grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Man that SJ crowd is relentless.. a lot of booing their own team already in the first period.

Dunno what you're watching but I haven't heard any booing.

Hell of a game on both sides so far - what a 2nd period! Wish Nabby was a bit sharper... and some scoring from the top line would be nice too...

The Detroit-Phoenix game is pretty amazing too.

Is your tv on mute?:P They booed 3 different times in the first period when the Sharks weren't getting any work done on some of their power-plays.

But yeah regardless of who wins this is one hell of an exciting game!

- oh yeah and your right about the DET-PHX game... go Coyotes!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Man that SJ crowd is relentless.. a lot of booing their own team already in the first period.

Dunno what you're watching but I haven't heard any booing.

Hell of a game on both sides so far - what a 2nd period! Wish Nabby was a bit sharper... and some scoring from the top line would be nice too...

The Detroit-Phoenix game is pretty amazing too.

They were booing with about 7-9 minutes left in the first when the Sharks were on a power play.

Nabokov is porous tonight. The Sharks will be very lucky to get a split at home.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Nabokov is porous tonight. The Sharks will be very lucky to get a split at home.

Indeed. At least three of those goals were completely his bad. Kinda wondering why he was even on the ice for the third.

Wish I knew enough about hockey to bitch about the officials... goaltender interference on Setoguchi my ass... :S:D

Indeed. At least three of those goals were completely his bad. Kinda wondering why he was even on the ice for the third.

Wish I knew enough about hockey to bitch about the officials... goaltender interference on Setoguchi my ass... :S:D

Kneeing the goalie in the face is kinda frowned upon. :o

Kneeing the goalie in the face is kinda frowned upon

Yeah, if he'd meant to do it. Looked to me like he was trying not to hit him - but then again, I freely admit that I know jack shit about hockey. ;)

It all worked out... he got the game winner anyway. :ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah, if he'd meant to do it. Looked to me like he was trying not to hit him - but then again, I freely admit that I know jack shit about hockey. ;)

That was a great game!

.. and they always make it look like they didn't try to do it, just like they over dramatize other penalties. They are actors as well as hockey players. :D

That was actually a good call. CBC announcer Kelly Hrudey gve a good explanation of why it was the correct call. He also said that in Game 3 the Sharks have to have their backup guy ready to go and they can't wait until he has let in 3 or 4 goals.

It was certainly an action packed game. Had the Sharks lost history was not on their side..they have never come back from losing the first 2 games of a series in 7 occasions and the Avs have never lost after winning the first two...12 times.

Anderson for the Avs was outstanding in net.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yes he was, a great goalie. Although you can argue that the Avs played a good game, you cannot argue the fact that we let some easy goals slide in, and that the Sharks put in MUCH more effort for the win. Sometimes what it takes is grit, and maybe a pinch of luck. I still say Sharks win it in 5.... :)I am trying to source some game 5 tickets, maybe you guys can watch me on tv... hahaha

That was actually a good call. CBC announcer Kelly Hrudey gve a good explanation of why it was the correct call.

Figures... we were stuck with the US feed. Heard a rumor that CBC had video that showed Big Joe's shot under Anderson actually crossing the line.

I predict that Marleau and Nabby will be wearing different colors next season if they don't both kick it up a notch or three.

That was a great game!

.. and they always make it look like they didn't try to do it, just like they over dramatize other penalties. They are actors as well as hockey players. :D

The way the Phoenix players 'dive', I'm surprised they aren't required to wear scuba tanks! They embellish worse than French mime!

Chuck

Figures... we were stuck with the US feed. Heard a rumor that CBC had video that showed Big Joe's shot under Anderson actually crossing the line.

I have been watching the end of this wild Game 3 on the CBC website...Here's a link for you to try.

Craig Anderson...unbelievable agains from the looks of the shots on goal...50 shots, 50 saves.
--
Murray

Did that get tipped a bit by the Avs' player?

Even so, Nabokov has to be ready even if his guy has the puck. Brutal way for the Sharks to lose but that's what a hot goalie can do....keep you in the game until you get a break.

Doug Wilson (Sharks' GM) looked absolutely devastated.
--
Murray

If anyone says they deserved the win they are smoking crack.

They...not so much? Anderson... YES!

I am confident that the sharks will not let this mishap alter the series win.

As confident when you said:

I still say Sharks win it in 5....

:P:ph34r: