d123

My dz atmosphere sucks

Like there's no more love for skydiving at all. Everyone is more concern about how they make $ that they really hate eachothers while staying "professionals" (polite). There are also some idiots always doing stupid redundant pranks making everything worst.
Do you have any ideas on how can this situation improve?
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Like there's no more love for skydiving at all. Everyone is more concern about how they make $ that they really hate eachothers while staying "professionals" (polite). There are also some idiots always doing stupid redundant pranks making everything worst.

Lead by example or leave by example. In either case, let others around you know you think there's a better way by showing it to them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hi d123

Easy:)
Option #1 Start a "Team of 4-8 jumpers that you know and respect and practice together at the DZ your at.That way you don't get sucked into the whining, HS bully's, idiots etc:ph34r:

Option #3 Find another DZ that you like. :)
Don't want to drive to another DZ?. That reduces your options.

Option # 3 Go to Eloy, Perris, etc during the holidays and jump your ass off. (Challenging to stay current) and say away from the local DZ.

Option #4 Suck it up cupcake the local DZ is what it is and it's not going to change for you. One Tandem AFF, STUDENT is more $$$ To the DZ than your worthless chump change fun jumping.

Option #5 Quit jumping for a while but keep your gear. Don't wait to long to sell your AAD.

Option #6 Get a sex change operation with big boobs.

DZ politic's have been around for at least 40 yr's that I'm personally aware of. The tandem, AFF, etc and "Professional skydivers" deep pockets just made the situation much much worse for fun jumpers.

IMO Based on my years of experience jumping The "sport" of skydiving is almost extinct. Skydiving is now a industry.:|

I think thats called progress
One Jump Wonder

I agree with those who say don't get involved if you don't have to. DZs, especially ones where the staff are resident and living under each others' feet, are often festering pools of politics and drama. I think it's especially bad off-season, when there's less jumping and so more time for petty disputes.

I've always been surprised by the weekend jumpers who feel the need to get involved in that. Me, I turn up, laugh at the gossip about who's been poking or punching who, and then happily leave it behind me. :)

1) Find local trailer park.
2) Find closest bar to said trailer park.
3) Walk in on a Tuesday.
4) Walk up to first...aaahh...girl you see.
5) Tell here a place where there are dudes dudes and yes more dudes!
6) Invite these handsome women over to your home DZ.
7) Enjoy the show!

But no mate, money is tight. Look at the lastes numbers. It's the same all over the place. It sucks.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Hey people,
how many times the plane doesn't go up because you're missng an I (LOL) ..... HAHAHAHAH .... you're missing a jumper. Would the 8 people consider paying 2$ to rent a fun-jumper?

I will try to do this idea. Rent a fun jumper. Half the price of the ticket and there's a fun jumper climbing with you. On the menu: In airplane fake beer for kewl photos, crazy atmosphere in the plane, singing your favorite song, crazy exits, belly or freefly or both or angel flight (angled flight). Light crew with kewl photos. More ideas to come. Go and rent a fun jumper. A message aproved by your local jumping whore. Now for a small price you can enjoy it for real. Hahahaha
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

DZs, especially ones where the staff are resident and living under each others' feet, are often festering pools of politics and drama.

"Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villany"

- Obi-wan Kenobi

:D Yeah, that too!

Not sure where in Quebec you are, but if you are in the Montreal or QC areas you have more choice than most Canadians. Check them all out. Many DZs really push the loyalty thing but if you don't work there you can just smile and nod.
One thing to remember is that the weather this spring has not been good. If the pros are hurting and it is showing maybe that shouldn't be a big surprise. I know we are all hurting out west.