Nataly

Keeping warm..

It's common practise over here to turn off the heating at night - even in the dead of winter..

Because I'm an insomniac, it means that for several hours that I'm up and the heating is off I'm freezing my ass off!! It's kind of ok because I have a little electric heater, but I don't like using it when I'm sleeping - I'm afraid it will have some kind of failure and start a fire..

My friend suggested hot water bottles, and they are AMAZING!!! :)
Boyfriends are a nice alternative to the hot water bottle method.. The only downside is that their idea of pre-heating the bed usually involves farting.. Hmmm... :S:|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Boyfriends are a nice alternative to the hot water bottle method.. The only downside is that their idea of pre-heating the bed usually involves farting.. Hmmm... :S:|

ahhh.. french romance [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ahhh.. french romance [:/]

The French boyfriend doesn't fart in bed.. But he's in France at the moment, which doesn't help to keep me warm!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Try an electric blanket or mattress pad. I got the mattress pad for my wife for Christmas this year and actually ended up liking it a lot myself especially with her gone for the next two months.

That's also something I could have tried :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Girls never fart in bed?

The only difference is the volume.

I've never been able to fart in front of *anyone* - not even the long-term boyfriends I felt really comfortable with..

The only way I would ever fart in bed is when I'm asleep - and there's really nothing I could do about that if it did happen!! :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Flannel sheets + TWO synthetic down comforters + fleece bedspread.
Good for night time temperatures down to 10C/50F.B|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Or you could just move to south Texas....Its warm here for at least 9 months out of the year...and our version of cold is probably way different than yours...but we have two miniature dachshunds that crawl in the bed around 9 pm and get under the covers and warm our bed up...

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/7/12/parker-and-kelsey-330254

Just one of the reasons I'll never get rid of my waterbed. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer.
:)

Ohhh.. Waterbed.. That's always sounded like so much fun!! :):P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Just one of the reasons I'll never get rid of my waterbed. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer.

Till the stilettos pierce the damm thing....
cat claws:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't get it. If you're cold, why don't you just leave the heating on? You make it sound like there's some huge on/ off knob for England in the middle of Trafalgar Square or something. :)
Personally I think part of the pleasure of being in bed in the winter is that the you're toasty when the room is cold. I don't even mind getting into a cold bed cos I know it'll soon warm up.

Why would you ever be cold in Australia?

learn some geopgraphy:ph34r::ph34r:
Particular focus should on on desert night temps;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't get it. If you're cold, why don't you just leave the heating on? You make it sound like there's some huge on/ off knob for England in the middle of Trafalgar Square or something. :)
Personally I think part of the pleasure of being in bed in the winter is that the you're toasty when the room is cold. I don't even mind getting into a cold bed cos I know it'll soon warm up.

The boiler is upstairs - I don't have access. I can regulate the heaters when it's on, but I can't do anything when it's off!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The French boyfriend...

:o

My image of you is shattered!

:D

Two words... "Electric Blanket"... they've long since been made safe enough to not shock you or start a fire, that is if y'all can get one there that is UL approved and I'm sure the ones available in the States will only get better (and more expensive) under Obama-care... :S

:P

:D

If you go with the flannel sheets suggestion from up-thread, DO NOT also wear flannel PJs! The two combined can be like Velcro and you could end up stuck in bed and starve to death or die of dehydration if not discovered in time! :D:D:D:D:D:D

If you go with the flannel sheets suggestion from up-thread, DO NOT also wear flannel PJs! The two combined can be like Velcro and you could end up stuck in bed and starve to death or die of dehydration if not discovered in time! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Not to mention, if you far under the covers and then try rolling over you might just blow yourself up!
Killing threads since 2004.

Water beds are highly over-rated.

Invest in one of these, or the like...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0010574510149a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=blanket&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23