Meso

Japan Earthquake - 11 March 2011

Reports say that all the nuke plants are safe and OK - some auto sut down.

lets hope it stays that way...

http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushima-nuclear-plant-2011-3

The operator of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant reported an abnormality Friday following a powerful earthquake which hit a wide area in northeastern Japan including Fukushima Prefecture, the industry ministry said.

The system to cool reactor cores in case of emergency stopped at the No. 1 and No. 2 reactors of the plant operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co., it said.

There are reports that the Japanese PM will declare a nuclear emergency.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushima-nuclear-plant-2011-3#ixzz1GHt37wQn

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Reports say that all the nuke plants are safe and OK - some auto sut down.

lets hope it stays that way...

http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushima-nuclear-plant-2011-3

The operator of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant reported an abnormality Friday following a powerful earthquake which hit a wide area in northeastern Japan including Fukushima Prefecture, the industry ministry said.

The system to cool reactor cores in case of emergency stopped at the No. 1 and No. 2 reactors of the plant operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co., it said.

There are reports that the Japanese PM will declare a nuclear emergency.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fukushima-nuclear-plant-2011-3#ixzz1GHt37wQn

that is NOT good! they need DAYS to cool the core, even if it's not in operation anymore..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I live in Monterey county four blocks from the beach in Carmel. I'll let you know if we're evacuated.

Have you started packing the car yet? You'll have an easier time getting out of there if you are ready to roll when/if they give the order. Oh and be sure to put anything important that won't fit in the car up on the highest shelf you have (voice of experience...).

Saw on fb that Shin Ito (Japanese wingsuit record holder from Tokyo) is okay.

they are up to several hundred dead now, found about 300 bodies on a beach in Hendai. The prefecture of Myiagi (North East) has been very severely hit. PAssenger ship with 100 people on board dissapeared. PAssenger TRAIN dissapeared...
Lots of thoughts to all in Japan. :(

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ken predicted the September eathquake in christchurch, it was a 7.2 no deaths (fortunately) he was called an idiot.

He also predicted the february (6.4) earthquake, was called an idiot again and now a couple of hundred people are dead. The eathquake fits his timeline freakishly.

If you throw enough balls at enough coconuts, eventually you'll win a fish.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ken predicted the September eathquake in christchurch, it was a 7.2 no deaths (fortunately) he was called an idiot.

He also predicted the february (6.4) earthquake, was called an idiot again and now a couple of hundred people are dead. The eathquake fits his timeline freakishly.

Yep - even a blind squirell finds a nut now and again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yep - even a blind squirell finds a nut now and again.

but when the blind squirrel produces more nuts than the rest of the squirrels put together...

Even when the nay sayer quirells have all the tech gear and million dollar budgets...

The blind squirrel has a talent.

I guess people simply don't like having to re-think their thought processes, it makes them feel vunerable.

Personally it makes me feel stronger.

Anyway I have said I will not comment any more on this tangent, if others wish to do so (be it silly mockings or discussion), I will create another thread so we can keep this one for information pertaining to the current disaster.

As devistating as the recent EQ(s) in chch have been and many still without water, electricity or sewers, the EQ and Tsunami in Japan is simply horrific and is up there on a global scale in history.

Lets help them the best we can...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

but when the blind squirrel produces more nuts than the rest of the squirrels put together...

It's about success rate, not number of successes. How many 'predictions' does this guy throw out for every one that actually occurs?

Balls, coconuts etc.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'm just wondering if any tsunamis ever showed up anywhere? I haven't heard, so I'm thinking that not. Hopefully it dissipated -- what I heard early this morning made it sound like if it hadn't shown up in Hawaii by sometime this morning (my time) it wasn't going to.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm just wondering if any tsunamis ever showed up anywhere? I haven't heard, so I'm thinking that not. Hopefully it dissipated -- what I heard early this morning made it sound like if it hadn't shown up in Hawaii by sometime this morning (my time) it wasn't going to.

Wendy P.

I assume you mean anywhere beyond Japan. Here in CA, I've heard water level numbers from 1-9 feet higher than normal; risky, but not tsunami level.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/11/BAEU1I9993.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I live in Monterey county four blocks from the beach in Carmel. I'll let you know if we're evacuated.

Have you started packing the car yet? You'll have an easier time getting out of there if you are ready to roll when/if they give the order. Oh and be sure to put anything important that won't fit in the car up on the highest shelf you have (voice of experience...).

Saw on fb that Shin Ito (Japanese wingsuit record holder from Tokyo) is okay.

I stayed up pretty late waiting to find out the impact on Guam and Wake Island. When I saw the waves were only 6 feet, I went to bed. I'm only a few blocks away from the ocean, but more than 100' up hill. Beaches are closed here. Watching live news now. Santa Cruz harbor (other side of Monterey Bay) is being hit pretty hard. Lots of damage to boats and docs. Aren't seeing waves, but surges. The first surge came at 8:08 AM PST and was 8'. News is reporting that another larger surge maybe 10' may come in the next few hours.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Definitely beyond Japan. And I'm sorry that my inability to find anything substantive didn't mean that nothing happened [:/]

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey, rhys, maybe this Ken was involved in an Inside Job producing these quakes. How else would he predict them so accurately?

And I have noticed a complete absence of an investigation into whether or not nanothermite was installed in the fault lines just before the earthquakes happened. :P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I've been watching the news all morning in the office. This is very sad and I really feel for them, but the only thing that I can really do is donate to organizations with relief efforts. I chose the Red Cross, but there are many other organizations out there...

The Red Cross has already launched efforts in Japan. Visit Redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your phone.

http://american.redcross.org
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

The Dirty Pirate Hookers are saddened by the devastation caused by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and want to do something to help. With that being said, we know how upsetting it is to many of you to watch the boobie shot part of the initiation process (newly initiated members have to take a jello shot from a Pimp Wench's corseted cleavage) and not be able to participate yourselves. So we've decided to allow anyone to take a boobie jello shot for a donation at the St. Paddy's Boggie in Fitz next week. All funds raised will be donated to the Red Cross Japan Earthquake Pacific Tsunami relief efforts.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

CA man swept out to sea while taking tsunami pics

http://www.ksby.com/news/ca-man-swept-out-to-sea-while-taking-tsunami-pics/

I am thinking... he has exited the gene pool.

I read this here :

"All the characteristics of scalar EM wmd are showing up in Japan data:

1) High frequency jitter on top of large amplitude locking in videos--textbook nuke test ground rattling--characteristic of forced macro scale rheologic material response to an artificially sustained forcing function driver.

2) Unnaturally prolonged duration

3) Enormous whirlpool left in a shallow bay, surface hydrological phenomena of diamagnetically entrained mass scale entrainment to HAARP flux tube channel input site for inertial driver

4) Probabilities of close succession in 100 year magnitude events are piling up too close in chronologic sequence, indicated abuse of a weapons system advertised in the 90s--British Crop Circles were initial public offering of banned Tesla technology's operational covert program in alien messages deception drawn in cultivated fields. No one is fooled, it's still a wmd violation rogue on the world stage.

5) Game Theory of Stealthy Limited Nuclear War predicts pattern of city swapping and also asymmetric self destructions (Christchurch New Zealand) to even up tallies for continued symmetric war targeting."

No, this wasn't posted by Charlie Sheen. Well, I suppose it could have been ...I dunno! :S

...a couple of the responses are pretty good, too. (Just as :S!)