mtbriles

Akward first date moments.

Lets hear em.

Mine: We were leaving to her house after dinner and The Bad Touch came one the radio. My dumbass turned it up and started singing along. Total turn off apparently. If you know the song youll better understand.
Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

I was on a mediocre first date, trying to give it a lasting chance, so agree to go to the guy's place after dinner. I try to make conversation in between the awkward silences until he says "Oh there they go again", and the sounds of his neighbors' evening merriment escalate through the thin walls of his apartment.

I had never wanted to get out of a place so fast.

A work colleague once casually asked me if I wanted to meet up at the pub after work.. I hadn't gone out for a while & thought "why not"?

When I arrived (slightly late!), he was already sitting there by himself, all dressed up and reeking of cologne.. I didn't immediately pick up on this and asked "when's everyone else getting here?" He looked surprised and answered that it was just the two of us.. Oh dear.. That was awkward..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I was in highschool at the time. I had been asked to go to a dance with a girl from a different school. She spent most of the night chatting with her friends, who I didn't know and she didn't introduce me to. We drove to a party in absolute silence. I turned the radio up and up, but the silence was still really awkward. Got to the party and she eventually left with someone else. That's when I stopped dating and started to go with the drunk hook up;)
AKA MG Hammer Flying Hellfish #834 Son's Of Bacon #1

The Bad Touch came one the radio. My dumbass turned it up and started singing along

I understand your action. I have never heard "The Bad Touch" on the radio, but if I did I am positive that unless my mother were in the car I would have to sing along with it.

It is my favorite Karaoke song.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Lets hear em.

Mine: We were leaving to her house after dinner and The Bad Touch came one the radio. My dumbass turned it up and started singing along. Total turn off apparently. If you know the song youll better understand.

Are you in any way related to Shah?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Lets hear em.

Are you in any way related to Shah?

I think quite possibly this is Shah's engineer friend!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Wow, I have so many of these but I'll just tell the funniest one...

I was sixteen, newly licensed, went to the guy's house and met his family. His mom suggested I move my car because I was on a corner and might get hit by someone flying around it. He lived on a long and windy street so rather than go all the way around, decided to reverse the car. Hit the accelerator instead of the break. Went about 45 miles into a pickup truck. I was too embarassed to get out of the car.

His mom thought I was hurt, called 911, the firemen came took me out of the car while the whole neighborhood watched. I begged not to go with the ambulance but underage, they had no choice.

Turned out the pickup truck was his sister's boyfriends and the entire bed had to be replaced. In total about $6000 worth of damage.

Wow, I have so many of these but I'll just tell the funniest one...

I was sixteen, newly licensed, went to the guy's house and met his family. His mom suggested I move my car because I was on a corner and might get hit by someone flying around it. He lived on a long and windy street so rather than go all the way around, decided to reverse the car. Hit the accelerator instead of the break. Went about 45 miles into a pickup truck. I was too embarassed to get out of the car.

His mom thought I was hurt, called 911, the firemen came took me out of the car while the whole neighborhood watched. I begged not to go with the ambulance but underage, they had no choice.

Turned out the pickup truck was his sister's boyfriends and the entire bed had to be replaced. In total about $6000 worth of damage.

OMG - that must have been soooo embarrassing :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

A work colleague once casually asked me if I wanted to meet up at the pub after work.. I hadn't gone out for a while & thought "why not"?

When I arrived (slightly late!), he was already sitting there by himself, all dressed up and reeking of cologne.. I didn't immediately pick up on this and asked "when's everyone else getting here?" He looked surprised and answered that it was just the two of us.. Oh dear.. That was awkward..

:( Poor guy.

:D

:( Poor guy.

:D

Well, I'm not sure who felt more out of place.. I wasn't single at the time, which is probably why when he said "going to the pub" it never registered as "date". Yeah.. Awkward..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

When the goodbye kiss you meant to plant on the lips gets deliberately diverted to the cheek.. Hmmm..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Lets hear em.

Being 26 years old and having an 18 year old show up for a lunch date in her high school cheerleaders outfit and ask you to her senior prom. It doesn't get much weirder than that!

Oh wait, it doesn get weirder than that. Going back to her place at the end of the date and when you get there you notice another car in the driveway. When she takes you inside she take you into the guestroom instead of the master bedroom then leaves for a second and comes back in with a video camera. When you inquire about the video camera she says, "my husband is in the master bedroom and said he's too tired to wake up to come watch so he wants us to video tape it so he can watch tomorrow." Yeah, thats awkward!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower