Squeak

Marriage and Divorce

So the 2 year marriage thing got me thinking,.

I think disposable marriage is bigger in the USofA than here in OZ, but I also think getting married here in OZ is not that high on peoples agenda, most seem content to live together out of wedlock. Marriage seems to be more the option in the States
I don’t know about the Euro crowd.
I'm celebrating my 10th Wedding Anniversary this year (by being in Eloy away from my wife:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:) BUT we lived together for 14 years before we married So together for 24 years.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Our 6th Anniversary is Friday. We only lived together for 2 years before we got married, though. Baby #2 should be here in about 4 weeks.B|

My wife is looking for her second husband, but that's due to working on the back of a motorcycle and being a competitive swooper.:D:P

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Our 6th Anniversary is Friday. We only lived together for 2 years before we got married, though. Baby #2 should be here in about 4 weeks.B|

My wife is looking for her second husband, but that's due to working on the back of a motorcycle and being a competitive swooper.:D:P

Um, CONGRATS!!!! It feels like you guys just had your first. (Yeah, I'm talking like I've actually met you in person, deal with it :P)

Okay, I'm done with the thread jack.

We just celebrated our first anniversary. I have no intention of ever being divorced. I think a lot of people give up too easily.

My marriage lasted exactly 7 years (to the day); engaged and living together for 1 year before that and dating for 2 years before that, for a total of 10 years. In retrospective, 5 years too long ... I should have bailed out after 2 years of being maried [:/].

I personally no longer see a purpose in marriage ... I don't think I ever did ... I just followed the traditional thinking that being married is a measure of one's success. I'm no longer that insecure :)
O

... I just followed the traditional thinking that being married is a measure of one's success. I'm no longer that insecure :)
O

Whose tradition? That's most certainly NOT the reason that I married or anyone that I know married?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

7.5 years to the day.
I regret.....nothing actually.
It came out of the blue. One day I'm the worlds greatest husband because I'm telling her not to worry about the house work and to focus on her studies and the next think you know I'm getting a text message the next day saying she want's a divorce....[:/]
Like getting shot in the back of the head!

Would I do it again? Yeah sure why not. I think it would be cool to get married again. And it was very nice to have a partner and a good friend who i could talk to and just explore the world with. Yet sadly this time around I will be significantly less trusting and less likely to bend over backwards and put another persons desires ahead of mine.

But that's just me.

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

[...]

Would I do it again? Yeah sure why not. I think it would be cool to get married again. And it was very nice to have a partner and a good friend who i could talk to and just explore the world with. Yet sadly this time around I will be significantly less trusting and less likely to bend over backwards and put another persons desires ahead of mine.

But that's just me.

Scratching head ... and ... only a marriage license can give you that?

[...]
Scratching head ... and ... only a marriage license can give you that?

Hum you are right....I guess not.
But I liked the "idea" of being married.
I guess you can say I'm old fashioned when it comes to that?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Squeak...

Do we have to do a refresher on how to create a pole poll?

you forgot the option "OTHER" :P

FIFY! I don't want to know how he creates a "pole." :o:$

However, +1 on your "other" requirement. I would also add "never married." There is a reason why for some of us. I agree with the "don't need it," except for the purpose of getting benefits (the legal/civil reason) from my federal job.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Squeak...

However, +1 on your "other" requirement. I would also add "never married." There is a reason why for some of us. I agree with the "don't need it," except for the purpose of getting benefits (the legal/civil reason) from my federal job.
those who require "other" or not married are NOT my target audience for the poll
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

those who require "other" or not married are NOT my target audience for the poll

Me: married 14 years, divorced 14 years, married 2 years. All of that when I was over 25.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Me: married 14 years, divorced 14 years, married 2 years. All of that when I was over 25.

Wendy P.

:D:D
Couldn't hold a job, eh?

I have 3 job terminations...two quits and a "You're Fired!"
The Donald would have been proud.

My brother has 5, my sister has 6.
I liked her philosophy: "Wear 'em out, throw 'em out."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was married for six years. Now remarried for a year and a half.

I'll tell people out there that my present marriage is very much the "so THIS is what marriage is supposed to be like" thing. Basing an idea of marriage on my first marriage is silly. That was a marriage that was simply not the best idea.

Thank you to my wife for showing me that cynicism can be misdirected.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Dated two months, married in 8 months, no kids til 30 yrs old and still married after 24+ years. Wouldn't trade it for the world but probably wouldn't do it again.
It helps to be married to a badass Lady with a very positive outlook on life. But, I still do most of the cooking.........for several reasons.
Thanks for putting up with me for all these years Honey!

Dated two months, married in 8 months, no kids til 30 yrs old and still married after 24+ years. Wouldn't trade it for the world but probably wouldn't do it again.
It helps to be married to a badass Lady with a very positive outlook on life. But, I still do most of the cooking.........for several reasons.
Thanks for putting up with me for all these years Honey!

Thanks bro you made me smile. :)

25 year for us.... got to be ready to forgive even when it's not your fault! My wife is awesome; honest and trustworthy... fortunately, not nearly as crazy and extroverted as me.
She had been married before and had an arse for a husband... guess she jumped from the fire to the frying pan. lol
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

Squeak...

I may have typed it that way to change the direction of the thread....;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Married 30 years to one woman - we're still in love and enjoying an empty nest now that we've finally booted the kids out.

Marriage is who you choose and what you make of it. Nobody gets this far without some real work - somewhere around the 17 year point we weren't sure we were going to make it, or even care. But we stuck with it and it's only got better ever since.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !