davjohns

Stuff my ex did

Just interested if other people have had ex moments that made you wonder what they were smoking.

I always recall when I left for Iraq and told my wife I would pay for her and the kids to take weekend excursions to get away and relax while I was gone. We had seperate finances and I always paid for recreational stuff. Three weeks after arriving in Iraq, she told me she wanted a divorce. Shortly after, I found out she had been cheating, etc. etc.

When the divorce paperwork was final, she emailed me to ask if I was going to pay for her to go on vacation. Obviously, I emailed back that I had made that offer to my wife, which she no longer was. I thought it was pretty ballsy to expect me to pay for her to go on vacation after an ugly divorce. Her response? "I knew you wouldn't keep your promise!"

So...feel free to trump that one. I'm just curious.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Does this count?
My buddy in St. Louis got a call from his ex a few weeks after they had buried their 12 year old daughter, who had passed away from pneumonia. She wanted to know why the child support check was late.
How he managed not to shoot the bitch is beyond me. All true, no BS.

I have plenty of stories and I'm sure my ex has stories to tell about me. But, I've found that my life is much better when I just let it go and move forward in life with the people who make me happy. It's not doing you any good to think about the hurt feelings and misdeeds, it's all in the past.

Just my two cents from lessons learned. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I work very hard to not remember or think of what my X did and what I did for her.

But such is life right? X's are as they say in finance "sunk costs" you really shouldn't look back and try and extrapolate the future.

Much easier said than done.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I have plenty of stories and I'm sure my ex has stories to tell about me. But, I've found that my life is much better when I just let it go and move forward in life with the people who make me happy. It's not doing you any good to think about the hurt feelings and misdeeds, it's all in the past.

Sometimes the scars kinda act as a reminder tho, right? :P

Sometimes the scars kinda act as a reminder tho, right? :P

Hi Mr Spot

First time shame on her.>:(

Second time shame on you.[:/]

I'm a very lucky man.:)

R.
One Jump Wonder

Oh, I'm letting go of stuff. I just find some of it amusing and thought others might have funny stories as well. dwj
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

5 deployments, left with a girlfriend, not a single one of the girls lasted 3 weeks.

Just glad I wasn't married to any of them, though I was dumb enough to leave my truck with one. B|

Hell, I found out when one of them changed their status to engaged, and I asked when I had proposed... "Oh, I've been meaning to talk to you".

Sorry man, it's the life you lead, not an easy one... sadly it's also a great way to tell when your woman isn't the right one.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

5 deployments, left with a girlfriend, not a single one of the girls lasted 3 weeks.

Just glad I wasn't married to any of them, though I was dumb enough to leave my truck with one. B|

Hell, I found out when one of them changed their status to engaged, and I asked when I had proposed... "Oh, I've been meaning to talk to you".

Sorry man, it's the life you lead, not an easy one... sadly it's also a great way to tell when your woman isn't the right one.

Absence only makes the heart grow fonder of someone who is right there.

People are flawed... Your ex had qualities that attracted you to her and vice-versa. That your incompatibilities overcame the good stuff doesn't erase the fact that you loved this person for some very good reasons.

If I had to make a guess, I would venture that you did/said some pretty stupid things as well... Right after a breakup you are hurt and vulnerable and (IMO) quite likely to do/say stupid shit - it's kinda normal... Usually, it's a phase that passes when both people move on.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Dude, THAT'S fucked up. [:/] Had a similar experience many many moons ago. My friend & my boyfriend worked at the same mountain resort (obviously very small community). He started living with some other woman while still keeping things going with me. Of course, my friend told me. When I asked him about it, he said he didn't appreciate being spied on! :S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Dude, THAT'S fucked up. [:/] Had a similar experience many many moons ago. My friend & my boyfriend worked at the same mountain resort (obviously very small community). He started living with some other woman while still keeping things going with me. Of course, my friend told me. When I asked him about it, he said he didn't appreciate being spied on! :S

Oh dear... :S About 10 years ago I dated someone who would turn all his anger on me for every thing *he* did wrong... I think it was his defence mechanism... I admit that I stayed with him FAR longer than I should have since this behaviour was destructive for both of us...

When I separated from my ex, I realised I had held him accountable for many of *my* flaws... I will forever regret my behaviour in this respect.

Hopefully, you live and learn...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Dj...ski-dog, just wanted to say that I remained faithful to the armed forces while you guys were away fighting...

I couldn't believe the crap I was seeing/hearing from the wives of our troops...I put everyone of those selfish attention grabbin' whores in their place right where they belonged...I did not cave in.

....but there are the faithful ladies like you wouldn't believe...Real Women...true...don't give up.:)
Thanks for your service...

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Absence only makes the heart grow fonder of someone who is right there.

Translation: Hell hath no fury like a bitch in heat...

If I had to make a guess, I would venture that you did/said some pretty stupid things as well...

ya, like agree to pay for that cunt's vacation while he's off fighting for his country thousands of miles away from the family he loves while she's...nevermind...what nerve....I'm done.

excuses, excuses...

If I had to make a guess, I would venture that you did/said some pretty stupid things as well...

ya, like agree to pay for that cunt's vacation while he's off fighting for his country thousands of miles away from the family he loves while she's...nevermind...what nerve....I'm done.

excuses, excuses...

Yep... When I was in the service, I heard about a lot of cheating girlfriends and wives... I also witnessed a lot of cheating from the men's side. I don't know which side was worse, to be honest... I do know that it made me very cynnical about long-distance relationships... Well, relationship in general, actually, since a lot of the cheating went on (on both sides) when NOT on deployment... :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

People are flawed... Your ex had qualities that attracted you to her and vice-versa. That your incompatibilities overcame the good stuff doesn't erase the fact that you loved this person for some very good reasons.

If I had to make a guess, I would venture that you did/said some pretty stupid things as well... Right after a breakup you are hurt and vulnerable and (IMO) quite likely to do/say stupid shit - it's kinda normal... Usually, it's a phase that passes when both people move on.

http://rlv.zcache.com/its_always_the_man_fault_tshirt-p235976286531493396z8uki_152.jpg
I'm sure you can order this t shirt?

Because no way in hell was the girl bat shit crazy! No way no how! After all women were touched by the hand of god at birth and were not only give divine wisdom of the ages but also given a golden moral compass that never fails and never strays off....

Let me tell you about my X.
I fought the US embassy and won to have her in my life.

When we had the money I gave her the new car, I drove the old one.

Every year for vacation we would go see her family IN FINLAND...IN DECEMBER! ($1,500 per ticket!)

I would always thro her surprise birthday parties.

I hid Easter Eggs for her on Easter.

I would bring flowers to her job and give them to her about twice a month and simply say, "Because I missed you today."

When her white trash friends lost their jobs, I would buy their little snot nosed kids Christmas presents.

When her white trash friend decided it was time she married her boyfriend aka the baby daddy....but didn't have money for a wedding dress who do you think said "Yeah not a problem?"

When I made enough money I paid for her education.

And just to make sure she was not too stressed out I would not clean the house when she was studying but I also made sure she came home to a warm meal every night when she came home from school?
AND WHY! Simple, not only was she my wife, but I thought she was my partner, my friend and my confidant.

And what did Shah get.... well from the top...6 months before she divorced me she would take a nice shit and not flush the toilet. NICE! Would come home and eat dinner and spend a solid 2 hours bitching to me about her job and her school go take a shower and go to bed. And recently, thanks to one of her older coworkers who happens to actually have a sense of morality and conscience, I found out that about the time I broke my tib fib she was cheating on me.

I'm sorry if I sound a little jaded but a pox on both our homes! Me for being so fucking stupid as putting another person ahead of myself and on her for being a lying cheating sack of shit!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!