLI casa boogie

mark had me back in the air in about 10 mins with a spiffy vector/spectre combo...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead