Mailed_Fist

Dear Dipshits Bidding on eBay...

How about using a quantum of common sense, dumbass.

An auction that is 6 days out from closing doesn't require a bid from you. If you bothered to use your brain cell to consider the bidding process, you would recognize that you are needlessly driving up the price of the item and if you win, you are paying more than you would if you didn't start bidding on the damned thing long before the auction ends.

In case you didn't know, the only person who wants the price to go up is the person who posted the auction. Try bidding during the last hours. It's what common sense and simian-level intelligence reveal as better than adequate.

So thanks a lot, assholes, for driving up the prices of shit on eBay by being utter and complete dipshits.

MM

SOOOOOO

What did you want to bid on... this one or was it this one:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Really?!, ....how many jumpers can't remember the brand of a canopy they jumped 300 times?:S

doesnt it say on the canopy, too!? probably forgot how to pack it too.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Soooo.....we are to assume YOU had a bid on whatever item, this far out, and it was outbid?:S:ph34r:

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

assume YOU had a bid on whatever item, this far out

Silly Okie.

The Fist knows you are unable to contain your enomous wit. Had you been a lesser individual . . . . B|

And as for bidding on inferior and/or unidentified gear? Why, it's embarrassing to even have mentioned it in this reply.

Get smart, eBay dipshits!!!

MM

Really?!, ....how many jumpers can't remember the brand of a canopy they jumped 300 times?:S

Probably a Sabre 1.
After 300 of those opening shocks, you wouldn't remember a lot of things, too.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Probably a Sabre 1.
After 300 of those opening shocks, you wouldn't remember a lot of things, too.:S

Nah! .....just need to learn how to pack 'em right.:)

Load one like my fat ass does, Tear your rotator cuff and blow two lines from openings, and then we'll talk.;) You can call me a poof, no prob. I'll pitch, you catch.B|B|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

> Try bidding during the last hours. It's what common sense and
>simian-level intelligence reveal as better than adequate.

People with nothing better to do with their lives time their Ebay bids to just before the bidding ends. People who do things like work or skydive tend to just decide what they want to pay, enter it as a bid via ebay or gixen and then let the computer decide who won.

If they lose? Too bad, so sad, they didn't really want to pay that much for it anyway. If they win? Great; they got what you wanted without having to stop training to get that critical last minute bid in.

People with nothing better to do with their lives time their Ebay bids to just before the bidding ends. People who do things like work or skydive tend to just decide what they want to pay, enter it as a bid via ebay or gixen and then let the computer decide who won.

EXACTLY!
That has been my pet peeve for years.
If nimrods would use eBay as it was designed, instead of trying to turn it into a real-time auction, there would be no need for the bitching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bid
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

An auction that is 6 days out from closing doesn't require a bid from you. If you bothered to use your brain cell to consider the bidding process, you would recognize that you are needlessly driving up the price of the item and if you win, you are paying more than you would if you didn't start bidding on the damned thing long before the auction ends.

In case you didn't know, the only person who wants the price to go up is the person who posted the auction. Try bidding during the last hours. It's what common sense and simian-level intelligence reveal as better than adequate.

So thanks a lot, assholes, for driving up the prices of shit on eBay by being utter and complete dipshits.

MM

I've been buyingg selling on ebay since they first started, you sound like a sniper that is pissed because someone else also wanted your gadget, yet they were unable to wait by the computer 24/7 for the end of the auction, so they bid their max, and bid early! (great for sellers, not so good for buyer that are praying for a bargain)

But to be pissed at them just because they can;t wait and Snipe, (just in case you didn;t know that is the term for last second bidding)

Most of my purchases are made in the last 5 seconds of an auction, BUT, sometimes I know I will be gone or out of town at the ending time, So I simply bid my max, and take my chances!

It has nothing to do with being a dipshit, just a matter of timing, Not theDipshits fault they raised the price of the widget you were hoping to get for next to nothing!

There are also "Shill" bidders, the person selling will have friends bid a price up, so they don't lose thier widget for too little...very common practice!

> Try bidding during the last hours. It's what common sense and
>simian-level intelligence reveal as better than adequate.

If they lose? Too bad, so sad, they didn't really want to pay that much for it anyway.

If they win? Great; they got what you wanted without having to stop training to get that critical last minute bid in.

Or just use a service like esnipe.com

Your bid gets submitted seconds before the auction ends so there's no chance for some one to come in, bid a little more, see that your proxy increased the bid, bid a little more, and have their competitive nature run away resulting in either you spending more for the item due to their psychological defect or the price exceeding what you'll spend in which case you need to wait to win another auction.

You can also use bid groups, where you can schedule bids for multiple items that stop being made after the first win. You loose on the ipods ending at 4:00pm and 4:17pm today but win on the one at 9:10am tomorrow and never have to deal with the process until you pay.

While not free like manual sniping, esnipe is a lot more convenient and cheap enough not to matter ($0.25 minimum, 1% of the winning amount otherwise with a $10 maximum).

MM

Strange use of the word quantum. It means a portion, but doesn't specify large or small. Modicum is what you might have meant. It specifically means a small portion.

I'm not sure why bidding early or late makes a difference in my intelligence that you so freely insult. I determine how much I am willing to pay and place my bid. The system automatically bids for me, up to my maximum. If someone wants the item more than I do (bids more), so be it. I wasn't willing to pay that much and they were.

From my point of view, waiting for the last minute to bid in an automated system just raises the pressure on you to bid more than your logical mind would have determined you should. Then, you are in an emotional frenzy and bidding recklessly. Judging from your emotional outpouring in this thread, that appears to have happened with you.

Moreover, I have better things to do than to schedule my life around when an auction ends. I place my max bid and let email notify me how it went.

Sorry my emotional fister. You have failed to sway me that your method of bidding has advantages or that mine has disadvantages. And, seeing how you emote so freely on the internet suggests you aren't the best person to take such advice from anyhow.

Good luck in future auctions. I'll be out doing something fun when they conclude.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

There how do you like us now ? :P i think the community here cut you off at the knee caps nicely...B|

LOL, Back when I was selling full time on ebay , we got this exact same whin on the board's every week...They are simply pissed that the widget cost more, than it would of poeple that want it more, hadn't bid!

Now I only buy on Ebay, they have gotten too greedy with fees to sellers..!

i got a great deal on a pc101 over ebay.. even made an offer via email to the seller, he should of taken it, it was 50 bucks more than what i ended up paying.. :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda