Kali

Speeding

i like to sit in the slow lane thinking how much money i'm saving doing 50mph /scrooge

I like the slow lane because it's easier at 60 than 80 to pitch the empty beer bottles at road signs. :)

Right you are, and its also easier to throw your trash onto the side of the road leaving the roadway free from unsightly litter.:S
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Good plan, but don't set your cruise control and veg out in the left lane. Most interstates have signs saying "Slower traffic keep right" obey that one.

Yep. Always observe whats going on behind you whenever possible if you're in the left lane thinking you are going fast enough. Trust me, there's always some asshole going faster, never mind the fact you may be going 90 already. ;)

I've found myself lately just parking in the right lane and setting the cruise control for whatever pace most traffic is going in that lane. Easy life.

If you get pulled over and you were speeding, you can get a warning if you weren't going too fast just by saying "I should have left home earlier". It's worked for me a couple times. YMMV and depends on the cop's temperament.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Good plan, but don't set your cruise control and veg out in the left lane. Most interstates have signs saying "Slower traffic keep right" obey that one.

Yep. Always observe whats going on behind you whenever possible if you're in the left lane thinking you are going fast enough. Trust me, there's always some asshole going faster, never mind the fact you may be going 90 already. ;)

I've found myself lately just parking in the right lane and setting the cruise control for whatever pace most traffic is going in that lane. Easy life.

If you get pulled over and you were speeding, you can get a warning if you weren't going too fast just by saying "I should have left home earlier". It's worked for me a couple times. YMMV and depends on the cop's temperament.

Who says Im cruising in the left lane? :P I definitely put myself where I need to be on the road based on the traffic around me... Granted most of my driving is on single lane country roads.

Who says Im cruising in the left lane? :P I definitely put myself where I need to be on the road based on the traffic around me... Granted most of my driving is on single lane country roads.

Yep, as I do... I frequently come up on a bunch of idiots lined up in the left lane doing the limit or no more than 5 over, and there's a couple of 18 wheelers in the middle lane, but the right lane is wide open. Guess where I'm going. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Another situation that irks me to no end, well it used to...

On a 4 lane highway, 2 each way, I have sometimes encountered 18 wheelers riding side by side for miles, effectively preventing anybody from getting through. Makes you wonder, are the drivers idly chatting to each other and laughing at us? I hated that shit. I haven't done it in years and won't do it again, but when I found myself stuck behind these trucks like that, I used the emergency lane and sped around them. Of course I had to make sure it was clear and I had a long line of sight before doing that. After a few miles of waiting for these motherfuckers to move over and open up a lane on wide open flat terrain, you just run out of patience. :|

That's the old me, anyway... not putting my family through that. :P

Move to the right.

This is a simple concept.

Drive the speed limit.

This is a simpler concept.

How about just staying the fu(k out of the left lane unless your passing!!! Simple concept and also the law in some states.

All States!Seldom inforced unless a cop is being blocked from getting to his donut/coffee break!

It cracks me up to see left lane lolly gaggers see a cop in thier rear view, suddenly they remember they are in the passing lane, and move to the right!

There are two kinds of drivers that really piss me off.

1) The guy that gets right on your bumper while you're already going over the limit. If he's in that much of a hurry he should get his ass out of bed earlier and give himself more time to get where he's going. He should be prepared to eat his airbag.>:(

2) The guy who won't move his ass over to the slow lane when it is obvious that I'm in a hurry. Can't he look in his rear view mirror and see me shaking my fist and yelling obscenities at him? Just move over! Jeez! ... Not everyone is riding around with no place to go and nothing else to do! :S

:)
(I don't like people who can't properly negotiate a 4-way stop properly, either)

There are two kinds of drivers that really piss me off.

1) The guy that gets right on your bumper while you're already going over the limit. If he's in that much of a hurry he should get his ass out of bed earlier and give himself more time to get where he's going. He should be prepared to eat his airbag.>:(

2) The guy who won't move his ass over to the slow lane when it is obvious that I'm in a hurry. Can't he look in his rear view mirror and see me shaking my fist and yelling obscenities at him? Just move over! Jeez! ... Not everyone is riding around with no place to go and nothing else to do! :S

:)
(I don't like people who can't properly negotiate a 4-way stop properly, either)

Let me be driving a vehicle with a messed up rear end or needing a new paint job when one of those guys does that to me again.

I drive an 03 z71 silverado, and if you're so close, that I can no longer see your headlights because my tailgate is blocking them... well, thank your insurance company for paying for my body work and medical expenses.

I REALLY hate people who take HIDs and put them in their halogen reflectors. Now you look like an idiot, are blinding everyone you pass, and oh... have LESS fucking light on the road than you did with your damn halogens!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The traffic flow in the US (well in california and florida anyway) i noticed was always about 10mph over the speed limit, this shocked me I was driving with the flow and was passed by cop cars doing at least another 10mph!!!

I believe it was theonlyski who told me the phrase "nine youre fine, ten youre mine."

I got two tickets last summer, so now I just set my cruise control and give myself extra time to get places.... Plus, I find that my road rage is significantly less when I have my cruise control going, which is fantastic considering I currently spend about three hours daily in my car [:/]

Havnt gotten a ticket since I told you that, have ya?;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Thank gawd motorcycles are allowed to split lanes legally in california....we are able to avoid all these idiots!

Im actually VERY aware of motorcycle drivers around, and I wont get within 100 meters behind one on the highway. Most of them are pretty cool and dont do anything retarded... except some kids on their crotch rockets... I just avoid them as much as I can, cause they do enough stupid shit half the time anyways.

The traffic flow in the US (well in california and florida anyway) i noticed was always about 10mph over the speed limit, this shocked me I was driving with the flow and was passed by cop cars doing at least another 10mph!!!

I believe it was theonlyski who told me the phrase "nine youre fine, ten youre mine."

I got two tickets last summer, so now I just set my cruise control and give myself extra time to get places.... Plus, I find that my road rage is significantly less when I have my cruise control going, which is fantastic considering I currently spend about three hours daily in my car [:/]

The only way to aproach the freeway, stay right kick back and relax....9 out of 10 times, you will hit the exit right behind that pissed off person that was zig zagging threw the fast lane!

The only way to aproach the freeway, stay right kick back and relax....9 out of 10 times, you will hit the exit right behind that pissed off person that was zig zagging threw the fast lane!

I grew up and learned how to drive in Houston... sometimes the right lane IS the fast lane... and 45 is like fucking NASCAR during most the day. If you're going 85 just to keep up with the SLOW traffic, and getting passed like you're standing still... yeah, makes you a bit more aggressive.

I would love to see an experiment of people actually using a 4 lane the way the laws says..number 1 lane, (passing lane) used souly for passing, then move over to the right...I bet the flow would improve incredably!

But if everyone is doing the same speed, why would anyone need to pass?

I would love to see an experiment of people actually using a 4 lane the way the laws says..number 1 lane, (passing lane) used souly for passing, then move over to the right...I bet the flow would improve incredably!

For some people, there is that innate need, to pass people, just because. :S

Some TX highways have funky ass speed limits too

75 day; 65 night; 80 on specified segments of I-10 and I-20 trucks: 70 day; 65 night

So, me driving my truck down the highway during the day, the speed limit is 75... but a trucker driving his semi down the same road during the day is 70.

Cause having everyone on the road going the same speed is stupid.

Ron White did a bit about that in one of the blue collar shows I believe.

I grew up and learned how to drive in Houston... sometimes the right lane IS the fast lane... and 45 is like fucking NASCAR during most the day. If you're going 85 just to keep up with the SLOW traffic, and getting passed like you're standing still... yeah, makes you a bit more aggressive.

Houston? NO SHIT...the far right is the best place to be....they make california traffic loos sensable!

Riding a Motorcycle threw Houston was one of the most nerve racking places (right up there with St Loise) I have ever ridden!

What the fuck is up with texas and "Stopping" on the on ramp to enter a freeway?:S

cali, and everywhere else in the world, it is balls to the wall, and they make room for ya!

Thats why I have a big truck with air horns...

I wish a motherfucker would hit me.

(I dont unleash the air horns for just everyone, but boy, do they make that idiot drop his cell phone into the cup of coffee on his lap and splash all over the egg mc muffin.)

Thats why I have a big truck with air horns...

I wish a motherfucker would hit me.

(I dont unleash the air horns for just everyone, but boy, do they make that idiot drop his cell phone into the cup of coffee on his lap and splash all over the egg mc muffin.)

LOL, I drove trucks in the 70's, hauling carnival rides...back then, the trucks were much more Solid...newer ones "look" solid...but much like new cars...will fold up.(till they reach that big ass motor) but the drivers(truck driver) are usually history by the time the wieght of the motor cuts into whatever got in the way!

I do not miss those days of endless driving...I do kind of miss the carnival life!

Some TX highways have funky ass speed limits too

75 day; 65 night; 80 on specified segments of I-10 and I-20 trucks: 70 day; 65 night

So, me driving my truck down the highway during the day, the speed limit is 75... but a trucker driving his semi down the same road during the day is 70.

Cause having everyone on the road going the same speed is stupid.

Ron White did a bit about that in one of the blue collar shows I believe.

FWIW, I believe those 18 wheelers have no business driving 80 mph or more. It takes them way more time to stop in an emergency, and they really need to stay the fuck in the right lane and pass only on level or down-slope surfaces (where there is 2 lanes each directions)

There is this hilly stretch of I-20 in AL that really drives me nuts, because for the most part, you get people from all over the US along this coast to coast highway (including I-10 from TX to CA), so you see a variety of driving styles and they clash quite often. I'm just glad I don't have to drive it every day, being a Mr Mom. I have seen it all, almost!

One of the worst examples of road rage I ever saw was this burly guy in a tiny Geo Metro that I was behind, get all pissed off at the 18 wheeler ahead of him. We were all in the left lane. Goddamn, that 18 wheeler never budged from the left lane for damn near 20 miles. If I had been the one directly behind it, I would have been going ape-shit, but instead, I got to watch this guy go ape-shit. :D He'd swerve onto the left shoulder from time to time trying to get the truck driver's attention and wave his arm as if to tell the truck to move over. Soon enough the birdies started waving. We were only going maybe 70 mph average and barely passing right lane traffic. Both of us did try several times to make a pass in the right lane but there was never a gap long enough to do it.

So finally we get to the flat straight stretch that opens to 3 lanes and the truck finally moves over, and I had a feeling I knew what was coming... Sure enough the Geo Metro driver pulled up even with the truck cab, and swerved several times toward the truck. I stayed back just beyond the back of the truck. Then Geo guy pulled just ahead of the truck and slammed his brakes. :S Right at the point I was sure he was staying in the lane ahead of the truck and before he hit the brakes, I surged ahead to get clear of them both. I saw the trailer of the truck jack-knife a little bit. :S

Metro guy kept hitting his brakes and keeping the truck behind him and waving his middle finger, and getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. Now I have done some crazy things in my road rage experiences, but I would have not gone that far. :S As far as I was concerned, the truck driver deserved a simple middle finger salute and then move on.

Then again, you middle finger salute somebody, you're taking your chances. Piss off the wrong guy, and he comes after you. I've had two semi truck drivers try and come after me, after I'd flipped them the bird for hogging the wrong lane too long, and they followed me off the exit. :S

On a 4 lane...(at least in california) it is illegal for a commercial truck to be in the number one lane!

other than in an emergency!

Most truckers are on the clock, they have to log their time and wiegh stations , they may be annoying for going slow...but they are the safest drivers on the road..

They stay right, and simply keep rolling, they know they will get there...life goes on!

Wish I could say that about most drivers!

When we first move here to Houston, I was driving the 'Vette in from Sandy Eggo...non-stop trip so I was getting pretty tired when I hit the city limits on 10 eastbound.

It's like 5 am and I'm running 75...getting passed by GARBAGE TRUCKS! :o:S:ph34r:

NASCAR lane changes are a damn good description for traffic flow! :)

Definitely had to readjust my So.Cal driving style! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~