grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

hope

Yeah. That's pretty much all we have. That, and a prayer:

HALAK, Toi qui es dans les buts,
Que ton plastron soit sanctifié,
Que tes pads règnent,
Que ta vue ne soit jamais obstruée À cinq contre cinq ou en désavantage.
Donne-nous aujourd’hui notre victoire en série.
Pardonne-nous nos huées Comme nous pardonnons aussi à Melançon qui nous a offensés
Et ne nous soumets pas à la ...défaite,
Mais délivre nous d'OvechkinCosby. Amen!»

Remster

PLF, I see you are oddly silent after tonight's action. Hum........... not too late to change your wing in 6 bet....

I have a bet for you. If the wings win the series, then I have to change my avatar to your avatar for a month. If the sharks win, then you have to use the avatar of my choosing (sharks related) for a month. Oh, and you gotta make some posts too, no going undercover. How about it??

"Oddly" silent because I live on the East Coast.....the game ended an hour after my bedtime. You think I want to then stay up even later and exchange barbs with a bunch of ignorant Sharks fans when I could be sleeping ? :P

I'll take the bet, and commit to at least a post every 3 days for a month. You do realize that the Wings shut San Jose down for about 58 minutes and 40 seconds, right ? I'll take those odds any day.

I'll even change my sig line......no charge. B|

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I hope the Habs beat the pens so the bruins can put a beat down them wimps from Montreal. I still have nightmares of Guy LaFleur streaking down the right side and balsting a slap shot into the back of the net. This all provided that we can get by the Flyers. If we can beat the flyers we are going all the way. I hope LOL.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

I hope the Habs beat the pens so the bruins can put a beat down them wimps from Montreal. I still have nightmares of Guy LaFleur streaking down the right side and balsting a slap shot into the back of the net. This all provided that we can get by the Flyers. If we can beat the flyers we are going all the way. I hope LOL.

Those aren't nightmares...they are glorious memories!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I couldn't watch the game. What were the significant parts of the Pens' game that allowed them to win so handily?

I am hoping that the Habs will give the Pens a good fight at least. I'd hate to see them roll over after beating the Caps....that would make their win look like a total fluke imo.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I couldn't watch the game. What were the significant parts of the Pens' game that allowed them to win so handily?

I am hoping that the Habs will give the Pens a good fight at least. I'd hate to see them roll over after beating the Caps....that would make their win look like a total fluke imo.

We got 4 goals on power plays. It was obvious from the start that Halak was exhausted but they didn't bother switching goalies until the middle of the 3rd period when the Pens were already up by 3 points.

Then in a last ditch effort the Habs went the route of an empty net to give themselves another player. Shortly thereafter the Pens pulled away and skated over to a net with not a Habs player in site to stop them from making the game 6 to 2.