Kali

Speeding

Please stay the fuck out of any but the far right lane, unless you're going at least ten over the limit.

Thanks. ;)

FIFY
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm more important than you. That justifies my breaking the law and cussing at you if you interfere.

Thanks. ;)

What I heard.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

i like to sit in the slow lane thinking how much money i'm saving doing 50mph /scrooge

I like the slow lane because it's easier at 60 than 80 to pitch the empty beer bottles at road signs. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i like to sit in the slow lane thinking how much money i'm saving doing 50mph /scrooge

I like the slow lane because it's easier at 60 than 80 to pitch the empty beer bottles at road signs. :)

Cop cars are much easier to hit at 80;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

At least you're in the slow lane. Some people like to do that in the fast lane.:S>:(

Out in the sticks where I live, the speed limit's 50, but everyone pokes along at 35-40 'cause it's just so scenic. :S Two lane highway with few passing areas.[:/]

Just stay out of the way. People like you waste enough of everyone's time as it is.

As opposed to people who think that they're much more important than they really are, evidently.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Move to the right.

This is a simple concept.

Drive the speed limit.

This is a simpler concept.

How about just staying the fu(k out of the left lane unless your passing!!! Simple concept and also the law in some states.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Do 55 instead of 50. Cars are most efficient at that speed.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Aerodynamically, on a flat surface, with no acceleration, in many cases, yes. All cars are designed different - a pickup may get better efficiency at lower speed than a coupe. But real driving conditions will supercede this rule (unless you are on a long trip in Kansas with no traffic). Adding up how fast you accelerate and brake, how you approach hills with momentum, and how you account for other traffic will out-pace the 55 rule in typical traffic. Research hypermiling for some things you can try.

Or, just get a job where you can work from home (I've worked from home for about 10 years now). Living in the city means I can walk to a lot of stores. I don't put many miles on my car at all.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Varies significantly depending on the vehicle...

My Dodge Hemi gets the best MPG at closer to 80 mph.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Please stay the fuck out of the left lane, unless you're going at least ten over the limit.

Thanks. ;)

great idea, except there is now a generation of drivers that think the left lane is where they are supposed to drive, and some driving schools are teaching students that the left lane is safer

if bump drafting were legal some of the dumbasses might move over, or at least get off the cell phone
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

All in all if people would simply drive politely, not too fast and not too slow, using their turn signals, with proper separation between cars and with out distraction, then the number of fatalities on the roads would drastically drop.

As for you and your speeding, good luck and do me a favor, go check the tire pressure on your tires. Make sure that you're actually to the correct pressure as placarded inside the door of your car (not on the tire). I bet you're 10lbs low and are now a further danger to everyone due to a high chance of a blow out!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Varies significantly depending on the vehicle...

My Dodge Hemi gets the best MPG at closer to 80 mph.

I'll bet you a tank of gas it doesn't. ;)

Unless, of course, you mean it gets best mpg closer to 80 mph than 200 mph.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

The traffic flow in the US (well in california and florida anyway) i noticed was always about 10mph over the speed limit, this shocked me I was driving with the flow and was passed by cop cars doing at least another 10mph!!!

Going 5kmph or more over the limit in NZ will get you a ticket, the cops will not likely speed without lights on but our roads are much smaller and windier also. I got a ticket the other day going 113k's in a 100 zone, my car is a turbo(diesel) and will creep up easily, especially with the Ramones playing:) ay oh, lets go...

you would think the police in the US would set a better example though...

I was always in the leftish lanes (In america) as even with the cheap gas in the US I like to drive economically.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Take your anger and frustrations out to the race track. There I promise you, you can drive as fast as you think you can drive and chances are you still will not exceed the performance limits of your vehicle. Plus once you have driven on the track you will know driving like a mad man on the public roads is just dumb.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Take a four lane highway...

The left or #4 lane is where 50% of the fatal accidents happen.
#3 lane is where 30% happen.
#2 lane 5%.
#1 lane 15%.

Guess where I drove when I lived in Los Angeles and now whenever I am on a freeway. That way I can eat a Burger King Whopper, talk on the cell phone and look at a book while I am getting where I am going. I couldn't concentrate with those ass hats blowing their horns at me in the left lane.

jon

The traffic flow in the US (well in california and florida anyway) i noticed was always about 10mph over the speed limit, this shocked me I was driving with the flow and was passed by cop cars doing at least another 10mph!!!

I believe it was theonlyski who told me the phrase "nine youre fine, ten youre mine."

I got two tickets last summer, so now I just set my cruise control and give myself extra time to get places.... Plus, I find that my road rage is significantly less when I have my cruise control going, which is fantastic considering I currently spend about three hours daily in my car [:/]