grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Yeah I was surprised to see the caps loose! Only caught the tail end of the game.

If Halak has another game like that in him the Caps are done.

Even if the Caps win...how far can they go with Varlamov and Theodore? I don't like their chances to go real deep despite their firepower.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That was one of the finest goaltending displays so far this year. Luongo's save last night on Smyth was the save of the playoffs so far. I think the Caps are done. What about the Bruins winning? Amazing.
I'm looking forward to Coyotes/Wings manana!!!! Go Coyotes!!B|

And what a heartbreaking final two games for the Preds.
Now I hope it's the Pens/Hawks with a Pens victory...just so Hossa can watch the Cup hoisted for a third time.:P;)B|:ph34r:

Now I hope it's the Pens/Hawks with a Pens victory...just so Hossa can watch the Cup hoisted for a third time.:P;)B|:ph34r:

Before you know it, he's going to ask to be traded to the 1976 Canadiens;)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Go Habs! I wanna see Ovie cry big crocodile tears!!!!:P

Go Habs Go! Biggest and best upset yet if they can pull it off.

Edited to add: Habs 1, Caps 0 in the 2nd.
--
Murray

WOW! Back from being down 3-1 in Games.

Habs - Pens next.....can the Habs do it again? Stranger things have happened. Should be good.
--
Murray

The best performance by a Habs goalkeeper since Patrick Roy!

The Caps, the biggest collapse since the '82 "Miracle on Manchester" Kings/Oilers series!

Wow! I really wanted Sid and the Pens to put a beat down on Ovie, but now we have to get to Halak. What a game!!!!

Go Pens!B|

OK, now that that's outta the way, who do you guys like for Lord Stanley's Cup?

The Caps look tough, but might crumble.
Canucks look solid as do the Hawks.

The team no one wants to play, Coyotes.

And if the Pens don't win it, please Hockey Gods, give a Cup to the Kings...please...;):P:S[:/]B|:ph34r::D

I gotta start betting hockey!!!!!:PB|:ph34r:

You got that right. It was a wild final 3 minutes....down a man for the last 1:44.

Now, I am praying for another Habs upset and a Bruins win so that I can enjoy watching the Bruin fans get their hearts broken.B|

Something along the lines of 1971 when the Bruins were supposed to win it all and the Habs stopped them in the first round with a hot goaltender named Ken Dryden they had just called up.

Likely not going to happen but a guy can dream can't he?

--
Murray

You got that right. It was a wild final 3 minutes....down a man for the last 1:44.

Now, I am praying for another Habs upset and a Bruins win so that I can enjoy watching the Bruin fans get their hearts broken.B|

Something along the lines of 1971 when the Bruins were supposed to win it all and the Habs stopped them in the first round with a hot goaltender named Ken Dryden they had just called up.

Likely not going to happen but a guy can dream can't he?

I don't know but you can look at it this way... the Canadiens were seeded #8. They beat the #1 seeded team, Washington. That pretty darned good. Gives a fan a lot of hope.

Chuck