grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Sharks...Lose. Absolutely no sense of urgency in the last three minutes and they wound up losing to what looked to me to a more determined team. Got booed off the ice by the home fans.

That's sorry! Win lose or draw, you support your team! That's what a 'real' fan does. A team ain't gonna win 'em all and when the they're 'down', that's when you cheer the loudest.

Chuck

I didn't watch that game so, I couldn't tell you.
All these games are going to be exciting from now till the end. I really would like to see the Wings quit lolly-gaggin' and play like they can. After the way they fought to get 5th. in the play-off standings. Now is not the time to slow-down!

Chuck

I must say, the game was intense

I agree! For awhile there it seemed like neither team was able to get anything going - wonder how many minutes the puck spent in the neutral zone?

This is going to be a good hard fought series if that game was any indication. Colorado definitely came to play.

I don't know if your SJ infatuation is a cry for help, or just plain stubborness........but either way, I hate to see a friend keep hurting herself.

Please seek professional help.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I don't know if your SJ infatuation is a cry for help, or just plain stubborness........but either way, I hate to see a friend keep hurting herself.

Please seek professional help.

I tried not to care about hockey. I really did. But once I realized that despite my efforts, I care about hockey, well, I had to pick a team, right?

But being female, of course I had to consider the whole harmonious home life thing when picking "my" team. I mean, with him being a swooper and me being a canopy nazi, there's loads of stress in the household already. I just can't add to that stress by becoming a fan of a team that might actually make it to (much less past) the second round. :D

I had friends at the game and they sure didn't hear any booing.

It's all good, just a small bump in the road to round 2. I must say, the game was intense, what real hockey should be like.

There was definitely booing. The announcers even talked about it after the game.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Ovie didn't get a shot on goal tonight! Love it!

The Kings just lost a heartbreaker.:S Did you guys see the two guys dressed in all green body suits doing those antics at the Kings penalty box??? I have never, ever seen that before. The one dude was standing on his head. Freaking hilarious! I can't believe the ushers let them pull that off!:D

go pens go

BTW mr wing, sens suck!!! :D

all that being said i hope caps and wings are out first round.....watching the caps game, it was pitiful all the diving they did, quite happy montreal beat them!!

East i dunno who to take, too close, but pens are my team so i'll go with them.

West, id love to see phoenix take it, underdog team that will give everyone trouble. either them or the canucks.

Should be a good playoffs but im gonna miss most of it by being in the sandbox as of monday....hopefully i can get some updates over there haha

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

go pens go

BTW mr wing, sens suck!!! :D

all that being said i hope caps and wings are out first round.....watching the caps game, it was pitiful all the diving they did, quite happy montreal beat them!!

East i dunno who to take, too close, but pens are my team so i'll go with them.

West, id love to see phoenix take it, underdog team that will give everyone trouble. either them or the canucks.

Should be a good playoffs but im gonna miss most of it by being in the sandbox as of monday....hopefully i can get some updates over there haha

WHAT?!?!? Talbot on the Penguins is by far the worst diver in the league right now - just in front of Ruutu :)
Something is definitely up with Ovechkin. He was no where near his usual self last night. Hate to say it, but Washington can't win without him.

Anyways Shawnie-boy - stay safe. Keep your head on a swivel over there. See you when you get back...

I know... Wow!

I'm kinda glad to see them win. I think back to their 'glory days' and the incredible players and all the Stanley Cups. A wonderful history. Wouldn't that be something if, they pulled it off, this year?

Chuck

well, last decade was the 1st ever that didnt see the Habs win the cup (since th 1910's, they have at least won the cup once per decade, except in the 00's), so they should just start this decade right! ;)

But yeah, I'm not betting any real money on this year :ph34r:.
Remster

I know... Wow!

I'm kinda glad to see them win. I think back to their 'glory days' and the incredible players and all the Stanley Cups. A wonderful history. Wouldn't that be something if, they pulled it off, this year?

Chuck

well, last decade was the 1st ever that didnt see the Habs win the cup (since th 1910's, they have at least won the cup once per decade, except in the 00's), so they should just start this decade right! ;)

But yeah, I'm not betting any real money on this year :ph34r:.

Well, there's nothing wrong with 'hoping'. Hey! They did make the play-offs and beat Washington in the first game! That's a good start. Hell, they did better than 'my' team.
Have you ever read 'The Game', by Ken Dryden? A good read!

Chuck

Alright, T minus 1 hour for Sharks domination. Get ready.....

Should be another good game. Home advantage usually doesn't mean as much in hockey, but the Sharks will be in a world of hurt if they don't win tonight.

Go Avs!!!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Man that SJ crowd is relentless.. a lot of booing their own team already in the first period.

Dunno what you're watching but I haven't heard any booing.

Hell of a game on both sides so far - what a 2nd period! Wish Nabby was a bit sharper... and some scoring from the top line would be nice too...

The Detroit-Phoenix game is pretty amazing too.