NickDG

Stand By for ET . . .

maybe some ice...or maybe some conditions for life people hadn't thought of before...

whatever it is, I would bet reasonably large sums of money it's something so boring you'll regret you invested time you won't get back watching the news conference.
Peace, love and hoppiness

"(NECN) - Later this afternoon, NASA will answer questions about whether they have discovered alien life."

It's possible (and probable) that they didn't find any extraterrestrial life anywhere.

I believe that there is life out there. And the fact that they have NOT contacted us proves that they're intelligent.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

>>maybe some ice
I doubt it'll be that. Unless it's some dead nuts proof of liquid water. We already know there is ice or at least frost, as the Rovers found it on Mars. And you can't look at terra-forming on Mars (from ancient times) and not come to the conclusion it wasn't made by running liquid water. Plus Jupiter's moon Europa is completely ice covered. Scientists today think water is very common in the Universe and it's the comets and asteroids that move it around from planet to planet.

Since they mentioned something "biological" it really could be something big. Is a exo-planet full of horny woman too much to hope for?

NickD :)

It's being said now this announcement, "Will change the way we look at the Universe!"

I called Julia (at JPL) to see if she had any intel, but haven't heard back yet . . . which is strange as she always calls back right away . . .

http://gizmodo.com/5704158/nasa-finds-new-life?skyline=true&s=i

Hours before their special news conference today, the cat is out of the bag: NASA has discovered a completely new life form that doesn't share the biological building blocks of anything currently living in planet Earth. This changes everything.

At their conference today, NASA scientist Felisa Wolfe Simon will announce that they have found a bacteria whose DNA is completely alien to what we know today. Instead of using phosphorus, the bacteria uses arsenic. All life on Earth is made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur. Every being, from the smallest amoeba to the largest whale, share the same life stream. Our DNA blocks are all the same.

http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

I se the Usual suspect tried to make this Political!

Myself, I can not for a second believe while looking at the sky, that this ball of water and dirt we live on is the only one with the right mixture for life!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You just can't help yourself can you.:ph34r::D:D:D:D:D

I give it until close of business today until some dumb ass young earth creationist says something along the lines of "God just put it there to test our faith":S

Then I give it about two weeks until someone finds a way to twist a bible verse into explaining this so they can say God knew it all along.

>>maybe some ice
I doubt it'll be that. Unless it's some dead nuts proof of liquid water. We already know there is ice or at least frost, as the Rovers found it on Mars. And you can't look at terra-forming on Mars (from ancient times) and not come to the conclusion it wasn't made by running liquid water. Plus Jupiter's moon Europa is completely ice covered. Scientists today think water is very common in the Universe and it's the comets and asteroids that move it around from planet to planet.

Since they mentioned something "biological" it really could be something big. Is a exo-planet full of horny woman too much to hope for?

I KNEW IT!! ....Silicone-based life forms! :)

Its already been leaked. They have found bacteria that has Arsenic as part of its DNA instead of Phosphorus.

At their conference today, NASA scientist Felisa Wolfe Simon will announce that they have found a bacteria whose DNA is completely alien to what we know today. Instead of using phosphorus, the bacteria uses arsenic. All life on Earth is made of six components: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur. Every being, from the smallest amoeba to the largest whale, share the same life stream. Our DNA blocks are all the same.

Dom

NASA is scheduled to make an important announcement this afternoon . . .

http://www.necn.com/12/02/10/NASA-announcement-spurs-alien-life-specu/landing.html?blockID=364767&feedID=4213

Maybe the aliens will be zombieish with a twist, they need to feed on those with closed minds ... that would be cool:ph34r::ph34r:

I have found that most people consider anyone who doesn't agree with them "closed minded". If you think you have the answer to any question, you are, by definition, closed minded on that subject. That's why I wander around acting on a set of probabilities based on past experiences that may or may not prove to hold up in the next moment. As far as I know, this is all a dream...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

NASA is scheduled to make an important announcement this afternoon . . .

http://www.necn.com/12/02/10/NASA-announcement-spurs-alien-life-specu/landing.html?blockID=364767&feedID=4213

Maybe the aliens will be zombieish with a twist, they need to feed on those with closed minds ... that would be cool:ph34r::ph34r:

I have found that most people consider anyone who doesn't agree with them "closed minded". If you think you have the answer to any question, you are, by definition, closed minded on that subject. That's why I wander around acting on a set of probabilities based on past experiences that may or may not prove to hold up in the next moment. As far as I know, this is all a dream...

Do you really think that when true alien life is found from somewhere out there that a few of the flat earthers, creationists, and others who might have a disdain for any change might have their rather small apple carts upset just a tad???

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Do you really think that when true alien life is found from somewhere out there that a few of the flat earthers, creationists, and others who might have a disdain for any change might have their rather small apple carts upset just a tad???

No. They'd do what they've always done; simply adapt their mythology to fit the facts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver