Nataly

At what point are you no longer a "skydiver"

Because I have less than 300 jumps and I have jumped only occasionally over the last few years, I don't even talk about "being a skydiver" anymore.. The more time passes, the less I feel a connection with the sport - until I get back into it properly, I kind of feel like I "used to jump"..

So... is there a point where you can't consider yourself a "skydiver" anymore if you've been away from the sport for too long??

I don't personally care about "defining" myself in particular, just curious what people think.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Well, lets see... if you go without sex (without someone else involved) for 7 years, you're a born-again virgin, so... :D:D:D:P

Anyway, I voted "once a skydiver always a skydiver" because I haven't been jumping much the past year, in fact, haven't jumped since Feb, because of work being such ass-pain. :( But I keep saying I'm going to straighten myself out and get back to spending most of my free time at a dropzone... guess I'm procrastinating... ;)

Because I have less than 300 jumps and I have jumped only occasionally over the last few years, I don't even talk about "being a skydiver" anymore.. The more time passes, the less I feel a connection with the sport - until I get back into it properly, I kind of feel like I "used to jump"..

So... is there a point where you can't consider yourself a "skydiver" anymore if you've been away from the sport for too long??

I don't personally care about "defining" myself in particular, just curious what people think.

Hi Natty,
Think about somethin'? Next time you do jump, leave the plane facing the door. Now, about ten feet down, try to go back......

There's no going back once you've left that door.

You can quit skydiving, but it will always be there in you.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Being a skydiver is a state of mind.
I was forced to quit in 08 due to my health issues but having been a skydiver all my adult life its hard to walk away from.
I will always be a skydiver..... because I am.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I voted with CSpence with "when you will never jump again."
I think it's a state of mind. If you decide not to go again, then "you used to do it."

If someone were to ask me, I'd say "I skydive, but I haven't gone for a while."

It's too bad you don't get to jump more. As petite and athletic as you are, you could be a goddess in our sport. I bet Valinda could go low on you.:D

I bet Valinda could go low on you.:D

you really don't want to know what i thought that said at first glance.:)

You aren't the only one.>:(

Now where did I put the link to the CPR video...:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

bozo and I are kinda in the same boat....so I voted once a skydiver always a skydiver....never have I said I will NEVER get back in the air

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Isn't one of th ebaord of directors Of USPA a One jump skydiver, Yet she is very active in the sport, (can't remember her name right now!) Sherry Shcrimshire? ersumthing like that!

Sherry "Butcher" (AerOhio) is very much an active skydiver.

Sherry Schrimsher is J. Schrimsher's Mom (SkyFest) and was very active in the USPA beginnings including numerous and selfless acts of assisting the USPA in the early years. She was married to Jerry Schrimsher - an accomplished skydiver, pilot and both were loved by all.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You aren't the only one.>:(

Now where did I put the link to the CPR video...:D

:o:$ Uhhh . . . wow.:)
The CPR Video? Got it in my bookmarks. PM me if you need it.:):)

The link or that form of CPR?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Isn't one of th ebaord of directors Of USPA a One jump skydiver, Yet she is very active in the sport, (can't remember her name right now!) Sherry Shcrimshire? ersumthing like that!

Sherry "Butcher" (AerOhio) is very much an active skydiver.

Sherry Schrimsher is J. Schrimsher's Mom (SkyFest) and was very active in the USPA beginnings including numerous and selfless acts of assisting the USPA in the early years. She was married to Jerry Schrimsher - an accomplished skydiver, pilot and both were loved by all.

That's her , amybe even no jumps but has always been one of us!

You're no longer a skydiver when you post too much random worthless crap on the bonfire.

Nah.. That would rule out *way* too many people!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss