nigel99

Do you drink alcohol?

Ok so I know a handful of skydivers who don't drink alcohol. I never get drunk but will have the occasional beer and am happy enough to go without.

I was wondering how many people don't drink?

Funny story - when I first started jumping I was 16 and my very religious parents were worried about me being pressured into drinking at the club. For some reason I fell in with a crowd who did not drink. At one point I asked why they didn't drink, and was told "never mix drugs with alcohol":D:D.

My parents never figured that out but they still hated the club. The only time they ever visited was to watch my sister do a tandem - as luck would have it there was a blond in a bikini, reading Penthouse by manifest on the day they visited:o
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Don't touch the stuff.

I last drank 7 years ago and even then I was never really hugely into it.

I was lucky, I was 15 and a friend of mine was old enough to buy alcohol, so I ended up drinking 1/2 a bottle of Russian bear vodka as my first real drinking experience. 4 hours of walking around town and throwing up and pissing in main roads, walking into lightpoles, losing parent's car keys, and passing out in some random dudes bathroom - that was enough to make me never want to get wasted again.

I still drank occasionally, never wanting to get drunk and then I began to see all the shit it causes for a bit of 'fun' and I began to hate the stuff. Seen people turn into violent wankers, seen people die on the roads after drinking and seen people I know die on the road due to other people's inability to use common sense. In turn I decided never to support the consumption of something that kills people around me even when they try to distance themselves from it.

I still wish death on anyone who drinks and drives, and I will go nowhere near anyone who becomes annoying and obnoxious when drunk. Sadly not everyone exercises good judgement and in turn their personal choices end up being a burden to everyone but them.

For clarification, boobies is not a bad judgement decision. It's the right thing to do.

Besides, most alcohol tastes like shit :D

I enjoy the OCCASIONAL (ha right) drink :D:ph34r:

boogies don't count:)

Anyway how are you keeping - haven't noticed you posting much. Second have you started jumping again?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I was lucky, I was 15 and a friend of mine was old enough to buy alcohol, so I ended up drinking 1/2 a bottle of Russian bear vodka as my first real drinking experience. 4 hours of walking around town and throwing up and pissing in main roads, walking into lightpoles, losing parent's car keys, and passing out in some random dudes bathroom - that was enough to make me never want to get wasted again.

Continue the joke...:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

No.
Although I might have a beer once a year or so.

As a youngster, I drank my share, and probably yours too.

Being sober gets you the opportunity to watch all the drunks doing stupid shit instead of participating.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I enjoy the OCCASIONAL (ha right) drink :D:ph34r:

boogies don't count:)

Anyway how are you keeping - haven't noticed you posting much. Second have you started jumping again?

HAHA :) yeah they dont count. . .

im doing well! how are you my man!? ive mostly been lurking here alot, im beginning to get back into posting more ;)

as far as jumping goes. . . i dont have the time now :( i might be doing some tunnel time this weekend though :)
hows your jumping coming!?
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

No.
Although I might have a beer once a year or so.

As a youngster, I drank my share, and probably yours too.

Being sober gets you the opportunity to watch all the drunks doing stupid shit instead of participating.
:D:D

So what is the blender for in your nudist beach fantasy? :):o I always thought it was for margaritas...

hows your jumping coming!?

My jumping is coming on ok. Except the last jump - popsjumper ran off with my wife>:(. Last I saw of them they were holding hands and trying to hide in the clouds[:/]

nope not a drop
9th August 1990 was my last drunk.
10th August 1990 1st day CnS, been so One day at a time since then
10th August is also my Skydive Birthday. (although many years later)

I do more dumb arse things now than I ever did when using, with a much higher likelihood of survival now :ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I dont drink beer, but once every few months I'll take some shots...either Jaegerbombs or Tuaca and get drunk. Doesnt happen but maybe 2-3 times a year and last week was one of those times. Still can almost feel the hangover from the next day...probably why it doesnt happen that often.

Sure, I like some cold beer at the end of the day. But I keep it pretty light. I really don't like hangovers in the morning. And Jaegermeister? Uh-uh. :P

+1
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I drink everyday. Usually have a couple of beers after work.
I used to drink heavily everyday when I was in my early 20s...It was probably a problem. been slowly drinking less as I get older.
Skydiving has probably actual helped me to drink less, where it has caused some people to drink more. For me it was a reason to get up in the morning and not be hungover. Although I guess that is a relative thing, you do get used to being hungover every morning... so for me it was more wake up and not still be drunk...
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

See sig line :D

Usually have several beers after work and maybe a few at lunch. Since I started organizing on Sundays I got to be at the dz at 8am aaaand it's a 1.5 hour drive it has kind of slowed down my Saturday night drinking.

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

No, never. When I was a kid (90 years ago) we used to drink like Vikings. I just got sick & tired of being sick & tired. Well having 4 kids will make you review life as well. The use of alcohol after the "beer light" goes on especially on a Saturday night is what keeps me from staying on the DZ after hours & sky diving on sundays. I observed a TM1 at a DZ near me (Yeah, you know who you are) puking his guts up into a barf bag, generally reserved f/ the tandem passengers. Consequently he made an ass out of him self, was grounded for the day, and the tandem passenger didn't get to jump on that particular jump run. This TM1 is a real prod.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

These days VERY rarely, I've probably had a whole 6 pack this year...:)

Never touch the hard stuff, it makes me 'break out'...doors, windows, teeth etc. :ph34r:

I never really have kept booze in my home, you are not a 'social drinker' if ya sit in front of the tube getting drunk.

Last being said, I was always the last man standing back when I did drink, excessive compulsive thing I guess...I didn't stop 'till there wasn't any left! :$

Kids came along and I try to teach by example, don't miss it.

Just don't like not being in control, in fact thinking about it...the 'drunkest' I've been in the last 8-10 years was a Dennis Anderson's funeral. Had a few (3) with some friends reminiscing old times. Got in the car and drove a block, just didn't feel safe so I sat there for two hours. :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I definitely enjoy wine with dinner,:) Microbrews whenever you can find good ones (well, not in the morning--champagne is the morning drink :P) Hard stuff: not ! Shots never (never saw the attraction to getting drunk w/o the pleasantly anesthetized portion). :o:)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9